Best flowering light spectrum 2700\3000?

Red-Cricket

Hey all, does it make much of a difference if the bulbs are 3000k or 2700k...?? Im using T5's and cant find any 2700K bulbs, but many 3000k. Some say low as possible and some say 3000k are just fine..Thanks for your help! Red

Hey Red Cricket. I' m thinkin about going with t5's too. Did you just buy them from HOme Depot or did you buy the Real Deal growing style? I've read that you can put 1 and 2 bulb fixtures on the floor facing up or even on the sides of the plants to compensate for the light a little further down the plant. I really like those 8 light T5 fixtures, but the are pretty $$. I like the idea of being able to keep thelights right on the plants with the T5's plus the low temps are nice too.

Hey Simon, I built a (10) bulb setup using 4' twin bulbs. I purchased 5 fixures from Home Depot for about 40.00 ea. including bulbs. (Have to change bulbs).. 5 lights (1) at 12:00 o clock...(2) at 2 & 10 o clock and (2) more on a rotating arm at 3 & 9 o clock. Using 6400k Now for vegging....on 24 hr light. Will change to 3000K at time of flowering. Im very happy so far with the growth and the low heat issues. Thats my goal is to go all the way with T5's....People say close as possible..BS! 4'" is max i KNOW i fried 2 the 1st night getting them to close! Peace Bro!

hey Simon, After vegging in soil, 24 hr light, about 60 days, with (10) 6500 veg t5"s bulbs, I just changed to 3000K bulbs and went 12/12. Growing Big Bud and KC 39. Plants look GREAT! very easy to care for in this cool temps. I do realize HOT bulbs will give a better yeild ..... But im looking for a low hassle grow. So it takes a little longer. Now im looking for an up high Sativa. Are you using T5's also? Any suggestions on sativa's? Thanks for your time.... Red

Hey Red. Well no I'm not using T5s yet. I'm still just getting the room together/built. It's still gonna be a couple months. How tall were those plants after you took them out of veg? I keep hearing people on this forum making comments about "High Output" T-5s? It sounds like you are haveing a fine time with them though. I figured I would set a system up like yours and then once I get some more $$ I could turn the setup into a veg room, and then get a HPS for the Flowering. Keep me posted. You got any picts?:peace:

With T5's the color is important but also watch the wattage. They come in various watts from as low as 13 watts uo to 54 watts per tube. I am vegging with Sun Blaze 48 T5's. Today day is 10 days after putting the beans in the dirt and they look great.

Hey all, yes im using 54 watt. no heat signature and i keep my gals at about 2 1/2' below lights and they love it. I used LST and tied those babys down, They were about 18' tall when we went 12/12. about 18' wide tho many bud sites...using Fox farms all 3. Went about 18 hrs dark before starting 12/12. We went 12/12 on 10-27 only 3 days ago and they seem to be stretching already. Im dropping down to about 50-55 at night that might concern me, 60-70 daytime. 60-70% hum.... Love T5 feedback from successful growers. Thanks All

Back
Top Bottom