DWC grow 2 week plant turning yellow

okcdwc

hey guys first time grower here. my girlfriend told me to get on here and ask for advise as for what im doing wrong or what im not doing. heres my setup.
250 watt hps/ ballast
5 gal bucket DWC grow with air pump rated for 10-50 gal tank

growing Auto Flowering Ak47 x Lowryder feminized,

Normal water PPM here is 250-270 i added fox farms nutes and now its sitting in 420 PPM

i also lowered the light from 100% to 50% when i added the nutes into the water. pleas help me on why my plants turning yellow :/

The 250 watt hps light is 26 inches above from the rockwool cube

Hey, just throwing a suggestion out there, but is it possible you're feeding her too much? She's still young, from what I've read and understood, you want to let her go until she had a few node spacings. Also, any roots drop yet? Just trying to help! Hope it does.

Hmmmm ph problem is unlikely since there arent roots yet. (Or are there?)

Rockwool looks pretty wet. Let it dry out for a while (a day) before hand watering it. Too much water right now is bad.

Also sharksline is right, those babies dont need food yet. However 420ppm is low enough it shouldn't be stunting her.

Keep us updated!

So question SnaFu, if the roots were to uptake nutes at that amount ppm, and with everything else in check (that assumed) the seedling at that age would grow normally with no potential threat? Thanks, JC and also for others.

Hey guys I didnt know I got answers. Well the ppm is around 370 right now and light is at 75% and last night I started the timer back for 20 on 4 off, posting a pic now.

Plants that small in my R.D.W.C I only use 1/4 of what it says to use. At that age they can live very well off of very small amount of nutes. It looks to me they are locking up. I would flush and only add a 1/4 nutes. The other thing is I have not seen you say what PH your water is. Very important in D.W.C. Now another thing I see is a lot of fluid on the leafs. That will make them burn with the lights you are using. How I have all mine at that age is I put clay pellets with rapid rooters half inch below top of pot and run a drip until roots drop low enough to stop using drip. Water temp is also important. I dont know if what I have talked about helped but I will keep watching what you post.

I dont have a PH meter for water I have one for soil but I am new to DWC, I have a TDS meter though, I will get a PH meter asap.
so you suggest I just dump the water right now and just refill it will normal water (250-270ppm) and I also read dripping? I added water on top of the leafs thinking thats what it was lol... im terribly new at this and im trying to research as much as I can I thought I was ready and I appreciate all help given thanks very much. Water temp is now sitting about 63

This is just now. as you can see it expanded out more. i dont know if its growing or if its just leaning over to die but i just want the yellow gone :/

Alrighty well I will say this. That showed up on those 2 leafs before I added nutes. Someone told me it was turning yellow because it was starting to starve :/ so even my own well water has to much nutes

IMO, and anyone correct if they feel i'm wrong or needs to be changed but... change water try and get a water filter or distilled like i think was mentioned by someone above earlier, -no nutes or 1/4 depending if you can only use the tap water you have that's already around 250-270, flush it, let it dry. That's what I would do, also get a pH meter so you can understand if the roots are taking up anything at all. Hope that helps or puts an idea out there.

There is nothing anyone can do for you u til you know the ph of your water. It is prob the most important thing when it comes to hydro. Just from what you said and the ppm of your well water. I would say your ph is to high because your water is hard water. You get nutrient lock out when your ph is to high or to low. Your plant doesn't stand a chance until you get the ph where it needs to be.

Hey sharksline Just wanted to answer your question, seedlings can usually handle upwards of 500 ppm but it's all wasted until the roots are large enough to need them. Any more ppm in my experience stunts them. Any less and there's no change. Soooo might as well save some money and not put nutes in until they're needed, see?

Okcdwc, im still thinkin ph and water temps are your problems. Should be easy to rectify.

Good luck!

hey guys! got a PH meter and found out my PH was close to 9 =O!!!!!!!! so my tap water will not work. picked up 4 gals of distilled water at walmart. PPM of 0 and PH of 5.2, added nutes and now its at a 330 PPM and PH of 5.5

it is a closet grow so no air going in or out, but i have a fan on it and its very cool,no build up of hot air.
all these changes and heres the baby!

Back
Top Bottom