Using smartphone to monitor grow?

sinbad

Does anyone use their smart phone and database application to monitor their grows? I have an Iphone and using Bento from Filemaker to create a database to monitor a legal grow and wonder if anyone else is using like this setup.
As far as I can tell there are only two growing applications (desktop) for the MM community, seems a shame to not harness the power of our technolgy, for the betterment of our growing...matter of fact, I better check to see if its time to hit the pipe. Yep,sure is in a Michigan winter:thumb:

That is a very convenient way to keep track of your grow. I always have my iPhone on me, I really only use it for the photos of my plants... but it would be great to have all grow info on the go.

Set up an old netbook with a good webcam and installed orb to run as a service so there is enough cpu to run the software and streaming(leave the machine at the login screen). All password protected as well. Works quite well actually, can take a while to get the right angle on your shot.

I would hate to lose it and some wise ass "hacker" could get in there and depending on your status. Really screw your world, get black mailed over grow pic`s and All that other info you have locked away in there. I watch alot of CSI Miami so finding you through cell phone is nice but I would get busted because of pic`s when they gave phone back!!
:420: :high-five:

yeah that would be a great tool, but i think there is too much to lose with cellphones, especially with the spyware apps that can be put on your phone undetected, and they can see all your messages, listen to phone calls, have access to all your files, and they can even use the camera and microphone on your cell to record conversations and take pics. Anyone who wants to spend $49.99 on it has access. Just some friendly advice.

There is more chance of, the powers that be, reading what you all write on here than gaining access to your personal, password protected stream that doesn't store images on your device. Not sure about the ORB privacy policy but I like to think that they are protecting their users to some degree. Anyway use it or don't I do and find it is a great way to check on the babies throughout the day.

true, but privacy policy means nothing to the government, especially if the application is condoning illegal activities. just throwing the awareness out there.

My good buddy that I get alot of help from has a rule: To be a secrect tell no one! Your preist or mom, nobody! if you can pull that off your still not totaly safe! Till it gets the green lite thru Congress he`s saying nothing to no body. He even told his new neighbors he works out of garadge alot and was Jahovas Witness so they wouldn`t nose around!! They see him in driveway and they run!
:thumb: :peace:

There are a few android apps out there and my wife is currently working on one as well. There are not any iPhone apps for growing because Apple will not approve them.

As for the security thing, Android separates all apps from one another so that no app can access information to and from other apps without being called by that app. I do a poor job of explaining that but I hope you get the idea.

Hosebomber let me know when the wife finishes that app, I'd love to test it out.

Is it possible to trace photos from cell phones with the GPS tag?
They havent covered that on CSI: Miami :thumb:
I would have remembered that episode.

mybuddy said:
Hosebomber let me know when the wife finishes that app, I'd love to test it out.

Is it possible to trace photos from cell phones with the GPS tag?
They havent covered that on CSI: Miami :thumb:
I would have remembered that episode.

I've heard people with iPhone have had that issue. Is it true? Only if they have other proof. Android phoned can be rooted and cleaned of anything that does that. I don't even use my comp when on 420mag I use my phone.

I have a set of Revo cameras that monitor my grow. One of the cameras is set to look at my Sentinel CHHC4 controller. I can access the cameras from my Iphone with a Revo app.
I cannot adjust anything, but I can see what my Room temp,humidity and CO2 ppm is at at any time. Damn nice.

That`s sounds real cool, never know when something can happen! If you hear power was out in area and your out of house/grow area. Whap!! a quick check and you now if your stuffs OK. I have lost 10 plants once, lost power for 25 hours while out. 10 5wk.old fem sour desiel`s 8 lived, scrawny and hermied out. No Bad intended, but a quick peek at right time and if you see the law. You get a head start!! No bad vipes!! PEACE MAN!!
:thanks::peace:

Theres an app on the android market its called grow app its amazing you can have a daily journal and take pics. also energy calculator, how to's, unit converter, Nute prob. solver, Ext. look it up its great!

Back
Top Bottom