Taking clones of flowering plant

TryingOui

I have a Lemon Skunk and Northern Lights plants which are in preflower that I want to take a clone from. Is it wise to take clones this late, and will the clones revert to veg if kept under an 18-6 light cycle? Would like to keep a copy of each in case their mothers turn out ok. :thanks:

Take clones from the mothers now. Before it starts to shoot flowers. It will revert back to vegetative growth under 18/6 or 24/0 light. If you happen to take cuttings while the mothers has already started flowering, then your clones will have deformed fan leaves. Why? Those leaves are for cupping the flowers but now they have to grow out to act as fan leaves due to light change. Not to worry too much about but it might gives you some stress if you don't expect it. lol

Best way to do it is right before you put them under 12/12.

Thanks HighDive. I better get busy then. I just put her in 12/12 this past week.:thanks:

I found out by accident that taking flowering clones can be a good thing. I dont know the science behind it but the clones will produce many many more bud sites and will be much bushier as well. I was amazed at the difference. The leaves will be deformed for a bit but will go back to normal shortly and dont effect the health of the clone.

Best time to cut flowering clones is day 21 for 8 weeks strains and day 35 for 10 week strains. If done on these days then the clones will be ready to flower right as you are ready to harvest the plants you got them from. Help this helped. Happy growing.
:rollit:

I found out by accident that taking flowering clones can be a good thing. I dont know the science behind it but the clones will produce many many more bud sites and will be much bushier as well. I was amazed at the difference. The leaves will be deformed for a bit but will go back to normal shortly and dont effect the health of the clone.

Best time to cut flowering clones is day 21 for 8 weeks strains and day 35 for 10 week strains. If done on these days then the clones will be ready to flower right as you are ready to harvest the plants you got them from. Help this helped. Happy growing.
:rollit:
They revert to veg under the applicable photo period without problems? The clones (if I can call them that yet) sure are not acting nicely right now but that could also be to my soil experimentation. I should know better than to introduce multiple variables to an experiment without a control. We'll see. But I will sure try again until I succeed and look for more vigorous plants with plenty of bud sites. :popcorn:

i hate taking clones from flowering plants but you gotta do what you gotta do, its funny because i just took some clones from my neighbors plants, that were flowering, reverting them back to veg takes a while for me at least and i hit them with 24-7 light, usually mine revert back to veg in 3 to 4 weeks but when you don't have access to seeds or clones its worth it,
rnwy

i hate taking clones from flowering plants but you gotta do what you gotta do, its funny because i just took some clones from my neighbors plants, that were flowering, reverting them back to veg takes a while for me at least and i hit them with 24-7 light, usually mine revert back to veg in 3 to 4 weeks but when you don't have access to seeds or clones its worth it,
rnwy

I feel for you not having easy access to clones or seeds. Fortunately, I live in a state where MMJ is now written into the state constitution, thanks to activists other than myself although I voted for it and asked my friends and family (I am politically active) to do so as well. Seeds are beginning to become available also. Have you checked out the many seed sponsors here?

The clones are struggling ... will see, huh. Next time I will make up my mind to grow indoors sooner and thus grab and keep clones under veg. :reading420magazine:

Back
Top Bottom