Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By 1970s Grower
  • 1 Post By CannaVince
  • 2 Post By 1970s Grower
  • 1 Post By 1970s Grower
  • 1 Post By PrairiePoet
  • 1 Post By Flipper

Thread: Hermorphadites! What to do when you find em

  1. #1
    420 Member 1970s Grower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    771

    Hermorphadites! What to do when you find em

    I have:
    4 plants in day 20 of 12/12
    in a 1'x4' cab 42' high
    in 3 gal pots
    using 14 26 watt CFLs at 2700K.

    THings are progressing well and my biggest buds as big as a bic lighter. I just returned from a 4 day vacation and I have some male flowers on my plants.

    I picked off about 20 balls off of one plant today, 3 balls had already opened and spewed there jiz all over the place.

    I picked between 3 and 5 immature balls each off the other 3 plants.

    THe question for today is... What do I do with this grow?

    It is my first grow in almsost 40 years.

    Do I pull the plant that had 20 male flowers? ... or is the damage already done. I have a fan blowing in the cab so I would think there is polen pretty welll dispersed from the 3 that spewed pollen.

    These are bag seeds from 2 different strains that were very good medicine. Some of the best I have ever had.

    Help! I have never had hermies before.

  2. #2
    420 Member CannaVince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    AriStonA. East (outer-space) valley
    Posts
    996

    Re: Hermorphadites! What to do when you find em

    Hey 7O's ...my deepest regards ...... I also have a hermies situation and caught it 1/2 day too late....AHH those fans ..and yes it's too late.... I actually picked off all the rest of my pollen sacks from that point on and it was pain stakingly mucho work...but believe it or not, by pulling out my main culprit and removing the other pollen sacks (before they opened) I had 3 plants out of ten not pollenate...but it still is a nightmare....best of luck my man...sorry...
    SAVE THOSE WHALES....

    Life's a Garden
    DIG-it?

    THE WIND IS BLOWING MY MIND

  3. #3
    420 Member 1970s Grower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    771

    Re: Hermorphadites! What to do when you find em

    Quote Originally Posted by CannaVince View Post
    Hey 7O's ...my deepest regards ...... I also have a hermies situation and caught it 1/2 day too late....AHH those fans ..and yes it's too late.... I actually picked off all the rest of my pollen sacks from that point on and it was pain stakingly mucho work...but believe it or not, by pulling out my main culprit and removing the other pollen sacks (before they opened) I had 3 plants out of ten not pollenate...but it still is a nightmare....best of luck my man...sorry...
    Growing just became work with this grow. Its only 4 plants but picking balls off every day is gonna be a chore. I just posted some pics of my 1' x 4' setup. Just getting the plants in and out is beatch as you will see in the pictures.

    At this point since the damage is done, I am going to keep all four in the cabinet and just watch them close every day.

    Dayum!

  4. #4
    420 Member CannaVince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    AriStonA. East (outer-space) valley
    Posts
    996

    Re: Hermorphadites! What to do when you find em

    Yah it's all you've got left to do....some of my buds filled up with seeds so fast it's not worth it....even my journal I keep is sad.... You should start a few new seeds now my man....all it takes is one pollen sack to spoodge....all that tweezering was crazy....

    SAVE THOSE WHALES....

    Life's a Garden
    DIG-it?

    THE WIND IS BLOWING MY MIND

  5. #5
    420 Member Wingman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,213

    Re: Hermorphadites! What to do when you find em

    Kill and destroy all Male or hermaphrodite Plants, they only breed more problems. When you want to breed seeds use a proven strain that will make you happy.
    Good Luck

  6. #6
    420 Member 1970s Grower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    771

    Re: Hermorphadites! What to do when you find em

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman420 View Post
    Kill and destroy all Male or hermaphrodite Plants, they only breed more problems. When you want to breed seeds use a proven strain that will make you happy.
    Good Luck
    It's kind of hard to kill 'em when you havn't had a supply of smoke for 30 years. I haven't even smoked any bud in over a year. I don't know anyone who smokes right now. I stole these seeds from bag I confiscated off my teenage son almost 2 years ago.

    Right now Hermies are the best thing I have going to get some smoke... and thats gonna take 30 days yet plus curing time.

    I ordered and recieved some good feminized seed from a reputable seed bank. I hope they aren't "Hermised" seed. I need to start planning that grow.

    I am going to finish these out and take what I can get from them.

  7. #7
    420 Member 1970s Grower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    771

    Re: Hermorphadites! What to do when you find em

    Quote Originally Posted by CannaVince View Post
    Yah it's all you've got left to do....some of my buds filled up with seeds so fast it's not worth it....even my journal I keep is sad.... You should start a few new seeds now my man....all it takes is one pollen sack to spoodge....all that tweezering was crazy....

    Your right, I should start some new seeds now so I have something to look forward to.

  8. #8
    420 Member medme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wa.
    Posts
    345

    Re: Hermorphadites! What to do when you find em

    ask around,,, you will find others that smoke,,, then keep asking and you will be able to get a clone,,, good luck.... or,,,keep plucking the balls.....
    its only illegal if you get caught...

    expect the worst,,, you'll never be dissapointed..

  9. #9
    420 Member OG13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    1,253
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Hermorphadites! What to do when you find em

    Keep on, keeping on. Pick them balls every couple days. If you have a plant that doesn't have any male parts and it gets some seeds, those seeds should be 99% female (and not as apt to hermie in the future). The "more male" plants with seeds that self pollinate will still make mostly fem seeds (but more hermie potential). Just grow them out if they will keep budding, sometimes they stop if they got really seeded. Hopefully you will get some good meds and some good seeds.
    Fast, Cheap or Good.....pick two

  10. #10
    420 Member Wingman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,213

    Re: Hermorphadites! What to do when you find em

    Quote Originally Posted by 1970s Grower View Post
    It's kind of hard to kill 'em when you havn't had a supply of smoke for 30 years. I haven't even smoked any bud in over a year. I don't know anyone who smokes right now. I stole these seeds from bag I confiscated off my teenage son almost 2 years ago.

    Right now Hermies are the best thing I have going to get some smoke... and thats gonna take 30 days yet plus curing time.

    I ordered and recieved some good feminized seed from a reputable seed bank. I hope they aren't "Hermised" seed. I need to start planning that grow.

    I am going to finish these out and take what I can get from them.
    I totally understand how hard it is to kill plants that you so lovingly cared for especially when you have not had smoke for so long. Just remember the seeds you obtain are likely to produce herm plants so discard them.
    The new seeds you obtain will be fine and I truly wish you all the best! After all is said and done each grow is a learning experience!
    Good Luck Brother!

  11. #11
    420 Member PrairiePoet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    West of Emerald City
    Posts
    863
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Hermorphadites! What to do when you find em

    Quote Originally Posted by 1970s Grower View Post
    It's kind of hard to kill 'em when you havn't had a supply of smoke for 30 years. I haven't even smoked any bud in over a year. I don't know anyone who smokes right now. I stole these seeds from bag I confiscated off my teenage son almost 2 years ago.

    Right now Hermies are the best thing I have going to get some smoke... and thats gonna take 30 days yet plus curing time.

    I ordered and recieved some good feminized seed from a reputable seed bank. I hope they aren't "Hermised" seed. I need to start planning that grow.

    I am going to finish these out and take what I can get from them.
    Seedy meds are better than no meds. PERIOD. So they hermied a little. Just be gentler next time with them.
    -- Prairie

    How to grow marijuana everything you need know

    If you are asking for help, click here to get better answers.

    My only journal:
    Prairie's Trying Again SCROG Deep Water Culture

  12. #12
    420 Member Flipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    208

    Re: Hermorphadites! What to do when you find em

    You can always save some pollen if you want to cross breed and make your own strain.

    Good luck,
    Flipper

  13. #13
    420 Member 1970s Grower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    771

    Re: Hermorphadites! What to do when you find em

    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    You can always save some pollen if you want to cross breed and make your own strain.

    Good luck,
    Flipper
    Thanks Fliipper that is one idea I had not thought of. How does one save pollen?

    At this point I so confused about hermies and how they happen and the resultant seeds I just want this grow done and being cured or smoked. I have read so much conflicting info on feminised seeds/hermies etc that it makes my head spin. The medicine should make my head spin not the biology.

  14. #14
    420 Member Flipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    208
    Light leaks and moving and handling your plants alot can cause hemies. Interepting your dark cycle also. Dark should be dark, if you can see you outstreached hand in the dark it isn't dark enough. Store your pollen in a glass vial, in a dark, cool dry place away from plants.

    Good luck,
    Flipper