Molasses for stickier buds?

amiejean

I was told that if you add just enough molasses to the water to darken it slightly and use it in the last 6 weeks of flowering that you will have stickier and heavier buds. Is this true or should I avoid it?:smokin:

Check out Earth Juice. They have a complete line of molasses based supplements . I use their straight molasses mix.

Using molasses during the final stages of flowering will definitely result in heavier & tighter buds, they will become more "sticky", and give a noticeable better flavor. Be prepared to support the branches as the buds will gain amazing weight... peace n good luck MF

Molasses and Molasses based products used in the final flowering stage will increase YIELD TASTE and QUALITY ............... the girls do have a sweet tooth and really react to the molasses. Stay safe and goood growing..........
MrCLoner420

Just pick up some unsulphured molasses at the grocery or health food store.

>$2 for a 16oz bottle. Unless you like to pay $$$ for neat labels and shipping.

DD

The molasses feed the microorganisms and in turn nutrient upload to plant is enhanced, but look out it can fry your girl go real easy, expect fat juicy tasty buds......

The molasses feed the microorganisms and in turn nutrient upload to plant is enhanced, but look out it can fry your girl go real easy, expect fat juicy tasty buds......

if you are using molassas from the local grocery store what would be recommend usage of that about 1tps. (5ml.) per gal or 4 L. Of water or should you use more?

can that be used in soil or soilless mix? or is it best in hydro?

I've only used the ag. molasses from lowes and from nurseries, but 1 tps per gal, or 4 ltr is plenty.. Dogs like it also so if ya got one watch em it won't harm them but they may disturb your girls checking out the smell..

You can use in hydro or soil/soiless grows .... without any problems..... HOWEVER MAKE SURE YOU GET UNSULPHURED MOLASSES..... you can get it at your local grocery store I buy BERR RABBIT BLACKSTRAP MOLASSES but any unsulphured molasses will work..... FYI if you are intersted what you are doing is feeding the natural beneficial bacteria and fungi in the root zone. They will keep your root system free of BAD fungi and bacteria and the molasses has all natural calcium iron and magnesium. one last thing DO NOT USE H2O2(Hydrogen Peroxide)based products with the molasses.... these type products will kill the BAD and The GOOD bacteria and fungi. Hope this will help everyone who is looking to use this fantastic natural tool..... Also one little tip that I learned and have found it to be one of the best tricks I have found to increase quality and yield. :rollit:
Here we go when your girls are in the flowering stage and they are showing 30% brown pistils dicontinue ALL nutes....... turn off ALL your lights for the next two weeks..... change to H2O and molasses only this will do several things for your ladies..... It will flush the nutes..... help in sweeting your final product and INCREASE your quality/yield big time. You will notice the difference trust me !! BUds are noticably bigger stickyier(is that a word?) and SWEETER.................................................... :yummy:
stay safe and Good Growing
MrCloner420

Hey OldGrower Dude....... FYI B Rabbit comes in 12 oz bottles and at the rate of 1tsp per gallon would take a total of 1 12 oz bottle.......... a little secret to put everything into over drive add one oz of molasses and 1/2 tsp coco wet 1/2 tsp spray and grow ( products made here in TExas) to a gallon of H2O and spray THE UNDERNEATH SIDE of your main leaves ........ temps MUST be 68-74 IDEAL is 72 to assure that the stomas are open on the UNDERSIDE of the sunleaveses:rollit: I use a green light to do this while ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON If you get my drift:ganjamon: PS: adjust PH 6.2 to 7

12 oz per bottle x 6 tsp per 0z = 72 tsp per bottle. I would try this regement as always different strains react differently but I have always had success both with stavia and indica:rollit: stay safe Good Growin:slide:

from another oldgrowerdude
:rollit:MrCloner420:rollit:

I've seen comments by other regarding molasses, but didn't have a clue about the use, or benefits. Although stickiness, and taste are important to some, I view the benefit to the root system, as outlined by MrCloner420, to be a big plus.

Would I also mix molasses with my nute/H20 schedule, or just with my H20 schedule in between nute feeds? Currently I water every seven days, adding nutes every 14 days.

If I read this correctly, I'm into the 3rd week of flower, and should start a molasses program starting after the 4th week?

Thanks in advance, and for another great growing tip.

Weed, always encouraging to read another positive testimonial before jumping off the cliff:grinjoint:

Thanks to DrFrankenKush for the burn warning.

I will be using another approach for hydro to increase bud weight and density...part of H&G's line. Their version of molasses.

Back
Top Bottom