Chevymans Odor control bucket

Chevyman

k everybody doing a lil different kind of post today, dont worry theres no shortage of pictures...lol Started flushing today. just phd water. i know there are a bunch of u not flushing and some ppl say flush. so im gonna be one to try flushing . then we can alll compare notes..Came up with a mini version of ROSEMANS odor bucket. thanks for the idea ROSEMAN !! i just modified it a bit

coffee can odor bucket

DSCN3041.JPG

supplies:
3" computer cooling fan. 120 v ac.
3' lamp cord
1- outlet box {blue kind }
1- light switch
1- Big size coffee container.
2 or 3 different drill sizes { i used 1/2", 3/8", 1/4" }
Razor knife
phillips screw driver
wire nuts.
assorted screws.
Hot glue gun

First i took a jar of sour kraut, i dont like it, my mom was just visiting and she liked it. any way, the jare is the same size as the round part of the fan so i used it for a template on the lid of the coffee can.
DSCN30421.JPG

DSCN3043.JPG

Then i just cut that with my razor knife.

DSCN30451.JPG

Then i just hot glued the flange of the fan, making sure i had the air flow facing into the can.

DSCN3046.JPG

DSCN3056.JPG

DSCN3057.JPG

Next i took the blue switch box and pre drilled two small holes. then i attached the blue box to just under the lip on the can.with two small screws.
DSCN3048.JPG

DSCN3049.JPG

DSCN30512.JPG

DSCN3050.JPG

Now that the box is mounted we can drill the vent holes everywhere but of course where the box is mounted.This is where i used 1/2", 3/8" and 1/4" . but whatever you have works. i just drilled a bunch of holes all the way around . i stayed about 2"-3" from the bottom so i could put ona gel and a lil bit of water too.

DSCN3052.JPG

DSCN3053.JPG

DSCN3055.JPG

DSCN3054.JPG

ok so im not an electrician but i do know enough about ac to know how to wire just about anything. I got a dimmer switch figuring i could control the speed of the fan but it doesnt work like that. it only turns on when its up all the way. but i think all the way is ok.So a regular single pole switch would work just fine.i ran the fan wires in one side of the box and the cord wires in the other side. i attached the black from the fan and the black from the cord , one to each black on the swich. my switch just had 2 blacks and a ground. I put it all inside a blue box for safety . just keep it all neat and clean.

DSCN3059.JPG

DSCN3058.JPG

DSCN3060.JPG

now screw the switch down and put the lid on ond ur done.there is enough slack with the wires from the fan to be able to remove the lid and place it down for ona refilling.

DSCN3061.JPG

DSCN3062.JPG

DSCN3063.JPG

So there you have it , your DIY Mini Odor bucket.. All said it with the ona gell and the fan they were the most money spent. $20 for ona fresh linen and $20 for cooling fan. about $7 for the switch,box, and lamp cord...coffee can....FREE.....after you drink the coffee. so really about $27 in parts. and $20 worth of refills.:420::420::420::420::grinjoint:;)

THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST HOME MADE AIR FRESHENER/ODOR CONTROLLER EVER!!!!!!!!!!! + REP WHEN I CAN. THIS ROCKS. IT IS NOT BIG AND BULKY, TAKES SMALL FANS, AND OH YEAH DID I SAY IT WAS SMALL. + REP CHEVYMAN + REP. YOU CAN HIDE THAT ANY WHERE, NO NOISE, SMALL, THAT ROCKS.
I already have 2 of those fans, a similar container, and the stinky ONA Pro, just need the dimmer and housing to house it.

thanks frostybuds and beckernova. im pleased to report that after one day of use. the lil bucket is working great. no more marijuana smell, unless im toking up...lol

hey rolled up. right now it is covering the smell of one massive plant. i do not have alot of ona gel in there . i just dilut with water. id imagine with straight ona , or alot of ona with alot of water it would mask a small garden . no problem.

This site is great, I thought for sure I would have to invest at least $200 on a fancy pants inline fan and scrubber.

:thanks: Mr. Chevyman :thumb:

It sure would be nice to control the fan speed. There is no sense running it too fast from a whole lot of standpoints ($$$, noise level etc) I'm not an electrician, but I've been doing some research on fans for a future grow box. It looks like 115 v AC fans can be speed controlled but require a controller designed specifically for the fan. Just searching the internet for muffin fans will lead you to many industrial suppliers of fans and speed controllers. I really havn't done any price shopping but found some controllers in the $30 range.

use a good dc fan for a PC and a zalman fanmate2 speed controller. ~$20 total. (Reuse/recycle an old 9-12v wall wart for power)

If noise is an issue, google "recommended fans" for a list of tested high performance, low noise fans from SPCR.

hey maybe you could do something like in strats and just splice the fan through to a variable speed, universal unit. you dont need the plugs, just test it out to make sure polarity is right (your fan is blowing in the container not out (if it is even possible)).

Back
Top Bottom