Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jims 1st grow - LEDs - feminized Lemon skunk - advice?

420 Member, Nug, and Plant of the Month Winner pan4gold49's Avatar

Re: Jims 1st grow - LEDs - feminized Lemon skunk - advice?

Jim your plant is coming along nicely.

Please read this http://www.420magazine.com/forums/gr...ed-panels.html

I may help you with led.

Pan4

420 Member

Thanks pan

I am using LEDs that have been bought from a decent supplier (I think) so I'm hoping that the plant will continue to make more progress. The fan seems to be sorting out the circulation problem I had at first. The plant is alomost ready to begin LST.

anyone have any information on this strain? THC content, yield etc

Any more info is usefull.

Yes Jim I have one currently in flower.

But I still don't have THC as no one has posted it yet.

I would read some more about led panels. I built 4 panels out 500 leds and I need about 2000 more to even get close to what plants require.

Pan4

420 Member

Nice work Pan , is that one you mentioned in flower on a grow journal I can look at?

Well Ive got a hell of a load more LEDs on their way so I guess I will just have to see what happens. What height did you position your LEDs when you tried?

Its snowing outside!

Jim, I can't wait to see how ur LED idea works out. I thought about getting LED things, like you mentioned, but people turned me on to CFLs instead. If ur LED thing works well, i might get a powerful panel of them to see if it helps.

Jim I just posted updates. The lemon skunk is there.

I wish you luck.

Pan4

420 Member

Thanks Pan4 and untamedFox,

Pan4... what happened to the end of your journal with the lemon skunk? I was looking forward to reading a smoke report on that and your blue cheese , I have this fem blue cheese seed - for another grow.

Do you think that if I have mostly red spectrum LEDs, that my lemon will be forced to flower early? Ive got two panels on their way I hope (over 500 Leds in total) one of them is red and the other is mixed. Should I rig them both up from the start or leave the red for flowering?

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT

420 Member

Still no LEDs arrived :-(

Can anyone explain what supercropping and topping is? I am currently using 24/0 with the small light I have currently, should I be giving the plant a rest period? of 4-6 hours? O and should I have my fan running constantly too??? This is my first grow, any help/advice is needed! Thanx guys.

Day 10 under the LEDs:

Check this link out. It has a section on supercropping. How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!

This is a quote from my hydro grow. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by McBudz View Post
    TOPPING:

The red arrow is where I cut my top. the green arrows (hard to see) is where the new tops grew out after the cut (top).

Now looking at one of the new tops you see where you should top at " red line". the blue arrows will be your new tops that grow out after you top. So its important not to cut those when you top. If you hit them on accident you are more than likely just fimming them and they will survive they will just grow out without points. This is actually FIMming (Fvck I Missed) if you intentionally did it to your top. I prefer topping over fimming.

Depending on how bushy your plant is this can be tough. Use very small pointy snips to get in there. You'll be please with the results. Hope this helps.

In a couple of weeks you will have 2 very nice thick sturdy cola's to be.

Here is bigstinky, I topped about 2 weeks ago.

to answer ur other question, you should probably give them some rest, about 4 hours is all that's needed. normally people do 18/6, but 20/4 is fine.

420 Member

Picture updates.
    I havent used any nutes yet, trying to keep it natural as possible. But I will start feeding once every week or two, now that the plants on its third week.
    The LED panels arrived, so I put the red one further away and the mixed one closer - as the red is mostly for flowering.

Week 3 pics:

New LEDs:

dude, i cannot wait to see how this turns out. I haven't seen a lot of LED grows, mostly CFLs and HIDs
    Anything posted, including pictures and words, are fake, and not to be taken literally. The pictures are copied from other websites, and the words are complete lies. Nothing is to be taken seriously or for fact.

You have my curiosity.

420 Member

Thanks Cherma and untamed fox,

Here are photo updates, Lemon skunk, day 24 under LEDs:

anyone got any thoughts on how how its doing, does it look a bit small for its age? Im going to start feeding with grow nutes next week I think, see what that does (start on half strength).

How long does this type of plant need to stay in veg before I should start on 12/12 for flowering?

420 Member

I screwed up, the number of days I said for the last two pictures, is in fact from seed. Not how long theyve been under the LEDs.
    I have some pic updates. So this is infact day 23 under the lights - is it me or is the plant small for this age? I havnt used any nutes yet so I will start 2moro on half strength, when I water.

The soil feels really dry after 4 days of no water, can anyone say how much water I should be giving it each time? ml?

Next to a nano for size comparison:

This is a pic of the setup, you can see why I an LSTing - I havnt got much room.

Should I top the plant a week before flowering to increase yield or shouldnt I risk chopping it?

Dont be shy, comment!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast