Yet another res temp question!

mellayella

Is it just as important to keep low res temps when running a beneficial res as opposed to a sterile res?
i understand that at 68F+ all sorts of nasties can start breeding in the res. But if using bennies then surly they have an optimal breeding temp too..

Do everything in your ability to avoid high res temps, AND light leaks. I have used both Hydroguard and Sensizym in 72 deg reservoirs and haven't yet had any root rot problems nor algae. Don't forget to add it back in (a diluted solution consisting of approx 1/2 concentration of weekly beginning formula) when replenishing water. In bloom my plants will drink five gallons or more a week, and I start the week with only four gallons. Nutrients and bennies can be depleted/diluted quickly if you don't add them back in during the week. I hope I didn't confuse you there, if so shoot me a pm and I'll try to go better in depth about how I replenish my buckets.

Cheers for the post, I would pm but still got newbie restriction. So do you run hydroguard and sensizym at same time? Just wondering if cannazym will be enough to keep my girl healthy. My res sits at about 70f lights on 24/7. What's your opinion on ice bottles? And so u do recommended dosages with the sensizym? Appreciate the help, can't wait to get this going haha

I have used both successfully, but have not used them together. Sorry for not being clearer. I never use the Advanced Nutrients recommended dosages, I usually dose at 50% what they say to. I have not used ice bottles so I can't offer help there. What size reservoir do you have?

13L is 3.4 gallons US or 2.9 gallons UK. Once in bloom stay on top of it. With a small res it is easy to have pH swings, water consumption, and other things derail you quickly. Once you begin your grow consider a doing journal. With it you will gain followers and advice that can be valuable if/when things go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom