Deep Water Culture/DWC DIY Creations

Doctor Who

Post your Deep Water Culture creations here to help others who want to get into Deep Water Culture, help them build their own system, post your instructions, pictures, links if premissible, what ever you have that may help a Deep Water Culture to be and all bubleheads save money.

Thank you.

Sending pictures as soon and Justin gets back. They are dismantling all the gold mining tables- large, very large Sluice basins for the water resivours. Pums of all sizes and types. 80 or so flor tubes all lumens, MH/HPS the works. Ballasts of all types.

One thing... PM me on why Advance nutes are being prefered to SH. We were about to do a cost break down via our size and what/where to purchase all the nutes. Going with Adance nutes was something new I read here. Would love more info in a PM.

It'll take a month to convert what we have now to the bigger location. PM any and all advise now! Pictures in the next day or so.
j

I have some 7" high, 4$ dishpans 15x20" hold 7 or so gal water. I floated close cut styrosheet inside and drilled 2" holes. I rooted cuts in inch an a half RW, put in 2" net cups and flowered 8 to learn sex of seed (veg held) plants. 12" finished med providers floated just fine. Yup, I did it all wrong and drowned them but guess what? Aeration baby! Try it, you'll like it.
Man's trying to grow pot in a cabinet, Yankee, I called it a cab. Tops of my finished budded babys was 18" off the bottom of my cab. That, my friends is low rise.
I actually did two of these together under a 250HPS. Been a Deep Water Culture and now I know it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

100_13791.JPG
100_13801.JPG

Lights 2 400wtt hps and DIY venting and cool tubes light build, all under $400

Very nice venting set up! 8, 10 or 12' ceilings? Adjustable verticle hieght no doubt. Sweet set. Any side lighting in the future?

cloner_photos.jpg

Step 1 — Cutting the ½" PVC Pipe
1) Cut eight 7" lengths .
2) Cut two 1½" lengths.
3) Cut one 2¼" length.
Step 2 — Preassemble Your Sprayer Frame
1) Start with the top "H". It's made from the 3 — Tees & two 1½" pipes.
2) Add the elbows to the tips of the "H".
3) Add the 7" legs and end caps.
4) Attach the 2¼" pump connecting pipe to bottom of the "H".
Step 3 — Drilling the Sprayer Holes
1) Measure and mark the sprayer holes according to the plans.
2) Use the 11/64" drill bit for the eight holes.
Step 4 — Drilling the Lid
1) Measure out 23 holes as shown in the plans.
2) Use the 2" hole saw to cut the holes.
3) Use the Exacto Knife to clean up the holes.
4) Cut a small hole with the Exacto knife just big enough for the cord to fit through.
Step 5 — Final Assembly
1) Place the pump and sprayer unit into the container and check to make sure everything fits well.
2) Take apart the sprayer unit and paint primer on the ends of the pipes and inside the fittings.
3) Start the final assembly on the sprayer unit. Be careful because the glue dries fast! Do only one part at a time until the unit is completely assembled.
4) Screw in the sprayers. You may need to use a pair of pliers to get them in.
5) Cut down a neoprene collar to the size of the cord hole you cut in the lid.
6) Run the cord through the lid and neoprene collar. Don't put the lid on yet.
Step 6 — Setup and Conclusion
1) Add enough water to cover the pump but don't fill it over half way. We don't want the roots to hang in the water.
2) Add 150ml of Clonex solution to the water (optional) and adjust the PH to 5.8
3) Set your cycle timer to one minute on and five minutes off.
4) Put the lid on the container.
5) Fill the cloner with your favorite strains. Don't spray the cuttings.
6) Enjoy your new cloner!!!! You should see roots within a week.
7) Don't forget to pass the love on...

Image20091126185207265.jpg

my bootleg exhaust fan ,,its a window fan with flex tube duct taped pulling my hot air out of my flowering room..cost 30 bucks $15 fan $10 duct $5 duct tape,works great:cheer:

here is my bootleg fan exhaust also. i have a non-sealed hood, but the heat it was throwing off mad my lil closet way too hot. so i cut some slats in the top of the hood and fabricated this fan on top to pull hot air up and blow out of the closet. has worked surprisingly well
DSCN2604.JPG

DSCN2603.JPG

DSCN2602.JPG

Love your cloner DIY Doc. Plan on building one soon but, smaller, say 12 holes. What cfm pump would you suggest ?
Thanks again Doc.

