is this root rot

madmarv0525

20150319_150830.jpg

so when i went to check my res today i noticed something that looked like dirt a couple pieces of the roots i am thinking that this may be due to flushing the medium with h2o and white widow but i am now concerned about root rot even though i have been keeping the temp in my res at around 65F will try to post pics soon also is it possible for my light to burn through my leaves after a foliar feeding

Do your roots smell bad?
Should smell like fresh salad

No they don't really have much of a scent at all

Really look fine,I assume the slight discoloration is due to nutes,
If they don't smell rotten then I'd say you are ok

Although looking again there is a kinda line in your roots that look suspect

Those roots look a lot better than mine, I am sad to report. Mine are brown. But I don't have a chiller. My ambients peak to 80 deg. F.

But it looks like the start of something. I would do nothing but watch and look for a progression in either direction. If you react too early, you may over correct and have a whole new set of problems. It may ... clear itself up. Your leaves will let you know. Oh yeah. You burned them from foliar feeding ... bummer.
Well, ask yourself: Did make any other changes?

Just my tip:
Make one change at a time and observe - to eliminate variables.

The roots out of the water will be a little darker than the ones in. If you are running Cal-Mag they will be alot darker.I would suggest getting some Kanga Roots. Keeps the roots healthy n happy. As long as there is no slime you will be good.

I added some hydroguard just in case and will be using it throughout the remainder of my grow the brown didn't spread at all and from what I hear root rot goes pretty fast The guy at the hydro store said that it was probably just dirt or something like that

Back
Top Bottom