Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DIY High flow Carbon filter

Re: DIY High flow Carbon filter

Great post. Do you use it like a scrubber in the room or is the filter out side of the grow room?

Has anyone built one of these with 6 inch pvc?
    Only the most potent meds come with pet hair
    Overcome Evil with Love

1k 5x5 Sunhut Med Grow

It requires less character to discover the faults of others than is does to tolerate them.

what is the blue filter materiel?

Quote Originally Posted by Prescription View Post
    Great post. Do you use it like a scrubber in the room or is the filter out side of the grow room?
    You can use it both ways the room I originally used it in was vented so I just pulled the air through the filter and out in to the atmosphere. the exhaust was virtually odorless. The air flow through the filter was good, I noticed minimal temp rise with the filter attached. In a sealed room you could use it as a scrubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Prescription View Post
    what is the blue filter materiel?
    the filter material is just some bulk filter material I picked up at the local hardware store. comes in a big roll you just cut off however much you need. I've also seen it in different colors but it works great in a variety of applications. Just have to be creative.
    Garden of the Goddess SCROG
    DIY High flow carbon filter

Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases.
    ~Thomas Jefferson~

Quote Originally Posted by Transplant View Post
    Has anyone built one of these with 6 inch pvc?
    You could build one with what ever materials you have. 6" pvc pipe would work, however in a 5 gal bucket application you would greatly reduce the amount of carbon the contaminated air would touch in a single pass, thus reducing the effectiveness of the filter. if you were to use it as a scrubber where the air would pass over the carbon multiple time, then this would not be a big issue. On the the other hand there is no law that says it has to be a 5gal bucket. You could theoretically use a number of containers ranging from a rubbermaid tote to a 55gal drum, just uses what ever you need to fit your needs. The building concept would be the same just modify the design a bit.
    Garden of the Goddess SCROG
    DIY High flow carbon filter

Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases.
    ~Thomas Jefferson~

Quote Originally Posted by Sungod View Post
    You could build one with what ever materials you have. 6" pvc pipe would work, however in a 5 gal bucket application you would greatly reduce the amount of carbon the contaminated air would touch in a single pass, thus reducing the effectiveness of the filter. if you were to use it as a scrubber where the air would pass over the carbon multiple time, then this would not be a big issue. On the the other hand there is no law that says it has to be a 5gal bucket. You could theoretically use a number of containers ranging from a rubbermaid tote to a 55gal drum, just uses what ever you need to fit your needs. The building concept would be the same just modify the design a bit.
    Yeah I was thinking of doubling it, Two buckets .. one on top of the other
    Kinda just double the recipe lol
    Only the most potent meds come with pet hair
    Overcome Evil with Love

1k 5x5 Sunhut Med Grow

It requires less character to discover the faults of others than is does to tolerate them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12