Undercurrent DWC

Wingman420

Commercial Cultivator
I want to ask and encourage anyone who may be using the Undercurrent grow system to post any and all thoughts and information on this thread.

This system is The Cadillac of DWC :adore::adore::adore:

I have seen tremendous growth with harvests of 2lbs per plant every 60 days using this system.

Is there anybody at 420Mag using this?

I was curious so i did a search and found a good pic of the Undercurrent System.
My first reaction was holy ----!
This system looks like the builders had mj on their mind when they designed it.
Everything looks big & sturdy. Reminds me of the EuroGrower but with DWC.
Definately an advancement from the storage tub type dwc.

undercurrent_8_LRG.jpg

Brother please feel free to post here with links to your journal. The setups I have seen were beautiful.:adore::adore:
This is The Cadillac of DWC and changed my mind completely about DWC because it is not a standard system.

IMG_006910.jpg

IMG_012313.jpg

Brother please feel free to post here with links to your journal. The setups I have seen were beautiful.:adore::adore:
This is The Cadillac of DWC and changed my mind completely about DWC because it is not a standard system.

IMG_006910.jpg

IMG_012313.jpg

OH MY! :bravo:

When I first read this thread this morning I googled the subject, came up with some stock photos and thought..."very crowded, but the theory makes a ton of sense"

Now I see these photos of custom set ups with correct spacing, wow!

So in reading about this, it seems the opinion is ebb and flow is still better than this? Is that correct? Maybe it depends on the scale of the grow?

I currently grow rockwool ebb and flow and after seeing this Undercurrent System I am impressed. This is Recirculating DWC (like Ebb/Flow) but a negative pressure recirculating deep water culture system NOT standard bucket type DWC. Therein as they say, lies the difference.
Hands down this is an immpressive system, custom built with all the bells and whistles, capable of putting even the most liberal state, or county MMJ limits to the test. We await 420Mag grow journals to herald the New Order of DWC. After all this is NOT your mother's DWC it really packs a punch, complete with "heavy harvest lids" for all buckets.

As for the scale of the grow the system is available in 4 bucket sets and can knock your grow op to the next level in short order.

Hi Yarddog, the general opinion of the recirc dwc is that it does not work, or does not produce what another method may. I have been growing for a long time and I have tested many different grow methods over the years. I have found that most of the failures and bad results are from people that build something that looks like another DWC system, but the dynamics of the system are never dialed in correctly. The first time I grew in a system like this was in NL 20 years ago, since then I have always had an interest in innovating a recirc system that was able to perform like their bigger brothers in the massive dutch greenhouses.

Anyway the long and short of it is the system DOES work if it is set up correctly and dialed in with a strain that responds well to DWC, I would not choose this type of system to grow heirloom sativa, that is why we have the sun and soil. I have built many custom systems for patients, dispensaries, coffee shops and commercial interests. By far my favorite system is the recirc DWC, ease of install, easy hands off operation, easy to dial in, modular expansion (just add buckets) and the least customer complaints. I tend to lean towards purchasing from cch2o.com they have perfected the art of recirc dwc. After meeting the owner of the company, I was very happy to put my name behind their systems and innovations. Dan uses only the mercedes benz of parts to build his systems, you would be hard pressed to find a more complete system than his XXL13 with 40" centers. I will be sure to keep checking on this thread as I write up my journal.

There is also an article in this months Rosebud magazine (Advanced nutes free rag) on the benefits of undercurrent recirc dwc, it features the undercurrent xl system, I will read it and report if anything of interest.

.... The first time I grew in a system like this was in NL 20 years ago, since then I have always had an interest in innovating a recirc system that was able to perform like their bigger brothers in the massive dutch greenhouses.

... I tend to lean towards purchasing from cch2o.com they have perfected the art of recirc dwc. After meeting the owner of the company, I was very happy to put my name behind their systems and innovations. Dan uses only the mercedes benz of parts to build his systems, you would be hard pressed to find a more complete system than his XXL13 with 40" centers. I will be sure to keep checking on this thread as I write up my journal...

Thanks I am thoroughly impressed with this system and it is on my X-mas wish list!

+Rep

Hey Wingman!
A local hydro shop here is gonna do a demo grow with an UnderCurrent system under a plasma light!!!
They're building it now so there's nothing growing yet but I cant believe how beefy the UC system is up close.
I'm guessing they'll grow 'maters or peppers for the demo since that's what they usually grow in the demos.
If you want i can ask them if i can shoot a few pics of the set up once it gets going.
The plasma light is something cool too. That thing is bright like a welders spark!

Hey Fellas!! Sorry to jump off topic w/ the plasma but here's a bit of info on the grow i'll be watching....
This is a stock photo of the plasma light that will be used with the UC at the grow shop.
I'm not sure of the specs or anything but you can find all the info on it and two other plasma lights this company makes online.
Do a Google search of Chameleon Grow Systems and it will pop up.
They also have a plasma + led w/ a $6300 price tag!!:thedoubletake:

I put my hand under the light at the shop and these things run super hot!! The light is so bright you cant even really look at it. It's like looking into the Sun or an welders spark.

solar-genesis-1-view2.jpg

solar-genesis-1-view11.jpg

Got to love those set ups. Years ago there was a grower named Krusty who grew trees in bubblers (DWC). He used a lucas formula for nutrients and had such great results that he would end up with 8 foot tall plants that were 5 feet wide and we are talking 5 to 6 years ago with the old ballasts and light set ups and home made dwc systems.

Wow, I have 5 DWC with 8" netpot lids in 5 gallon buckets with drip collars. You can build a DWC multi site system with 2 air lines going to each plant for a hell of a lot less than what these guys are selling this system for. Not only that it is easy as hell to do. Why anyone would pay that much for a DWC makes no sense to me. It's like the concept of bottled water. Selling something built with off the shelf materials you could build a similar system for probably half that price at least and you really do not need recicrculating in DWC anyway and changing with netpot lids is so much easier because you can mix up nutes in 1 bucket and just put the plant in the new clean bucket. That's what I do and it is the easiest setup I know if you want to grow hydro for cheap.

Back
Top Bottom