Help with a DWC system

heisenberg19

hi so i wanna start growing in dwc.
i have expreienced until now on soil only and i wasnt happy at all with the yield.
i have zero idea on dwc system on few things.

first one is how to feed and when?
how often do i need to change the bucket water and how often do i need to give nutrients?
and what is the order of the feeding? Ph level first?

the second thing is the temp, humidity, Ph and ppm levels.
what's the ideal for each one of them?

i know its a lil dumb questions, but i hope u can help me.
i live in the middle east so its super illegal here ppl are not talking about it so if theres ppl who is taking the risk to grow they doing it quietly, no one knows.

anyway hope u can help me,
thanks.

There is no good answer. There are many ways to run DWC and it all depends on your skill level, knowledge and patients. Here is a link to a thread that is a good place to start to understand this. There are many more threads here that are good to read. All of your questions have been answered on here just read through the first 2 pages of this DWC forum.
Optimal PH and PPM from Seed/clone - Harvest?

One things people don't do is read how other people made mistakes and what was done to resolve them. Then they go post a question about something that was just asked about and answered 2 posts ago. Take some time and read through this forum. The questions are not all that important many times. The answers will give you everything you need. The titles are not very important because people don't now what they are asking about.

But again the food is the lights not the nutes. Nutes are used in a supporting capacity. So if we have the exact same setup and you are running a 400W light and I am running a 1000W light I will need more nutes.

If you run a sterile res you will have slower nute uptake so you will want less. This is a personal decision. Many people have oppinions and they are all right and wrong. You must choose for yourself if you want to run Sterile or if you want to run with beneficial bacteria. But it drasticallly changes nute uptake rates.
Introducing Benes to my DWC for the first time

If you want to make it easy on yourself you can buy expensive stuff that requires no monitoring and you dump the res weekly and follow the direction on the chemical manufacturers web sight (usually at 1/2 recommended for beginners). If you know what you are doing, I have a friend who runs Auto flowering and goes from seed to harvest in 8 weeks and never dumps his res and just tops of as he goes. I don't do that I dump at least twice in a grow but I grow normal seeds and I grow in a much bigger space and grow longer.

It also depends on what type of DWC you grow with.

All that said...Growing weed is real easy. Growing in soil is almost bullet proof assuming you grew in a decent (not even great) soil blend. If you failed at soil I am not a believer that just trying DWC is going to fix the problem. You may get better results but first try and understand why you failed in soil. Likely you had too small of a light or something like this and until you upgrade that this wont help.

Another way to think about your question.

It depends on a lot of factors. If you want to run a perpetual grow with many single bucket DWC's then it is probably best to go with a weekly res dump and something simple like Advanced Nutrients pH perfect line because you just keep a log of each bucket and feed according to the program.

If you are doing a multi-site system with a bunch of buckets connected to a single res. Then you might consider doing something a bit more easy and holistic. You would want in that case to run clones not many different seeds...Maybe you want to run different seeds?

But the answer to you question really depends on how you would like to grow. So I would make a decision about the growing method and then run something very simple your first time.

Looks like you are doing alright... Don't be discouraged by some set backs on your first grow. Hang in there...there is a lot to learn.

Once you have gained enough experience and have the process down, you don't have to empty and refresh your dwc if you go as I suggest, RDWC! I HIGHLY suggest going RDWC over dwc. You end up in much better control of nutrient mix and water temps. The two most important factors to a highly successful grow vs just an ok-avg grow, imho. It's much more expensive to start out. But the success rate is exponentially higher as well.

Check out my rdwc grows if you wish. I've explained many things in great detail.

I no longer grow, as leo put a damper on that, and it was for mom you passed last year anyways. But the info in my journals is valid.

Back
Top Bottom