Introducing Benes to my DWC for the first time

Kal1424

When, how and with what should I do it.

Currently, I am on my first DWC grow. My plants were set to flowering on Tuesday 1/27. The only thing I have added to my rez has been Sensi bloom and now Sensi grow, B-52 and voodoo juice.

Added the Voodoo Juice in the beginning of the veg cycle and added some Tuesday for the beginning of the flower cycle.

Now I dont know if I should introduce bennies or not. Should I let it roll till I have an issue or is it better to be pro-active and add them now so I dont have any problems.

And if I add bennies, what kinds of bennies I need?

I don't think there is an answer to your question. I would start first by clarifying a few things.

The short answer is you already added them, that is what Voodoo juice is. In general follow the directions on the bottle. It is also good to add Fungi. Multiple brands for that and most people use Great white shark, I use a different brand that supposedly has more diversity in the mix of strains. Do a little research on key words Bacillius, Mykos, Mycrorrhizal, Glomus on the google... :) (there are many more)

Long answer:

Bennies is short for beneficial bacteria. However many use it in terms to describe all things not fertilizer that you may add to help out. There are a lot of things you can add that are not fertilizer that aid in many various ways. I wont be able to list them all as I don't know everything. But the short answer is it is up to you to decide how you want to grow your system.

There are fundamentally 2 schools of thought on this. Some people choose to try and fight the good fight to keep things always sterile and not allow anything to grow at all. Some people try to use more natural means using beneficial bacteria to fight off algae and other stuff. Both have their merit and you really must choose one or the other. It makes no sense to run a water chiller and high levels of H2O2 and then add in bacteria to help, that is just wasting a ton of money.

So assuming you want to run a "living tea" (as they say) you have many options. This will not be something that you can "nail down" in one run as some of this is strain dependent for optimal performance and much of it is effected by many environmental factors. Also some things are better for Veg and some for Bloom and some for both. It would be best for you to read up on the particular things I list below then find the right product for you that has what you want.

Bacteria: There are many kinds and numerous products too many to list. Most are a bountiful mix of bacteria and Mykos and Bacillius (advanced nutrients separates them so you have to buy 2 bottles...they do that with a lot of things). Voodoo Juice is exactly that, beneficial bacteria, I believe 5 strains but no Bacillius, they sell that separate as Tarantula. More advanced growers make there own as it is real cheap to do if you have the time. Look up Heisenberg tea or compost tea if you want to make your own. Bacteria wont last long in a light sealed res so to be active needs to be added probably weekly. It is not necessary to keep it active all the time but once in a while to clean things up is good.

Fungus: Again multiple brands for this. Again there are a few types as well. Primarily the type of fungus used is Mycrorrhizal which lives in the roots and creates a symbiotic relationship. The fungus eats both hoards and deliver nitrogen to the roots in an easily accessible way for the plant as the fungi are living in the roots themselves. I am not sure about if it breeds in the roots though. Maybe new growth needs new fungi so through out veg you may need to add? Another thing it does is takes sugars generated from the leaves and promots Mycelium growth. That creates much higher absorption capacity for water and nutrients in general. There are more benefits go read about them on wiki.

Fulvic Acid: Fulvic acid aids in nutrient uptake. Good for all phases and is highly recommended during bloom. As far as I know there is really only one brand that has real fulvic acid out there made by a company in Oregon. Many companies claim fulvic but it is Humic or a form of fulvic that is not processed correctly.

Vitamin B: You are using B-52 which is a great mix of stuff. There is multiple brands out there and all of them are shrouded in mystery as to what is actually happening. Vitamin B by itself does not help. It essentially helps root growth if it is mixed with the correct supplements. Many researchers say it is not true. Many growers will tell you it works.

There is a lot more to know... Including enzymes. There is a lot to know about those...just about any bottle that ends with zyme like Sensisyme is enzymes.

Thanks for the informative post VilageIdiot , I love to learn new things you just taught me a lot , I will investigate further as I will be starting a HP aeroponics with a chiller soon using high levels of O2

I will stay clear of the tea if anyone suggests it to me.

I will be using one cooler to keep nutrients in and a second one to mist the plants in, mainly because I will be able to keep tabs on the temperature , tds levels and to mix up a new batch of nutrients without messing with the plant tank every time.
I will be using a 2 ft. marine igloo cooler to keep the nutrients in and a second 3 ft. marine igloo cooler to mist the plants in , to put my coolers to good use.

I deduced since I am going to chill the water then using Coolers will be the best containers to use for both tanks.

I would add this is a bit of a religious debate. I was at one of my local hydro stores where this guy wants me to buy a chiller and run sterile. He tells me most of these products don't matter and are BS. Another store this guy whom I trust a lot more explains a lot of this to me and he runs a natural living tea.

I started running a living eco system and I never have to adjust the pH. I check it all the time. I have constant PPM and stable pH. My water level goes down, I brew up a new batch and top off. The only thing else I have to do is tuck fan leaves and train taller branches and talk to the girls.

Trying to keep it sterile is an impossible task to begin with. You can only get it mostly sterile. Just seems like a headache to me. I mean you still must be sterile and everything you do must be sterile...but a hydro system will go live faster than you think no matter what you do.

And also even running sterile I think Fungus in the roots and Fulvic Acid both will still work and aid in results (I may be wrong). I think just the bacteria is killed by the H2O2 and chiller.

I don't think there is an answer to your question. I would start first by clarifying a few things.

The short answer is you already added them, that is what Voodoo juice is. In general follow the directions on the bottle. It is also good to add Fungi. Multiple brands for that and most people use Great white shark, I use a different brand that supposedly has more diversity in the mix of strains. Do a little research on key words Bacillius, Mykos, Mycrorrhizal, Glomus on the google... :) (there are many more)

Long answer:

Bennies is short for beneficial bacteria. However many use it in terms to describe all things not fertilizer that you may add to help out. There are a lot of things you can add that are not fertilizer that aid in many various ways. I wont be able to list them all as I don't know everything. But the short answer is it is up to you to decide how you want to grow your system.

There are fundamentally 2 schools of thought on this. Some people choose to try and fight the good fight to keep things always sterile and not allow anything to grow at all. Some people try to use more natural means using beneficial bacteria to fight off algae and other stuff. Both have their merit and you really must choose one or the other. It makes no sense to run a water chiller and high levels of H2O2 and then add in bacteria to help, that is just wasting a ton of money.

So assuming you want to run a "living tea" (as they say) you have many options. This will not be something that you can "nail down" in one run as some of this is strain dependent for optimal performance and much of it is effected by many environmental factors. Also some things are better for Veg and some for Bloom and some for both. It would be best for you to read up on the particular things I list below then find the right product for you that has what you want.

Bacteria: There are many kinds and numerous products too many to list. Most are a bountiful mix of bacteria and Mykos and Bacillius (advanced nutrients separates them so you have to buy 2 bottles...they do that with a lot of things). Voodoo Juice is exactly that, beneficial bacteria, I believe 5 strains but no Bacillius, they sell that separate as Tarantula. More advanced growers make there own as it is real cheap to do if you have the time. Look up Heisenberg tea or compost tea if you want to make your own. Bacteria wont last long in a light sealed res so to be active needs to be added probably weekly. It is not necessary to keep it active all the time but once in a while to clean things up is good.

Fungus: Again multiple brands for this. Again there are a few types as well. Primarily the type of fungus used is Mycrorrhizal which lives in the roots and creates a symbiotic relationship. The fungus eats both hoards and deliver nitrogen to the roots in an easily accessible way for the plant as the fungi are living in the roots themselves. I am not sure about if it breeds in the roots though. Maybe new growth needs new fungi so through out veg you may need to add? Another thing it does is takes sugars generated from the leaves and promots Mycelium growth. That creates much higher absorption capacity for water and nutrients in general. There are more benefits go read about them on wiki.

Fulvic Acid: Fulvic acid aids in nutrient uptake. Good for all phases and is highly recommended during bloom. As far as I know there is really only one brand that has real fulvic acid out there made by a company in Oregon. Many companies claim fulvic but it is Humic or a form of fulvic that is not processed correctly.

Vitamin B: You are using B-52 which is a great mix of stuff. There is multiple brands out there and all of them are shrouded in mystery as to what is actually happening. Vitamin B by itself does not help. It essentially helps root growth if it is mixed with the correct supplements. Many researchers say it is not true. Many growers will tell you it works.

There is a lot more to know... Including enzymes. There is a lot to know about those...just about any bottle that ends with zyme like Sensisyme is enzymes.

wow, great info VI. thank you for taking the time to type all this up. I read every word and will research as much as I can. Even though I was a biology major in collage, some of this stuff leaves me woozy and confused with the info out there today. lol

I would add this is a bit of a religious debate. I was at one of my local hydro stores where this guy wants me to buy a chiller and run sterile. He tells me most of these products don't matter and are BS. Another store this guy whom I trust a lot more explains a lot of this to me and he runs a natural living tea.

