PH level

MAD DAWG

I did a watering today with a gallon of water/1tbsp Big Bloom mix. My water was 6.5. After adding the Big Bloom it was a 6.5. I watered in a 5 gallon pot of straight FFOF which I transplanted into Wednesday. My run off was 7.3 I guess the Big Bloom raises your ph level in soil? The nest time I go to add Big Bloom, where should my ph be at before watering? Since there was a .8 difference, I was thinking something like 5.7 with the water/Big Bloom mix. If it's another .8 difference then that would give me a run off of around a 6.5. Does this make sense or sound right?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I did a watering today with a gallon of water/1tbsp Big Bloom mix. My water was 6.5. After adding the Big Bloom it was a 6.5. I watered in a 5 gallon pot of straight FFOF which I transplanted into Wednesday. My run off was 7.3 I guess the Big Bloom raises your ph level in soil? The nest time I go to add Big Bloom, where should my ph be at before watering? Since there was a .8 difference, I was thinking something like 5.7 with the water/Big Bloom mix. If it's another .8 difference then that would give me a run off of around a 6.5. Does this make sense or sound right?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey brother, don't measure run off...I know everyone tells you to do it....but your actually reading a sample that has been through all the soil and what you really want to know is what your roots are getting. To do this soak your pots until the water just starts coming out the bottom. Get yourself a big plastic syringe from the dollar store or somewhere and stick a piece of air line on the end so that it will reach the bottom 2/3rds of the pot where the roots are. The other thing you need to know is different nutes behaves differently with different soil mixes. The best thing to do is check with the manufacturer of your nutes to find out how you should be feeding for the medium your using...good luck...btw to start over just flush the plants with plain water.

Wow. Your right. I have always read to test the run off. Never heard of the way your describing. I guess the concept being that after you water, you draw water up through the air line using the syringe? And then test your ph that way? Am I understanding you correctly? How close to the plant would I put the air line? I know the roots reach and branch out but how would I know if I am close enough to them?

By the way I am using FF nutes/soil. Don't know if I will get around to using the grow big but for sure will be using the tiger bloom along with the big bloom.

Wow. Your right. I have always read to test the run off. Never heard of the way your describing. I guess the concept being that after you water, you draw water up through the air line using the syringe? And then test your ph that way? Am I understanding you correctly? How close to the plant would I put the air line? I know the roots reach and branch out but how would I know if I am close enough to them?

By the way I am using FF nutes/soil. Don't know if I will get around to using the grow big but for sure will be using the tiger bloom along with the big bloom.

not sure how big the pots or plants are but closer to the edge of the pot then the middle. if you check my sig you'll see links for all kinds of help with nutes including a study.

Back
Top Bottom