Average DWC 5 gallon bucket yield?

terwen

Alright, I know this question has been asked about a million times and everyone is probably fed up with all these people asking the same question. I understand there are too many factors to list. However with this set up and seeds that I'm using, I would like to know if anyone can give me a rough estimate of how much I should expect.

Set up:
3.25 x 4 x 5.25 grow tent
600W HPS (I'm going to get a better bulb later)
5 - 5 gallon buckets.
I vegged them for about a month under t5 8 bulb 2 foot.
I got the seeds from Nirvana(feminized) 3 Raspberry Cough and 2 Royal Flush
I am using House and Garden aqua flakes with a couple of supplements.

A week into flowering no pistils, about how long does it take for pistils to show? I've heard anywhere from week1 - week3.

Also currently I'm using the t5 8 bulb 2foot hanging vertically and two 105W CFLS for side lighting and the 600W HPS ontop. So roughly 1000W for 5 plants, is this overkill or is there never enough lights?

wecome!.your area is small...could that be a typo?
you wont be able to harvest hardy plants with too many..start with 2

When it comes to potential yield, I like to think about canopy size; what yield will it accomodate.

Whether in soil or one of the many hydro systems out there, the most I've ever heard of anyone pulling out of the their indoor garden equals 1oz per 50 sq. inches (just over 7"x7"). This grower had light levels above what is considered optimal, an air conditioner to keep it cool, lots of ventilation, and gentle circulation. This 1oz per 50 sq. inches was with a flat canopy.

a curved or completely circular canopy will yeild more per light.

As for DWC specific, some people (absolute pro-growers) are pulling a pound per 5 gallon DWC.

As for your space, 3.25'x4' = 39"x48" = 1872 sq. inches / 50sq. inches = 37 oz. I don't think you'll pull that though. Like I said, the scenario above had more than enough light. You've got just barely enough light for the whole space. Plus the grower in the scenario above must've been some kind of wizard or something because other that one person, I've never heard of anyone else pulling such a huge yeild out of a small space.

My advice: become some kind of wizard or something.

A 3x4 foot room is small, but larger than mine (2x3) and I had less light.

Last two harvests I got over 180 grams each. I do use SCROG and two to four plants. Which I think helps a lot with small stealth grows in getting a larger harvest.

I'd say you should be able to do as well. But I also would go along with what Viper said, a bit too many plants for a small space and first time growing.

Prairie

You can grow it top colar only per plant. Since there are so many plants, side branches will suffocate the rest, and barely any light. You can try top cola grow, and see how big it can get since it's straight up one cola per plant. It may look like a baseball bats carefully placed on top of each pots by the end of flowering. heh

I'm looking at either 4 or 6 plants dwc under 1200 watt led by topled in a 5x5x6.5 tent...Hoping for around 4 oz per plant...veg til Bout 20 inches growing thc bomb and heavyweight fast and vast

isn't 3 oz under 1k in a DWC REALLLYYY low?

he gets 15-18 oz, with 3 oz per plant.

For a 1000 watt setup that is a good yield and you should be quite happy with it. Getting much more then a gram per watt is very difficult..

isn't 3 oz under 1k in a DWC REALLLYYY low?

that is what Im thinking LOW i get 3oz + from top feed system and I am disappointed in that, goal for me is 4.5 oz per
i am considering DWC because i saw one with monster plants stalks 2" I asked about Oz per.. he "said pound-s no way i say
yep say he ... well one plant was 5 FT high and tied down colas were baseball bat sized #-s ? dont know about that
but absolutely took my breath away, I backed away, bowing respectfully as I left the temple so next grow, Im giving it a go 4 spaces
in my 12k room cant give up what I know completely, yet

Alright, I know this question has been asked about a million times and everyone is probably fed up with all these people asking the same question. I understand there are too many factors to list. However with this set up and seeds that I'm using, I would like to know if anyone can give me a rough estimate of how much I should expect.

Set up:
3.25 x 4 x 5.25 grow tent
600W HPS (I'm going to get a better bulb later)
5 - 5 gallon buckets.
I vegged them for about a month under t5 8 bulb 2 foot.
I got the seeds from Nirvana(feminized) 3 Raspberry Cough and 2 Royal Flush
I am using House and Garden aqua flakes with a couple of supplements.

A week into flowering no pistils, about how long does it take for pistils to show? I've heard anywhere from week1 - week3.

Also currently I'm using the t5 8 bulb 2foot hanging vertically and two 105W CFLS for side lighting and the 600W HPS ontop. So roughly 1000W for 5 plants, is this overkill or is there never enough lights?
Hang the t5 up normal w/the hps and just rotate the plants under the two of them; if you want side lighting (and you might just need it crowded in like that,) just get some more cheap cfls. Problem with that though is they take up space also. You should be able to pull at least 14 zips and might get lucky and cure 20 or so.

Back
Top Bottom