Is Organic DWC Possible?

mikeguynz

Im so over soil mainly cause of the messy nature, and finally brought a undercurrent system

I asked the guy on the phone if I could use organic nutrients, he told me this would clog the system?

Anyone have any input or thoughts

Thanks
HydroNoob

There's one thing that looks promising AmHydro is coming out (still no release date) with an organic nutrient called HydroGenesis that is a one part made for hydroponics. In a recent article by GROWZINE they feature it in a CCH2o grow and gave it 5 stars all around.
Here's a link AmHydro HydroGenesis Organic Fertilizer - GROZINEGROZINE
Only other alternative that I have found for pure organics is aquaponics, there's a guy doing grow on YouTube by the name of Potent Ponics. I would say nice for the hobbie grower but still not great if you want to push production.
You could run what Purps recommended but I still think you're going to run into all kinds of problems in your res tank. Maybe if you could chill your water temps to around 60 degrees you could avoid problems. I think DIY dehumidifier converted to a chiller is a possible way to keep cost down. Do a YouTube search for DIY dehumidifier chiller.

AN makes organic stuff suitable for hydro systems but I haven't looked into much. Quite happy with the usual salts based stuff of theirs I've been using for 15 years. Going back to their 3-part base after using Sensi and Connie for a couple years. That with Big Bud, Rhino Skin and some off-brand calmag works fine enough for me. Stuff like their Voodoo Juice is fine for organic style hydro but most of those supplements are where the need for deep pockets come into play.

I may try a couple other supplements like the Bud Ignitor and Bud Candy but it's not a priority.

:peace:

Bud ignitor really helps. Used it the past 3 years along with big bud and nirvana with iguana juice nutrients. Im currently using bio canna vega and flores along with bio boost in dwc. Those are organic one part base nutes with the bio boost as the additive. So far im getting no build up, its completely water soluble. Im on the beginning of week two, day 7 if hydro organic. Never have to check and adjust ph and ppms, my auto blueberry is nice and healthy.

Sent from Deez Nutz

We are in dwc and tried using Botanicare pure blend pro grow, bloom and pure blend tea as nutes. But we had deficiencies and couldn't figure out what it was due to.so we switched up to the KIND line of nutrients.

We'll see if we do any better. We really want to use organic hydro and also use aquaponics.
We've seen them both done. We just aren't experienced enough yet to do it lol.

We are in dwc and tried using Botanicare pure blend pro grow, bloom and pure blend tea as nutes. But we had deficiencies and couldn't figure out what it was due to.so we switched up to the KIND line of nutrients.

We'll see if we do any better. We really want to use organic hydro and also use aquaponics.
We've seen them both done. We just aren't experienced enough yet to do it lol.
Sorry for the late reply, i dont have much experience with hydro either, this is my first time, going smooth so far. No defiencies, im waiting on other nutes to come in for the hydro. Im not supposed to use these for hydro but they were the only nutes i have so i had to use what i had lol

Sent from Deez Nutz

60 is way way too cold for Hydro. Coolest you want is 65 so the plants will still uptake the nutes efficiently. Keep the temp from 65 to 72 so you lessen the chance of getting root rot

There's one thing that looks promising AmHydro is coming out (still no release date) with an organic nutrient called HydroGenesis that is a one part made for hydroponics. In a recent article by GROWZINE they feature it in a CCH2o grow and gave it 5 stars all around.
Here's a link AmHydro HydroGenesis Organic Fertilizer - GROZINEGROZINE
Only other alternative that I have found for pure organics is aquaponics, there's a guy doing grow on YouTube by the name of Potent Ponics. I would say nice for the hobbie grower but still not great if you want to push production.
You could run what Purps recommended but I still think you're going to run into all kinds of problems in your res tank. Maybe if you could chill your water temps to around 60 degrees you could avoid problems. I think DIY dehumidifier converted to a chiller is a possible way to keep cost down. Do a YouTube search for DIY dehumidifier chiller.

Back
Top Bottom