Help! Seedling cotyledons yellow and dying

Optimus PrimeBud

Feminized Lemon Skunk strain
Indica/sativa?
I have already asked questions in other sections of this forum with no answer and I have look at other topics about this again with no real answer. So is my plant healthy? is it normal for these leaves to turn yellow and curl? I've read that they fall off anyway. Please help
DSC_1729.JPG

#2 plants
Vegetative
Vegetative Stage... 1 week
Indoor
Soil
Scotts indoor soil mix
6" pot
400 watt halide bulb...only 1 about 4 inches from the plant
fan running onw medium 24/7 not directly on the plant
Temperature of Room/Cabinet 75 degrees
RH of Room?
PH of Medium ?
no pests
watered 2 times a day morning and night
MG for fertilizer but instructed to stop using for now
medium size closet

High tnoldon,

I think half your problem might be that you have a 400w bulb 4 inches from the poor thing. thats too much light and too much heat for that poor baby to handle. Also Scotts soils are chuckfull of nute which also my be too much for the little gal. she might be able to survive the soil but with the light that close your killing her. Bring the lights up to about 16 inches and see how she responds.

:wood:
High tnoldon,

I think half your problem might be that you have a 400w bulb 4 inches from the poor thing. thats too much light and too much heat for that poor baby to handle. Also Scotts soils are chuckfull of nute which also my be too much for the little gal. she might be able to survive the soil but with the light that close your killing her. Bring the lights up to about 16 inches and see how she responds.

Ok I moved the light up like you said. What should I do about the soil issue? She was just put in soil today she has been in rockwool is it to late to take her back out and wash it off? And yes the soil has nutes

Man haha I must admit growing is MUCH harder then I first thought. I give props to all you successful growers out there it really takes a lot of hard work!!

OK BIG PROBLEM!! i have nats flying all over the plant and it looks like they are in the soil or crawling around the soil!! WHAT DO I DO? will pesticides kill my plant?

Im going to head out and try to get some perlite and gnatrol tonight and hope that this will help, I've been having a hard time growing and she doesn't seem to be getting any bigger. I've seen other peoples plants on her about as old as mine with much more leaves and a lot bigger. Is there something wrong with my plant? Is it a normal size or no?

I think you will be fine man. Once you back off the light things should start looking up. These babies are strong, and will deal with a hell of a lot before kicking the bucket. And stresses like to much heat/light for a seedling can cause stunted growth. Nothing to worry about, just think of it as you are stuck at the point you were probably a week ago. I am having a similar issue with a couple of my girls. I am just now getting them out of their "funk", but it is worth it! Once you get past this, she will perk up and amaze you with fresh green growth!

:goodluck:

Ok just to update everyone. First thank you for all who have helped me in keeping this beautiful lemon skunk girl alive! She is doing great! I checked her today and although the cotyledons are yellow and about dead, the rest is a nice green color and I can see a second pair of leaves appearing! the gnats are gone its been successfully transferred into a low nute MG soil to make it easier for me to take care of since I don't know how to measure nutes yet. The halide bulb was just to hot for the little closet so I got a CF bulb about 40watt not sure if thats good enough but its better then cooking her lol.

Again thank you all. I would like more suggestions about anything involving my grow room lighting situation and I REALLY need help in how to measure nutes in a 8oz bottle seeing as I only have to plants and don't need gallons of water.

More changes have been made since I've been informed my seedlig is not where she should be meaning she should be a lot larger with a lot more nods!

DSC_1737.JPG

DSC_1739.JPG

DSC_1740.JPG

DSC_1738.JPG

Please respond with any suggestions or comments. The lights are being added tomorrow so there will be more then one

Ok so since the last post here is the issue. The plant itself has overcome all odds and survived everything. Its nice and green and has been transplanted to a big container as you can see in the pictures above. But she will not grow!! she wont get bigger no matter what I do!! I changed the lights I moved them closer then further away I put tin foil behind her to get more reflection everything, and no response! its day 12 and I'm losing faith in her. Is there anything I can do? is it worth keeping her or no?

Ok here is another update! The plant is doing ok and since I changed the lights around to 2 27w cfls transplanted her in a bigger pot and got a digital light timer running 18/6, got a ph tester and got my ph to about 6.7.

Also I started a new seedling! I know its fem but not sure about the strain? She is however in mg soil which as soon as I can I will transplant her also the mg soil is 1/3 perlite so hope that helps. Anyway check out the pics and I'm starting a grow journal! Any feedback welcome.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/DSC_1741.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/DSC_1742.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/DSC_1743.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/DSC_1744.JPG

Anyone have anything to say about the new set up? Or about how my plant looks now compared to how it looked before? (pics on first page) I'm hoping with my new seedling it will grow correctly this time I'll post new pics tonight. From what i saw this morning the stem looks purple but its very thick unlike my previous grow, I'm guessing its because the lights are better quality and its close to her so she doesn't need to stretch to far. Anywho any comments welcome I'm new at this game and all the feedback I've gotten has helped me out a ton!

OH! also I realize the tin foil is bad. As soon as I can find mylar or panda polly I will be switching to that. I'm hoping in the next few days

Anyone have anything to say about the new set up? Or about how my plant looks now compared to how it looked before? (pics on first page) I'm hoping with my new seedling it will grow correctly this time I'll post new pics tonight. From what i saw this morning the stem looks purple but its very thick unlike my previous grow, I'm guessing its because the lights are better quality and its close to her so she doesn't need to stretch to far. Anywho any comments welcome I'm new at this game and all the feedback I've gotten has helped me out a ton!

Tnoldon, IMO the cfl's will do great for your seedlings, although you will more than likely be using that hps in the future. Keep them (cfl's), as close to your plants as you can without burning them as it looks like you have that under control. I am currently using 27 watt cfl's for my first hydro/soil grows. I think I messed up the soil grows by adding a lil bit of nutes too soon, I've flushed them and repotted and will see if they grow past the two sets of small leaves they have. It has been a little over two weeks on them and two days since the transplant, and they are just one step past yours. Make sure you don't overwater them as well, I am new to this but from the many threads that I have read it appears that by allowing your roots to search for water thru the soil is better than providing them with too much water. So let the soil dry a bit before re-watering with ph'd water. Start a journal since you can post photo's, you will get a lot of love from experience growers and us newbies! You can also check out Cabinet grows, diy's. This along with the help from everyone else here as assisted me greatly. BTW, the Hydro grows are coming along nicely for cfl's, which I had planned on using for vegging and flowering. Different/mixed spectrum for flowering.

:goodluck:

Thank you for the info voltron. I have a grow journal started Ill put the link in at the bottom so you can see the pictures. I'll also put up a new picture of the seedling today. I'm hoping this seedling will actually grow and get more then 2 sets of leaves this time. If you can could you post some pics of your plants? I'd like to see what they look like compared to mine? Since you have essentially did the same thing to your plant as I did to mine, what is your opinion on them recovering? Its almost been 16 days and the large plant still looks like a 3 day old plant and I have seen no growth what so ever.

Anyway here is the seedling at day one:
DSC_1744.JPG

Here is 4 days later:
DSC_1759.JPG

Back
Top Bottom