Thirsty ladies

paganini

I also have 5 ladies that use about a gallon of nutrients water every two days, or maybe more. I have seen many posts exhorting to change the water every week, but I have been with the ladies for almost a month now and they are growing super fast and I have not replace any water, just keep adding with the appropriate ratio.

Is this normal? They are Dr, Krippling

I go 14 days between changes but with proper monitoring i have heard of people only doing a change at bloom switchover and for the flush.

Definitely @ flowering switch and also flush time, but I use tap water which contains clorox, check the PH, Nutes, etc, Water looks good with the shade from the nutes. Just that is sucking it like crazy.

I never change until flush anymore.

I started out changing every week.

I found I was more likely to have an issue after a full change anyways.

I run GH 3part with z7 water treatment with 9.1 tap water that has been set out.

It sure has made tending them much easier and they have never been as happy.

The z7 keeps everything clean. So there is never a need to clean anything and it also helps keep the salt from building it the plant.

I never have a need to flush anymore till the end. Even without a flush it still burns clean. But I still do flush for a few days in the end.

I have found it saves money and time to just keep a close eye on the ph and ppm and let it run down a little and add to it.(a good meter is a must) I do have to make small adjustments from time to time. By sometimes adding just ph'ed water to keep the ppm where I want it.

One other thing that I did that has made things even easier for me. Was to get a transfer pump from Amazon. The one I got takes 2 AA Batts and works great to move water from one bucket to another.

It cost less then 20 bucks (I think I paid 15) and I just love it. No more scooping or dripping. Just stick it in a bucket and flip the switch. It also makes flush easy too. No need to ever move a plant with one of those around. Just slide the lid over a little and drop it in.

I just wish I had thought of it earlier!

Back
Top Bottom