Making The SH Mistic Cloner

JonnyBtreed

Well for starters, I've cloned many ways over the years. I've used cutting to sand, cutting to soil, cutting to rockwool, and cloning aeroponically. And I have to say making an aeroponic cloner is certainly the easiest if your planning on a DWC system. Cloning into rockwool and putting that in the Deep Water Culture system is also one of my favorites and I will be doing a tutorial on that later in the month. But for now, I'll show you the basics on making an aeroponic/fogging cloner for under 50$

Here is a Parts List/ Order List for everything you need aside from a 2 inch hole cutter attachment on a drill, which you can pick up at any hardware store. You can't use a spade bit because it will just tear up the plastic to bad and you'll be going through the neoprene like crazy.

Stealth Hydro Mistic Cloner Exact Replica - 45$ shipping included

The Fogger unit - 25$

Rubbermaid Tub - 5$ + 2.28 shipping

18 Neoprene Inserts - 9$

Cloning_001.jpg

008196.jpg

11009_001.jpg

002277.jpg

The great thing about cloning aeroponically is the versatility. You can put it in soil, or just surround it with hydroton and do DWC. Pretty much anything you wanna do But if you want a Perpetual Grow a cloner should def be on your to-do list

btw the clone in the picture is 10 days old.

Happy Cloning!!!!

:roorrip:

I have used this system and normally see a root appear within 4 days!

Great Thread, Jonny! Very good!

Thank you Rose, I would of done a step by step, but I don't have any need for another cloner and I think the actual building is pretty cut and dry. But if anyone has any questions on the building of it or the operation, ask away, I'll be here to answer.
And I'll upload some more of my old cloner pics and throw them up shortly.

nice i made an aero cloner and it works great, but seeing the root structure on thoes clones, i may have to build a fog cloner.

Okay, It was spaghetti night and after a good 10-15 glasses of wine, I'm awake and won't be sleeping for awhile so I might as well continue. I don't have any uploaded " taking the cut " pic, but hopefully one of the mods can help me clean this up a bit later. They're good like that here. Anyways.

You want some sharp scissors or a straight blade, some Clorox wipes, a tall cup with water at a pH of 6.0 or so. Superthrive or another B1 vitamin complex supplement, Clonex Gel or another cloning gel or powder, and a bowl to smoke...

Cloning_007.jpg

that last one obviously being the most important.

:roorrip:

use the cloroxwipes and wipe your scissors or straight blade down EVERY CUT. This is VERY important. Cleanliness is godliness...

You wanna take the cut one node up starting from your lowest branches on the plant. These plants technically have the oldest hormones and are quick to root. Take it just like a topping cut, leaving two points of growth just under your cut. That way, every time you take a cut, you'll end up with twice as many new shoots in two weeks. If your cutting clones the right way, your going to get to the point where your going to run out of room for them, and your making cuts just for space. This is what you call a good problem
Take the cut long, about six inches at least if possible. Then put it right in the water with the superthrive, take your scissors and make a cut a 1/2 inch up, then another cut 1'' higher. Then take out the cutting and immediately submerse it in the gel. Many people say you don't need gel or a rooting compound in an aeroponic cloning system but I do anyways. I lose 1 out of 15-20 clones or so as long as I keep on top of things.
Cloning_011.jpg

Insert into the neoprene insert and put it directly into the system (which should be running for at least 30-45 min prior to build up humidity and avoid embolisms.) And your done... Simple as that...

008196.jpg

btw - I use soil plant markers in different colors to differentiate my soil plant mothers and my different strains, I just cut those into tiny tabs and mark them with the strain name, which are color coordinated anyways and they can sit on the side of the neoprene tab without any harm to the plant and, no permanent markings to the cloner... just something i do...

:grinjoint:

Hey, you mention that you differentiate between those mothers in soil and hydro. I'm planning to start a mother from a white widow a neighbor has. I plan to place it in soil and grow it like a house plant. I feel in soil and a minimal light source will help keep the plant idling along and not over growing too much too fast as I won't need that many clones. Is it acceptable to raise the mother like this?

Keeping it clean was great advice and the biggest mistake many cloners make.

This is one great 5 START Thread Jonny. I am voting 5 stars now.

Thank you rose, and thank you everybody for your comments. Its really a great system. Glad I could share with you all.

Made a similar one yesterday. I used an old 5 gallon bucket setup from years ago. I already had 10 holes drilled in the lid top. Used the mister from an old decorative house thingy, which I just looked at the fogger link from Jonny and it is actually a pretty good unit, has the led lights but there is a switch to turn off the lights. yeah. So I threw it in the bucket and took 9 clones. This morning 8 of em look like they have a chance. I had to trim back a mom yesterday so I had cuttings that should not be considered cuttings (hardwood) just to see. So far so good! +++++++ again, thanks for sharing.:thanks::surf:

Hey, you mention that you differentiate between those mothers in soil and hydro. I'm planning to start a mother from a white widow a neighbor has. I plan to place it in soil and grow it like a house plant. I feel in soil and a minimal light source will help keep the plant idling along and not over growing too much too fast as I won't need that many clones. Is it acceptable to raise the mother like this?

Sorry man, I just was reading back and saw this for the first time, my bad.

To keep a mother at the height you want her I would actually suggest an aggressive amount of fertilizer and a lot of pruning. Your basically going to have to take clones every two weeks whether you need them or not. And you want to keep your mother happy, healthy and viable. And have cuts ready whenever you need them. Gotta keep the mix going!

Anyway, I suppose the answer depends on how much light you actually have. Your problem might end up being a stretch issue if anything. Keeping it by a window and having light on it 18 hours a day would also be a factor. How often do you keep your lights on from 6 am to 12am? Because if they don't have this, obviously they will start to flower. And to get good vigorous growth and a good supply of clones every two weeks from a mother its imperative to keep her in her veg cycle.

And I clone into soil with this unit all the time and they always do great.

These are the clones 2 weeks from Cut - same clones from ones in pic on page before
001235.jpg

:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom