Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trigger-420

Thread: How tall does White Widow Get?

  1. #1
    420 Member trigger-420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    80

    How tall does White Widow Get?

    hey hey feller farmers. I had a quick question. I was just wondering how tall White widow will get Indoors. In soil. How tall on average?
    MY CURRENT ONGOING JOURNALS

    My Current Medicine Cabinet Project

    "One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be."

  2. #2
    420 Member Malcolm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Country
    Posts
    131

    Re: How tall does White Widow Get?

    White Widow is predominently Sativa with a percentage of 60/40% Indica. Indoors it finishes between 56-70 days, 70-84 outdoors. The Indica genetics make it a compact plant of medium height about 5-6', hope this helps...
    Malcolm...

  3. #3
    420 Member trigger-420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    80

    Re: How tall does White Widow Get?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    White Widow is predominently Sativa with a percentage of 60/40% Indica. Indoors it finishes between 56-70 days, 70-84 outdoors. The Indica genetics make it a compact plant of medium height about 5-6', hope this helps...
    Malcolm...
    You answered my question and also added a little more information to my arsenal. thanks much man.
    MY CURRENT ONGOING JOURNALS

    My Current Medicine Cabinet Project

    "One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be."

  4. #4
    420 Member OrganicTreees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    the Herb Jungle
    Posts
    435

    Re: How tall does White Widow Get?

    depends on the white widow.. do you have the original white widow? The original is said to be mostly sativa, but it seems like everyone is putting out a white widow now, they're all completely different genetics. I have some white widow from nirvana, and its mostly indica, doesn;t stretch much at all, flowered at 12" it gets to be around 20" with tight indica buds.
    Personal Strain Bank: [in rotation]
    OG Kush #18, Afghan Kush, Cheese, Northern Light Blue, THC Bomb, Super Lemon Haze, Hawaiian Snow, Aurora Indica, Master Kush, White Widow, Wonder Woman, G13 Haze, Malawi Gold, Super Diesel, Purple Bud, Big Bud #2, Killing Fields F3, Cheeseberry Haze

    I like to collect seeds from all over the world

  5. #5
    420 Member trigger-420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    80

    Re: How tall does White Widow Get?

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicTreees View Post
    depends on the white widow.. do you have the original white widow? The original is said to be mostly sativa, but it seems like everyone is putting out a white widow now, they're all completely different genetics. I have some white widow from nirvana, and its mostly indica, doesn;t stretch much at all, flowered at 12" it gets to be around 20" with tight indica buds.
    I ordered through Nirvana as well. so i guess i can look forward to 20" tops then? that sounds about perfect for my medicine cabinet. thank you.
    MY CURRENT ONGOING JOURNALS

    My Current Medicine Cabinet Project

    "One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be."

  6. #6
    420 Member OrganicTreees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    the Herb Jungle
    Posts
    435

    Re: How tall does White Widow Get?

    as long as you flower it at a foot, mine typically don't stretch much, a little under twice the size when you first change the lights. I've seen different phenos that do different things, but for the most part I've had mostly indica widows form Nirvana. They didn't yield that well either. I'm phasing the strain out right now.. As far as Nirvana strains go, it's my least favorite from them and I've grown 5 of their strains so far.

    Don't get me wrong though, the quality is great, its very narcotic, a nice heavy indica stone. Nothing bad to say about the high. My lady doesn't like it because she finds it to be too strong and overpowering.. She looses focus and can't keep her mind straight.. I personally can function just fine under it, but everyone has their experiences.
    Personal Strain Bank: [in rotation]
    OG Kush #18, Afghan Kush, Cheese, Northern Light Blue, THC Bomb, Super Lemon Haze, Hawaiian Snow, Aurora Indica, Master Kush, White Widow, Wonder Woman, G13 Haze, Malawi Gold, Super Diesel, Purple Bud, Big Bud #2, Killing Fields F3, Cheeseberry Haze

    I like to collect seeds from all over the world

  7. #7
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,474

    Re: How tall does White Widow Get?

    It all depends on how long you veg her. If you veg for 6 weeks until she's 2 feet tall and then flower her she will end up being a 5 1/2 footer.

    However, if you flower her when she's 8 inches tall she will likely end as a single cola plant in the 2' range.

    A good rule of thumb: expect a 2.5 to 3x stretch when you flower your vegging plants.

    Best of luck.

  8. #8
    420 Member trigger-420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    80

    Re: How tall does White Widow Get?

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicTreees View Post
    as long as you flower it at a foot, mine typically don't stretch much, a little under twice the size when you first change the lights. I've seen different phenos that do different things, but for the most part I've had mostly indica widows form Nirvana. They didn't yield that well either. I'm phasing the strain out right now.. As far as Nirvana strains go, it's my least favorite from them and I've grown 5 of their strains so far.

    Don't get me wrong though, the quality is great, its very narcotic, a nice heavy indica stone. Nothing bad to say about the high. My lady doesn't like it because she finds it to be too strong and overpowering.. She looses focus and can't keep her mind straight.. I personally can function just fine under it, but everyone has their experiences.
    based off what you have said bro, let me ask you this: I have a bad back. My C1, C2 and C3 are shot. I am getting ready to more than likely have them fused. what strain would be best, in your mind, for pain relief of my lower lumbar region. I love a good high just like the next guy, but would much rather have a pain relief that i can function on. I usually only take 2-3 tokes and thats it.

    Was i good in choosing the WW strian? with its Narcotic characteristics?
    MY CURRENT ONGOING JOURNALS

    My Current Medicine Cabinet Project

    "One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be."

  9. #9
    420 Member trigger-420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    80

    Re: How tall does White Widow Get?

    Quote Originally Posted by 420fied View Post
    However, if you flower her when she's 8 inches tall she will likely end as a single cola plant in the 2' range.
    Best of luck.
    what is that bro. whats it mean when you say "single cola"?
    MY CURRENT ONGOING JOURNALS

    My Current Medicine Cabinet Project

    "One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be."

  10. #10
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43

    Re: How tall does White Widow Get?

    the cola is the main bud thats at the top of the plant and is the biggest

  11. #11
    420 Member OrganicTreees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    the Herb Jungle
    Posts
    435

    Re: How tall does White Widow Get?

    Quote Originally Posted by trigger-420 View Post
    based off what you have said bro, let me ask you this: I have a bad back. My C1, C2 and C3 are shot. I am getting ready to more than likely have them fused. what strain would be best, in your mind, for pain relief of my lower lumbar region. I love a good high just like the next guy, but would much rather have a pain relief that i can function on. I usually only take 2-3 tokes and thats it.

    Was i good in choosing the WW strian? with its Narcotic characteristics?
    yeah any time I smoke white widow it's very numbing.. It's a balanced high, but after the initial 30 mins it settles into an indica body stone, where you will find your most pain relief. If you're looking for more pain relief, don't skip out on the cure, and let her grow an extra week once she is ready. You will be very happy with the smoke.

    Best of luck during your grow, I hope the medicine works for you
    Personal Strain Bank: [in rotation]
    OG Kush #18, Afghan Kush, Cheese, Northern Light Blue, THC Bomb, Super Lemon Haze, Hawaiian Snow, Aurora Indica, Master Kush, White Widow, Wonder Woman, G13 Haze, Malawi Gold, Super Diesel, Purple Bud, Big Bud #2, Killing Fields F3, Cheeseberry Haze

    I like to collect seeds from all over the world