Gotta vent the heat out of the grow area I think. You must already be sure your hood heat is less tha what would cause a fire. Venting out the heat from your grow area is my concern.

Speaking of ventilation. My grow room is a cold storage room in the utility basement that the original owner built and one of the reasons I bought this place. It already had two 4" pipes into the room for heat control. The exhaust in the ceiling and the intake coming in at floor level on the other side of the room. No fan tho and no cash either. So I took a fan out of a dead microwave, mounted it on a couple of corner brackets and screwed it to the wall with a 5"-4" reducer. Total cost. $1.99 for the reducer and it's all I need for my little room. It's plugged into a temp/humidity controller that I already had. I always meant to get a good inline fan but it's performed admirably for 6 years and about 12 grows like the one I'm doing now so why spend the money. I almost broke my arm patting myself on the back. lol

CheapFan.jpg

Some great stuff going on here Dr. Who. Love that post for the cloner!

+reps for you and 5 stars for the thread. :thanks: :peace:

cloner_photos.jpg

Step 1 — Cutting the ½" PVC Pipe
1) Cut eight 7" lengths .
2) Cut two 1½" lengths.
3) Cut one 2¼" length.
Step 2 — Preassemble Your Sprayer Frame
1) Start with the top "H". It's made from the 3 — Tees & two 1½" pipes.
2) Add the elbows to the tips of the "H".
3) Add the 7" legs and end caps.
4) Attach the 2¼" pump connecting pipe to bottom of the "H".
Step 3 — Drilling the Sprayer Holes
1) Measure and mark the sprayer holes according to the plans.
2) Use the 11/64" drill bit for the eight holes.
Step 4 — Drilling the Lid
1) Measure out 23 holes as shown in the plans.
2) Use the 2" hole saw to cut the holes.
3) Use the Exacto Knife to clean up the holes.
4) Cut a small hole with the Exacto knife just big enough for the cord to fit through.
Step 5 — Final Assembly
1) Place the pump and sprayer unit into the container and check to make sure everything fits well.
2) Take apart the sprayer unit and paint primer on the ends of the pipes and inside the fittings.
3) Start the final assembly on the sprayer unit. Be careful because the glue dries fast! Do only one part at a time until the unit is completely assembled.
4) Screw in the sprayers. You may need to use a pair of pliers to get them in.
5) Cut down a neoprene collar to the size of the cord hole you cut in the lid.
6) Run the cord through the lid and neoprene collar. Don't put the lid on yet.
Step 6 — Setup and Conclusion
1) Add enough water to cover the pump but don't fill it over half way. We don't want the roots to hang in the water.
2) Add 150ml of Clonex solution to the water (optional) and adjust the PH to 5.8
3) Set your cycle timer to one minute on and five minutes off.
4) Put the lid on the container.
5) Fill the cloner with your favorite strains. Don't spray the cuttings.
6) Enjoy your new cloner!!!! You should see roots within a week.
7) Don't forget to pass the love on...

Yes great info Doctor! I used these plans to build my cloner and it was not only fun, but I have had a 100% success rate so far. You will have to purchase a cycle timer for the aero pump, which is about $50.

Here is a link to the PDF plans with parts list as well. Makes it a breeze to make your own. $300-400 for an ez-cloner, I think not! Try $80 for a homemade cloner that is just as good.

新利18luck网站-18luck新利手机版-18luck新利app

Also for anyone interested in aero, there are plans for a cool veg unit and flower system here:
StinkBuddies.com

Bubble2_174.jpg

Bubble2_169.jpg

Bubble2_166.jpg

Bubble2_380.jpg

I made a bubble bucket for my jalapeno, and basil indoor soil plants. I used an empty Cat Litter bucket, the stickiest black duct tape I could find at home depot, some party cups, and some leftover hydroton, along with a small 6gallon $5 pump at petsmart and a couple 6" airstones. After cleaning all the soil from the roots and transplanting from soil to the DIY bucket, the plants took off like crazy. Hoooraaay for bubbles!

Back
Top Bottom