I started running a living eco system and I never have to adjust the pH. I check it all the time. I have constant PPM and stable pH. My water level goes down, I brew up a new batch and top off. The only thing else I have to do is tuck fan leaves and train taller branches and talk to the girls.

Trying to keep it sterile is an impossible task to begin with. You can only get it mostly sterile. Just seems like a headache to me. I mean you still must be sterile and everything you do must be sterile...but a hydro system will go live faster than you think no matter what you do.

Can you give me details on your live eco system? Is it a DWC? do you have a separate reservoir? What kind of nutes and bennies do you use? Brew your own tea? I need to get my system to be somewhat maintenace free as I will be traveling alot for work and really need to make sure my babies are on cruise for 4-5 days at a time. So any help with that would be much appreciated.

I was thinking that Voodoo juice was bennies, but wasn't sure. I also bought ORCA. but I am reluctant to use it as I dont really know help it would do.

I use all of the stuff mentioned above and some more. Look up the key words and you should find multiple products out there. I try not to promote one product over another.

Since you asked me in another thread again to list my mix I will list it here but to be clear it is by no means the right mix. It is what I have done in my setup in my environment on my current experimental run. There are lots of journals on here that give these details too.

The short answer: Bacillius (Voodo Juice), Fungi (Humbolt Nutrients White Widow), Plus my mix of base nutrients and additives (you can use AN pH perfect sensi grow and sensi bloom).

It is more about how you add this stuff and how you maintain your res then the brand itself. If you go down this path remember it is a living eco system.

The long answer...

To be clear all of these expensive products are great for the most part,... when used correctly. I just have been trying to find ways around them and still get great results. I did so for years in soil before any of these products existed. I am trying to see what I can get away with in hydro. I have a buddy who does very little and gets superior results that has inspired me. But for the most part if you follow the recommendations and know what to look for you should get good results using any family of products as recommended, and changing out the res regularly. Specifically if you go onto Advanced Nutrients web site they will list off for you a complete week by week additive mix that includes everything we talk about here. My issue is Advanced Nutrients is expensive and they separate everything so you have to buy many bottles. Take a look and the Mills product line I posted for you. They have a single A and B used throughout both Veg and Bloom and combine all of the stuff AN puts in separate bottles into 3 bottles of additives used one at a time to achieve the different requirements throughout. That is about as simple as it gets. According to the grow shop I trust the most everyone is switching to that around here away from AN.

I would add I live about 10 min from 3 different indoor hydro stores depending which direction I drive. When I do my research online and decide I want to try something I go to them and ask them what products they would use instead of product X and get a feel for what they would do. The guy I trust the most always pulls the bottles off the shelf and shows me why buying this one is the same as that one but cheaper. I always ask if they use it and if not why and what they do instead. And lastly I will add, at the store that pushes Advanced Nutrients the most, all of the employees are growing in soil.

First off I am a firm believer that you don't need expensive nutes in Veg. It doesn't hurt but if you are just growing for yourself you can save a ton of money and probably not add much in grow time if at all by using the stuff I recommend in this thread.
Just upped my DWC Hydro Grow - used too big of buckets

As mentioned in that thread I have very clean tap water so I had to add a bit of cal mag to the mix after a few weeks. The brand I used stained my roots instantly but until I used that I had pearly white roots. I also had nearly no cal mag deficiency, as in the product works well. I am observant and checking closely daily and noticed just the very smallest beginnings of a sign and dealt with it before it became a problem. I only say that because you may not need to add cal mag especially if you are dumping your res once a week.

I also add Mad Farmers Silica which should be added to any program because silica is not a fertilizer and is not commonly in the base nutrients. It is not a beneficial bacteria but it is highly recommended as it adds the necessary minerals for strong cell walls, so stronger stems that can support larger buds. Many people make a potash / silica, mix I just went with Mad Farmers as it was recommended to me. Advanced Nutrients calls it Rhino skin. Botanicare calls it Silica Blast.

So I googled all of the keywords I left above for you and here is what I found.

