Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: DIY Recirculating DWC PVC Tube

Nug of the Year Winner - 2010 Nug and Plant of the Month Winner Plant of the Year Winner - 2012 Mr Smith's Avatar

Re: DIY Recirculating DWC PVC Tube

The water temp was taken 4 hours after lights on and it was 68.3 f. The room temp goes down to 60f and at its hottest temp is recorded at 81f. Temp probes are measured inside the octagon, heater, humidifier and exhaust are outside the diy. Exhaust fan stays on 24/7 for odor control. The intake fan only comes on when temps go over 80f beside that its passive. (intake pulls cold air from another storage room or window depending on weather outside the house) Humidity was a problem because it would drop into the teens until I installed one of those big house humidiers that has 4 filters and I am now able to keep it in the 45 to 50% range as long as I refill it everyday (10 gallons a day lol) This room stays cold this time of year and I use a heater so temps don't drop into the 50s. I am unable to use this room during the summer months. Also at this point and time I am not using any recirculation fans just exhaust and intake.
    Last edited by Mr Smith; 01-21-2011 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Boo Boo Boom Bloom bloom bloom clip clip clip dry dry d

Those are very good temps, I had to add a chiller which I made from a chest freezer to keep my temps down in the mid 60's, I also use the same chiller to run Icebox heat exchangers and just keep recirculating the air with about 56% rh 74f. I really like your design, I am considering making one in 8" channel, I managed to find 8" 90's 45's and end connectors. My plan is to do inside a 20 ft container in a U shape covering 3 walls.

Amazin !! im in

how many site ??

. Sry Double post -.-

Nug of the Year Winner - 2010 Nug and Plant of the Month Winner Plant of the Year Winner - 2012 Mr Smith's Avatar

There are 93 sites, I am using 85.

realy nice ! im still on the begeining of my frist grow and this system realy tracking my head for the next one !! i realy like the site per light ratio

Cant whait for more pics + Yeild !!

These pics are of plants 3 days before harvest. Some of the plants are 4 to 5 inches tall. Most average 8 to 11 inches tall and a few are just over 12 inches. Buds are fairly filled out. There is some yellowing from the ripening stage using less nutes the last week and a flush will be done 2 days before harvest. I have 5 harvests worth of experience with this strain and even tho belladonna normally stays a short strain these plant heights are not normal. Its because of no veg time and where the bulb placement is.

Mr. Krip likes this.

Blog Entries

interesting action Mr Smith; it's the coliseum meets 420fied's 4" PVC project. 4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts

I'll bet you'll be way ahead of 1 g/w when you get her tuned. I do worry about root mass though; 420fied's roots completely clogged the 4" and I think he was going to 6" on his next effort.

Outstanding work here, I love the creativity and doityerself grows.

+10

They look tasty enough to take a bite out of, great job

on yeild !! look like a good one here !!

Day 61, its time for harvest.

Looks like you have your work cut out for you!

Harvesting is alot of work but it can be also alot of fun. With enough blunts and well rested hands I was able to deleaf (remove fan leaves and leaves with no sugar) all 85 plants in 4 to 6 hours and removed plants, cups and roots in under 2 hours. The harvesting took all day and if I didn't have to take apart and fix the machine I could have had a one day turnover if I had clones ready. Growing weed is like football, its the turnovers that determines the game. The more turnovers the more weed. If I could get 5 1day turnovers I could get 5 harvests a year with a month and a half to spare with this machine a year. 6 1day turnovers is 6 harvests a year and thats a perfect timed grow season. My average is 12 harvests a year using multiflower rooms(3) and other machines. This year's goal is 16 harvest but it will probally be 12 again but I believe the poundage should be higher this year.
    Here are pics of the plants deleafed.

Final trim will be done once plants dry out and trim will be collected for hash production.
    I am thinking of putting this 4 incher in next months POM.

Last edited by Mr Smith; 01-28-2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: pic and pek

I love how compact they are - I'd vote for it for POM!

Nice to hear your method for breaking down the harvest - I usually dread trimming, but have been enjoying myself more as my plants get better - less junk to trim makes a much better day - it's nice shaping buds, but I hate trimming a million little leaves like I used to have with inferior strains.

All in all, I really like the way you have things set up - if I ever go back to hydro, I'll have to try a mini version.

-SB-1

That plant is 4 inches tall, the shortest plant I ever harvest by far. I love a good joke as much as anyone and a microgrower might love it(maybe?) so I'll use it for Feb.
    I have her seperated so I can record what she weighs dried and trimmed.
    I truly believe this can be a extremely efficient growing machine once I get all the kinks out of the system and get her truly dialed in. I'm really hoping to reach my goal on the next grow test.
    I'm thinking of getting a trimpro.
    I can't wait to start my next project, tree growing.
    I wanna do a wick system. For some reason I wanna doit it all but I'm always limited by time and space. Growing is addictive.
    Taking apart the machine was alot easier than expected. 2 hours for teardown, 3 if you count the blunt and volcano break, wow I'm baked.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast