Brown spots - Curly leaves

Loola

Hello,

This is my first DWC grow. The plant is 20 days old. The PPM is a constant 1050, PH is a steady 5.8-5.9 for the last 5 days. But in the last 3 days, after I started misting the plant it started to curl, some upper leaves got wrinkles, the edges of the leaves started to lift and the spots appeared 3 days ago and turned brown and started to spread. I am not sure why is this happening. I use Advanced Nutrients M-G-B 1 ml per liter, voodoo juice and B 52, 1 ml cal and 1 ml mg per liter of water. This looks like PH and Potassium problems but I used only 1/4 the dosage. I have a very small fan. Non oscilating. Temps are 20-21C with 55% humidity

What do you think. Is the PPM too high? Should I hold the calcium and mg fert? I don't know exactly what to do :(

Browning.JPG

Curl3.JPG

You using RO,tap, distilled? Mine had those spots and it turned out to be Ca deficiency. Your ph is fine so there shouldnt be any nute lock out there. 1050 seems high for that much nute solution. I use 2ml/l of AN G-M-B, 20mls Ca/Mg, 20mls of rhino skin, 20mls of bud ignitor, voodoo, great white and powdered humic acid and my ppms are only about 1100. Im gonna have to think about this when i get a minute (at work at the moment) hopefully someone else chimes in with a bit of advice

I am using tap water. I let it sit for 3-5 days in a bucket so there is enough air and light so the Cl can poof away. I have about 170-190 ppm at this time.
On the calcium and magnesium botles they say 1 ml per liter. I used about half. Could it be it is too much for a 20 days old plant?
I added today about 2 liters of plain bottled water. PH 5,7. I hope in the morning the curling of the leaves will stop :( She seemed to like it until I misted 3-4 days ago :( I misted with plain bottled water. I checked now and it's PH is 7,7

The led panned (bonsai hero 85W) is about 15 cm away

Hey Loola I too have leaves starting to curl and I have been using bottled water at room temp. Is bottle water ok ? Also my first dirt grow and having really poor luck getting clones I bought from local dispensery to take off they are like I said starting to curl and wilted... Setup is t5 4 bulb light clones were started in rockwool and looked good until I put them in dirt....wondering if more misting would help? Believe it or not my first dirt grow after years of hydro 4x4 tables just wanted to try some outdoor for fun, so far no fun.

Any progress today after adding the water?
I dont believe half strength calmag would be a huge problem but i may be wrong.

Well the rusting continues :( I added 2,5 ca and 2.5 ml Mg in the water and I put some more distance between the pannel and the plant.
As you can see the spots are now visible on the first set of 3 leaves and started to show on the 3rd node leaves :(
I fimmed it. She kind of stopped drinking so much water as the previous days but she is still growing a bit. I will wait and see as I don't know what the problem could be. Ca def, led to close or something else...

Browning2.jpg

Im having this same issue...drop your ph to 5.6 with a res change..mine liked that and perked up within the day...im further along than you so change that res asap and it should help...i find that with an they like the ph a lil lower. Check link in my signature to see where they will end up. First day i did t worry...2nd added 20ml h2o2 to res and third day res change. Pls lemme k ow if you figured it out curious.

Back
Top Bottom