Bacillius : Actually I have a story for this one. When I researched it I wanted Botanicare Hydroguard. Then I found out they changed the bacteria and are shipping it as Aquashield. So I go to the store and look for it and come to find out in my state only it is banded for a labeling issue and all of the product they had was on shelves in the back. They couldn't sell it to me. Damn Hippies and their organic labeling requirements. Anyway that is when I picked up Voodoo Juice as that is similar and I believe has the Bacillius. General Hydroponics sells some as well as Earth Juice. Basically everyone has a Bacillius bacteria and that is probably the most popular one people are talking about. I probably will switch to GH after the Voodo Juice is done as I think it has a better spectrum of organisms and I think may be cheaper.

Fungi: This is kind of more complicated as there are tons of strains and the groupings are a little technical. What to look for is Micorrizial and within those are the various Glomus strains. Most people use Great White. Great white also has some Bacillius in it so you get that you might be able to skip the Voodoo Juice. If you go to their web site you can see the label and it has all that and more.
Great White
More isn't always better. Humbolt Nutrients makes a Glomus only called White Widow that has no Bacillius that works great if you would rather control independent dosing. How you use it is more important.

For these fungi it is best not to just add to the res, especially if you have a colder res. The spores may not activate and stay dormant and you just flushed money. It is best to introduce it to water at 80 degrees and let it come out of hibernation and start eating. I take a 1/2 gallon Pyrex measuring cup and take a 1/2 gallon out of my res. This goes over my gas stove on the lowest setting and in a few minutes it is 80 degrees (DON'T MICROWAVE). Then I add the fungi and stir until it is decently absorbed...this can be difficult. It starts bubbling almost immediately like fermenting wine. Let it sit for a bit to fully activate then you can put it in the res. Don't freak out when the next thing you see in your res is a light scum on top because it does that when it is highly active. It can look like your res is fermenting.

Again all of that stuff is very expensive and you can make your own for rather cheap. I have bookmarks on this that I can't post here but search for it and on another forum there is a great recipe for Heisenberg tea.

VI, Thank you soooo much for all the advice. You have really educated me quite a bit and give me lots of things to look at. I will do some research and settle on a couple of things and experiment with them. I hope that it turns out well and I am harvesting some good buds.

couple of questions: 1) do you use Silica through out the Veg and Bloom stage?
2) bennies work well in reservoirs temps that are between 68-77 degrees? My Rez temp usually does not go above 77 and sinks to 68ish when the lights go off, as I use a large rez and that keeps it from getting too warm I guess.

I use silica through most of bloom. I don't think the plant can take on too much. it is not a fertilizer. It is used for cell walls. I think it is fine to use the whole time as long as you do the 1 week flush but like most things it is a waste to use it when the plant is slowing down and ending its life cycle. ALSO NOTE: Most silica treatments will raise your pH. I have read multiple people who will use it instead of pH up to raise pH. I don't think you can add too much but it is not cheap.

My res doesn't go above about 70ish maybe 72 tops but usually I never see it that high. Below 68 and you definitely are hampering the bennies so they are just wasted money. Above I think about 77 and other things are likely to grow faster than your bennies causing trouble. Mine stays between 68 and 70 and things work great. I wouldn't like it to go over 75 myself. Most people like to keep it below 70 and especially those who run sterile keep it real cool. The easy thing to do is to add frozen water bottles to the tank (save money on nutes too)...but those melt fast and you would have to change those out a few times a day. One thing that helps is keep the air pump in a cool place not under the light. Pumping cool air into the air stones is way better than hot air. I run long lines and keep mine outside the grow space.

I forgot to add a few more nutes I add for fun.

I like to add seaweed and kelp nutes. Anyone who has grown enough plants will tell you that seaweed additives are like magic. There is a brand at home depot or walmart called Alaska fish fertilizer that is great stuff and fairly cheap. I also heard that using Botanicare Seaplex during transition aids in speeding up the transition and increasing nodal density. I also add mad farmers Moab during transition and near the end of bloom as it states on the container. You could use AN Big Bud but it is more expensive for the same thing as Moab. Last time I was able to sex my plants in 3 days. So if you start 1 week before you change your lights and add both Seaplex and Moab then when you make the change it happens faster as the necessary nutes are already in the plant and available. This should also help reduce stretch.

Now to prevent nute burn I never use the nutes in full concentration except when topping off. You can always add nutes but you can't unburn a plant. On a full res change I will use half concentration for the A-B base and 1/2 - 1/4 for additional fertilizers like Alaska fish fertilizer or Seaplex or Moab(1/8). So by running half the ferts but using 2 types I am close to the top end. I will run additives and bennies (things that don't cause burn) at 1/2 to full strength. But then after I do my full res change I just top off for a while and for that I will add full strength A-B because it is getting diluted into the res anyway. I top off 5 gallons at a time and I have a 37 gallon tote I run between ~20-30 gallons. Bacteria about once every 2 weeks and Fungi depends on the root growth. I think the container states like twice in veg and once in bloom basically. I would wait in veg till the roots hit the res then add some fungi (again pour through the media not into the res) and after the root mass grow half way do it again and then do it at the res change when you go into bloom. Some people add it constantly all the time because they are using that combo stuff. I am trying to find out how little I can get away with and still have good results.

Hey and lastly think of it as a hobby and a constant learning experience. We all want every run to be like a pro. That is also a foolish thing to expect. Just understand that it is easy to grow this stuff so don't worry and have fun. Try experiments because that will give you a better understanding. You can fix almost anything you do wrong, even most types of over fertilization, if you are paying attention and know what to look for. So as long as you are paying attention the worst thing is you shock them or do something that takes a few days to correct and your total grow time is extended. Actually the worst thing is you get some sort of insect infestation that destroys your crop before you can get rid of them and they infest the grow space so your next run fails too. So always be sterile and keep things clean. But other then that, have fun with it and don't worry just pay attention. After a few runs you will get a handle on it and be able to hit cruise control.

I forgot one last thing. Sugars for bloom. Not really necessary but good idea for optimal results. There are multiple things that the plant generates sugars for including the buds. By adding sugars directly the plant can utilize some and make some and not be slowed down by just the amount it can make. There are many products for this. Advanced Nutrients calls it Bud Candy. I use Cutting Edge Solutions Sugaree. And just during bloom. Again if you know what the Advanced Nutrient product is the same as the product you want to use you can look up their feed chart weekly schedule to know when to add it even if it is a different brand. But usually all of them have instructions on the bottle.

Again VI, great info. I took copious notes on this and I will experiment and develop my own mix for my enviornment.

you think of anything more, don't be shy about adding it. :) I will continue to check this forum.. Its awesome here.

VI, I came up with a list of what AN recommends in a soup...

Can you help me come up with an alternate brand or cheaper solution please? I have incorporated a lot of your advice here already...

AN ProductsAlternate Brand/Cheaper Substitute
Voodoo JuiceGeneral Hydroponics Earth Juice.
Big Budmad farmers Moab and Botanicare Seaplex?
B-52Sea Kelp? Fulvic acid and Humic Acid?
Nirvana
Overdrive
Flawless Finish
PiranhaFungi - Humbolt and Great White or ZHO Root Inoculant
Bud CandyCutting Edge Solutions Sugaree
Tarantula
Sensizym
Bud Ignitor
Rhino Skinpro-tekt???
Bud Factor X
Sensi Bloom A/BMills and also Elanor's VF 11 during Veg

I also dont know where silica fits in with any of these supplements. What about Botanicare Hydroguard? Is that the same as Voodooo juice?

LOL... Some of that is wrong, some right...i will try and redo the list. Many will tell you don't use some of this until or unless you need to. Also Mills product is cheaper but the blooming additive is quite expensive. What is great about Mills is it is the easiest family of products to use as you only need 3 bottles at any time including your A and B. However again that is assuming you are not adding in fungus or bacteria. Mills is just a nutrient line. With AN as you have shown there are 10(+4 bennies) bottles instead of 5 with mills.

Also a cheaper bottle may not be cheaper, it depends on the concentration you need to use. But in general AN is the most expensive for everything...and many believe you get what you pay for. Most people are happy with any brand. More important is to know what to look for and keep things happy and use a big light.

And this is not a complete list of alternatives just the most commonly used (I think).

AN Product..........................Alternate Brand/Cheaper Substitute

Base ingredients... Everyone makes these. Veg is not so important as Bloom for fancy stuff. Elanor's VF11 works great in Veg. I have not tried it in bloom as I don't want to risk it but with the right additives it probably saves you money there too and gets great results. It claims to be good for both. Most people use either General Hydroponics or Advanced Nutrients. When I get my next room built I will do a single plant on the side and bloom it in VF11 to see and I will let you know but that wont be for months.
Sensi Grow A.......................Elanor's VF11
Sensi Grow B.......................Elanor's VF11
Sensi Bloom A......................Mills base A , GH they have 3 product lines I know nothing about but my friend uses with great results one of them
Sensi Bloom B......................Mills base B , GH
If using Mills add the correct additive for transition and then bloom.

