Best type of lights for my Bubble Bucket DWC - First grow

Jae416ixside

Hi was wonder if anyone that had experience with the bubble bucket (dwc) grow. I'm doing 2 5gal buckets in a grow tent (size/pics) below.
- Question is what is the best type of lights for my set up?
Was thinking of 400w or 600w HPS MH w/ Cool tube Reflector but not sure any ideas/suggestions on light system or yeild w.e you wanna share would be great let's see what ya guys got.
P.S I plan on using (green crack or white widow) feminized seed from crop king seeds
ad_1455301480503.jpg
ad_1455301451013.jpg
MakeThumbImage.jpg

And can I use the same led light for veg and flower

Yes you can use the same light for both.
I would run two lights for better coverage and so they could be adjusted for two different plants if need.

Or you could just get a Mar 2 1200 for it.

Most people want to run between 30 an 50 watts psf of LED in their tents.

You could run up to four buckets in there.

I would also recommend a GH duel diaphragm pump and if you can get some z7 Water Treatment it will make things very easy for you.

That and a good 3 part nute is all it takes.

Yeah was looking up on the Z7 water treatment nothing but great reviews looks like a must grab just gonna use that and the general hydroponics Flora Series.. but think I'm gonna go with the hps/mh set up with the cool hood since I can easily exhaust the hot air due to my tent being set up right next to a window

517XGTYtLyL.jpg

just not sure if I should use the 400w or 600w system don't want it to over heat but also wanna get the most bud I can with the least amount of work and money put it

I would go with the 600 if I was going that way. Because it is dimmable. As long as heat and noise are not an issue.

Yeah was looking up on the Z7 water treatment nothing but great reviews looks like a must grab just gonna use that and the general hydroponics Flora Series.. but think I'm gonna go with the hps/mh set up with the cool hood since I can easily exhaust the hot air due to my tent being set up right next to a window

517XGTYtLyL.jpg

just not sure if I should use the 400w or 600w system don't want it to over heat but also wanna get the most bud I can with the least amount of work and money put it

There is a lighting forum where you will get more advice if you want. This forum is about DWC and the 2 really are not related. The medium doesn't change the lights you use really.

I have a 5x5 tent and run a 1000W HPS DE (super hot) on an adjustable ballast (so I can go lower the intensity early on) plus some small Mars Hydro LEDs and the heat is fine. There are many solutions and again the air temp is an easy one to solve really.

If you get into the lighting forum you can learn a lot about different lights and then you can turn around and solve the heating problem after the right lights for you have been found.

This is a great video to watch before buying and HID lighting.

I would definitely go with 600 they are the most economical light for the best quality medicine. Just be sure to get a inline fan and ducting for the air cooled hood and i like to use a controller to dial down the cfm so they aren't so loud. Only time i use inline fan at full strength is when i have a carbon filter incorporated into my light system.

Sent from my SM-J320P using 420

Back
Top Bottom