Are These Buds Going To Be Good To Smoke

clarkenthydro

I am 1st time grower using dwc .. 4 plants in 2 reservoirs using general hydroponics nutrient line and hydrogaurd for the roots and using RO water. 250w mh for veg and 250w hps for bloom. 1 reservoir the plants look great, bushy, big colas no signs of problems, but the other reservoir 1 of the plants is stretchy with horrible spots .. maybe Ca or Mg? I struggled with ph spikes until I got a ph pen but that wasn't until a couple weeks ago and my plants are 76 days old from seed and also didn't use calmag unless I was feeding and after I read a little bit I started using it EVERY feeding and watering about the same time I got pen. I am noticing that pistols on it are already turning amber and buds look way further along than all other plants .. just curious if the buds are gonna be ok or is the deficiency goin to ruin them?

and the other plant in the same res has no spots but growth is weird and deformed .. leaves pointed/bent down .. what the hell is going on with these 2 plants lol?

why is the other 2 plants sooo different, buds seem to be considerably behind the fucked up plants when comparing trich/bud production

struggling to get my pictures on here for some reason going to keep trying though

P51500062.JPG
P51500072.JPG
P51500141.JPG
P51500111.JPG
P51500101.JPG
P51500131.JPG
P51500011.JPG
P51500122.JPG

They should be fine to smoke, how strong it will be is questionable. Looks like a cal-mag issue mostly. Did you keep the water full? Looks like a little nutes burn as well. Next run watch the ph, when topping off the rez always use 5ml per gallon of cal mag and keep them full of water every day to prevent nutes burn. I had the same issues as you did on my first dwc run

you dont need RO water for DWC. save your money and use regular tap water... thats all I use. Bought a 80 dollar filter from home depot and it works well... takes that strong chlorine smell away, and the starting PPMs are at 270. I use little Calmag since my tap water has plenty.

since you started your grow from seeds, your plants will all look and act different as they are genetically different. This why most growers grow seeds, mature them and then take clones off them to make sure you have all the same plants genetically to make growing easier and more uniform.

Thats what I am doing right now. I have purple kush in my flower room (5 weeks into flowering) and my next batch is going to be Northern Lights. I already have the seedling going and in a couple of weeks (once its more mature), I will clone from it and once those clones are ready, they will be going to my veg and flower rooms.

one last observation... looking at your photos, I think your lights are weak. the Buds are not dense and the bats are not full.

As your get more experience, upgrade your lights first. That is the single most important factor in growing good weed.

one last observation... looking at your photos, I think your lights are weak. the Buds are not dense and the bats are not full.

As your get more experience, upgrade your lights first. That is the single most important factor in growing good weed.

Getting a light upgrade this weekend with 2nd hood/ballast to have revolving grows
Any ideas about the deformed one? Also, would it be pointless to go ahead and use the new light for last 2 weeks of grow .. kind of a big jump I'm getting 1000w cause that's what comes with the setup. What are bats?

More light never hurts. even the last 2 weeks... make sure you have good ventilation.... light is good, heat is not.

Bats are when stalks fill up with Buds and they resemble a baseball bat. Thick up top and skinnier as it you get lower....

Nothing is more important than lights. Nutes are insignificant compared to lights. The best thing you can do to increase yield and potency is upgrade your lights.

When I was real green I had a 250W HPS. It worked and I got good enough results for me. But never great results. When I first upgraded to a 400W I instantly got professional looking product. I would never go below 400W HPS in bloom. It is just a huge waste of your time and money.

Now that said the bigger your light the bigger the vent fan. I use an over sized fan anyway on a speed controller to run it slow so it is quiet. So I could easily upgrade if I wanted. I have a 1000W ballast that can run either kind of bulb but yeah there are lots of options. It depends primarially on the space and ventilation what you can get away with. 1000W are great but they get HOT. I think the best is to run 2 600W (even better on HPS and one MH) as you can get the plants closer to the bulb without a problem and the overall "lumens" to the plant are actually much higher not just a little. At 1000W you can't let them get close at all so even though it is pumping out a lot the loss due to the distance makes it not as efficient.

Best of Luck!

Back
Top Bottom