Air Stones Strange Slime - Bits In Res Water - Pics

mellayella

IMG_007068.JPG
IMG_006868.JPG

Has anyone seen this before?
Res tem 67f, lower at lights out.
nutes:formulex, rhizotonic, cannazym, magne-cal+, liquid silicon.
ppm 560
ph 5.5-6.2

Last run i had slime on the stones and ended up with root rot.
this run i thought cannazym and rhizo would prevent this.(full strength)
roots are not even out of net pot yet.

if anyone knows about these things please chime in!

If you live in the US I would recommend getting some z7 water treatment. It will keep everything clean and free from root rot.

It does look a bit like algae. Any light leaks at all in your rez? It can be hard to tell. Yesterday I turned off all my lights and shined a bright cfl on the top of my plant and just cracked the rez a little and i could see light pouring in through my hydroton. I covered it until the leaves fill out a bit more. Glad i caught it before it turned into anything. I do also get stuff like that in my rez from time to time. I think its from the enzymes breaking down the old root matter. I dont bother with it as i figure thats something for my benes to use. Could be way off tho. Im pretty new to this.

The slime may be algae then.. I though I covered all the potential light leek areas but I'll have a thorough check today. As for the bits in the water I still don't know. There is currently 1 root poking through as of today so I highly doubt it's broken down root matter!! Haha. May have to change res early and clean with h202, check again for light leeks and see what happens. Thanks for the comments ^^

Forget all the bull buy this and that crap. u grow in deep water and or have standing resivor. Use <u need> compost tea. lean about it. u can make it different ways and for different uses. plus u can see ur plants grow right in front of your eyes. its like plants steroids.

Back
Top Bottom