Noob

Jimmy77

So this is my first grow and ive been looking into and doing a bit of research before I started. Since im only growing to smoke, and its my first time growing and im on a budget, I decided to go with some female plants (feminized seeds). I got 1 autoflowering feminized northern lights, and 1 feminized sour candy. I germed my seeds on January 30th and they both took about 48 hours to finish germing so I planted them. Were now 33 days into the actual grow and im starting to worry. My NL isnt as big as I thought it would be after 33 days because its an auto, I'll have a pretty bad picture of it down below, I dont have a good camera. But what im mainly worried about is the sex. I know they were feminized seeds but I was told that they may herm or something, but because of my phones bad camera quality, I cant get a picture of what the flower things look like. But if it helps, it does look likes its a female, it doesnt have the big pollen sacks it has two little green pistils coming from some creases in the plants stem, but there are no little white hairs, that, and for 33 days of growing its only about 6 inches tall. My sour candy is around like, 3 inches tall but its not an auto. Maybe somethings up, or maybe im just sketchin'... either way its un-settling. I have a few skunk x hindu kush seeds in my drawer but i'd rather not grow some super odoury weed in my house. But if theres anything you know that can help that'd be great, or comment on what a shitty job im doing, thats cool too. Thanks a lot guys, I'll prolly be on here quite bit, but thanks for the help and support.
045dj.jpg

From the looks of your picture you need to get that in a bigger pot, its running out of room/nutrients to grow. What and how much lighting are you using? As far as the sex goes i dont think it looks mature enough to tell from the pictures yet.

I did move it into another pot, and also had to take off 2 more dead leaves on it but not important ones, im only using 1 15 watt T8, people told me that would be sufficient, and no nutrients. Where I live theres no store around me that sold them im pretty sure, but the soil I picked up had a sufficient amount, so they say. It just seems that every few inches the plant grows, it loses the leaves on the very bottom. And im down to the leaves that have the pistils on them now. It's going at a steady rate to grow some, and lose some leaves, and if its just gonna keep on doing that, I dont think I could wait another month to transplant it my area is too crowded... When the money comes, definatly buying a better light.

while a 15 watt t8 will keep it alive for now, i dont think it will complete... and if it does, maybe 1-2 grams..

i would get a 4 pack of 23-26watt 2700k cfls (i say 2700k, casue its probably getting close to flowering) OR , 2 6500k cfls, and 2 2700k cfls (probably your best option)

that will cost you roughly $15, then get 2 Y sockets (1.59 each) , and 2 lamp holders (2.99 each)

so for about $25 you will have 100 watts on them, instead of 15, and probably yield closer to 20-30 grams (depending on how well they go and how well you position the lights)

well worth the investment IMO.

I've got around $50 to spend for it so tommorow I'll go out and check to see whats up. But if I buy a better light or something, would that stop the bottom leaves from falling? Thats my main concern. Like, is it just not enough light is hitting them or is it just because im using a bad light now?

its becasue there isnt enough light. and because there isnt enough light, your plant is killing off the leaves that arnt doing anything, to attempt to get good new growth with the energy it can harness

average rule of thumb, is 100 watts per plant, or as a minimum 100 watts for the first plant and 50 watts for each plant extra.

but more than that is always better.

but being that size, i would say no less than 75 watts, bare minimum..

i have found with CFL's (when using 100% 2700k in flower) yield ranges from .2 - .4 grams per watt. (depends on strain, stress factors, etc... i'v seen a perfect cfl grow, push .45g per watt, but im thinking that is probably the best anyone can do with them)

so going from 15 watts, to 100 watts, should increase your yield from around a few grams, to around an ounce.

remember, 6500k are for veg, and 2700k for flower, however, if you are that tight on money, go half and half, so you dont have to switch them out... you will loose a little yield, but they should produce a little more resin if you go half and half.

good luck :)

Seriously? Damn... I did go out and buy a 75 watt HPS light, its the only thing they had, but if thats the bare minimum... I wish I wouldve looked into this before hand, if the bare minimum should be 75 for one, ive got 75 on 2 two plants, my northern lights and my sour candy, my sour candy isnt that far along, but if it has to be 75 for 1 plant, would I have to get rid of my other plant? The light has been on them for a few days now, and it looks like theyre doing good, but whatever you recommend that would get me the highest yield... even if I have to take down my second plant. I dont know where my cord is for my phone to take a few pictures, but they've both grown quite a bit, and they both look healthy, they're both female, but if you say its better for the yield to take down a plant, I guess that's what has to happen.

dont take it down, just get some supplimental CFL's in there, 6500k preferably.

if you take it down, it wont increase yeild.

it will increase yeild for one plant, as it has more space to grow while still being under the light, where as if you have two, you'll probably get the same yeild, but over 2 plants instead of 1.

so.... for $15 of cfl's you could double your wattage, and get some more of a return... and if you use the 6500k's youll get slightly more resin production in flower, and tighter, better growth in veg.

just dont expect to yeild a crazy amount.

you could use just the 75 hps as well, but, i would recommend upgrading to a 150.

also, dont veg long... soon as they can flower, flower them, you dont really have a lot of light to work with.

another thing you could do, would be get another 75 watter, and run them both... but for your wallet, and growths sake... i would throw in some cfls.

Back
Top Bottom