Piranha (Fungi) .......................... GH Sub Culture M, Humbolt White Widow, Botanicare ZHO, Great White
Voodoo Juice (bacteria) ............. GH Sub Culture B, Botanicare Hydro Guard, Great White
Tarantula & Pirahnna ....... More bacteria. Piranha helps prevent root rot.

There are probably millions of beneficial bacteria and maybe thousands are understood and probably a few hundred get packaged. AN only recommends Tarantula for 2 weeks, at the same time as the second dose of Voodoo juice. So one bottle goes a long ways. Bacteria go bad so don't get too much. I asked around and multiple shops are telling me that Advanced nutrients has the best total option.

Big Bud.................. Mad Farmers Moab
B-52 ..................... Mad Farmers Be One is supposedly better. There are others but not everyone makes this as it is not proven to help, it is expensive so try a side by side test if you can. Again researchers say it doesn't help but growers swear by it. The combination of other stuff matters a lot.

Nirvana.................. This is a pile of things that I don't think there is a direct copy of. I would experiment to see if it helps but it is only a few weeks of bloom so maybe worth the cost. I was told not to waste money on it by a few people. I bet you have to do a lot of things correct for this to matter. The short of it is it supposedly aids in uptake which should not be a problem if you have good roots and temps. The first thing they talk about being in there is Alfalfa which is a well known great thing to add. There are very cheap ways of adding alfalfa which I will explain later! I think for a beginner don't bother until you know what you are doing then maybe give it a try to see if you notice a difference.

Overdrive ............... Not sure if there is an equivalent. I think it does 2 things. Botanicare Clearex claims to be similar to part of it. I read a lot about OD working great. It is only used 2 weeks so why not if so many people say it works. It does both help in uptake of nutrients and has stuff needed for the blloom not in the base nutes but also supposedly it try's to get the plant to use up stored sugars to push all the last stored up nutes into the buds. Expect your last leafs to yellow then. At end of budding fan leafs start to go south anyway.

Flawless Finish ............ GH FloraKleen, Botanicare Clearex (My preference)
Bud Candy ................... Cutting Edge Solutions Sugaree, GH Flora Nectar, Botanicare Sweet...everyone makes a sugar. many people make their own with molasses and some other techniques.

Sensizym ........ There are too many enzymes and enzymatic products to list. Ask about them at the hydro store. Hygrozyme is great as it turns dead roots back into available sugars for the plant to reuse.

Bud Ignitor ..... Lots of bad reviews for this product. Don't get it. Instead use Botanicare Seaplex and Mad Farmers MOAB the week before changing the lights and into the first 1-2 weeks of flower. I did so and was able to sex in just a few days. My buds came on immediately.

Rhino Skin .......... everyone makes a silica / potash additive because it is crucial. I use Mad Farmers Silica, GH Armor Si, Botanicare Silica Blast

Bud Factor X (chitosan).... Tricks the plant into thinking it has an insect infestation. Again positive stress. University studies in Chitosan show about 33% yield increase. The forest service uses this. It is the real deal. This is another one that everyone makes something but it is about how they make it and the ingredients. It primarily comes from crustacean shells. I will update this with a good list after hitting the hydro store.

i just got back from the store and he gave me a pile of stuff to brew my own chitosan / alfalfa combo tea I think I can get 10 x the amount for 1/3rd the price doing it this way. Bud factor X is real expensive stuff. I will add a post on brewing this tea later after I have done it.

We forgot to add Cal Mag. AN sensi grow and Bloom have it already included. Depending on your water you may have to add it. Everyone makes a cal mag additive even AN. I use General Organics cal mag as it was recommended to me.

This grow I have been using advanced nutrients , many of their 15 products , but not all , are designed to be used with other manufacturers base nutrients that they claim are lacking in it.

I think the different lines of base nutrients of AN will have varying amounts of product in it , the connoisseur line probably has it all , well within reason as some cannot be used all the way threw.

I am using the basic Grow bloom and have got the Nirvana , I will pick up some Bud factor X when I get into flower mode its nice to hear its useful ,30% is quite the claim , I will be pleased to see 15% or 10% stuff is expensive $75 per liter ouch.. It will last me years so I'll pay it and hope it pays me back with larger yields.

Thanks you for compiling the list , its good to know and will make price shopping easier.

Back
Top Bottom