how long to use my heat mat?

crypiter

How long after seeds sprout should you continue to use your heat mat? How about if you were cloning?

Thanks in advance. This is the best forum on the net!:bravo:

I use my heat mat till my seedlings and clones are about 3 to four weeks old. The heat helps to stimulate a healthy and vigorous root system.

You can knock out a seedling or clone from its pot to check root development periodically. I generally start checking at about two weeks. When the roots are all the way around and to the bottom of the pot then I transplant.

Been doin it this way for a while and so far always have great success! I agree, this really is the best forum on the net!

Thank you both for the replies. + rep to you! Kinda of a different question but thought I would ask here instead of startn' a new thread. I've been looking but wasn't sure how long to use the humidity dome. I'd like to get the lights a little closer in a few days but obviously the dome sets a little bit of a limit on that. Basically is it more beneficial at that point to have the dome with lights right on top or remove the dome and get the lights closer. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom