Breeding with Feminized Seeds

Hashashin

So I want to do a bit of breeding but the strain I'm looking for is only offered as a feminized seed.

I've heard its not good to use plants from a feminized seed for breeding. But I think obviously that can be true because thats how they resulted in the feminized seed.

Any help? I've looked around but all I can come up with are websites that explain what a feminized seed is.

Check out this:

Cannabis cultivation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically the fem seeds can be produced by letting the plant go to long without chopping the buds, or having it meet up with a suitor. and it then becomes a hermi, and pollinates it self, the reaction, being a seed that is 100% the mother plant and essentially not having that male chromosome. and indeed making a female plant.

EDIT: another way to produce the fem seeds, is to stress the plant out, and as a survival technique, it will start to seed.

it is a great advantage for plants to be able to do this in the wild so they can adapt to their surroundings.

if you were looking to breed, and you were looking to have a male to polinate your female. buying fem seeds, wont get you a male, however, there is a really good chance you will end up with a hermi. which would in time, seed itself.

Check out this:

Cannabis cultivation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically the fem seeds can be produced by letting the plant go to long without chopping the buds, or having it meet up with a suitor. and it then becomes a hermi, and pollinates it self, the reaction, being a seed that is 100% the mother plant and essentially not having that male chromosome. and indeed making a female plant.

I was under the impression that a hermi that drops seeds would pass on that trait making every seed grown a hermi....

I was under the impression that a hermi that drops seeds would pass on that trait making every seed grown a hermi....

essentially true, if your hermi were truly a hermi. but if your taking a female plant, and stressing it to the point where it produces the pollen it needs to reproduce, there was no... lets say y chromosome.

so, to put it in terms of animal breeding think like this

xx = female
xy = male

so the female of the species produces its own pollen, which can only contain xx, and not xy because it was not bred that way from seed.

when you have a female plant go hermi the xy is not present so its sort of like (xx)(xx)=(xx)

where when there is a true male involved (xx)(xy)=(variable)

atleast thats what i gather from correspondence with the cannabis college in amsterdam.

Ok well i was just thinking and a bag seeds would of theoretically came from a hermi right??

Many people grow bag seeds and have heavy harvest so i guess not all hermis produce hermis... I am mearly guessing i have very little to NO experience of breeding.

Also i have never grown a bag seed i have only read that this is the out come of a hermi mother!

Ok well i was just thinking and a bag seeds would of theoretically came from a hermi right??

Many people grow bag seeds and have heavy harvest so i guess not all hermis produce hermis... I am mearly guessing i have very little to NO experience of breeding.

Also i have never grown a bag seed i have only read that this is the out come of a hermi mother!

bag seed may come from a hermi mother, but usually it is because it was too late to segregate the plants from the males, someone in the grow got distracted/forgot to sex the plants.

Back
Top Bottom