Advice on 125w solar glo for flowering?

sausage200723

i have a 125w solar glo exo terra bulb will this be good for flowering
one plant at a time it is full spectrum but dont know if it will be any good

advice please if any thanks

Re: advice on 125w solar glo for flowering ??

id like to find out too, i've always wondered if sun lamps for reptiles would work for growing.

Hey sausage200723, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!
I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there... Dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting, they will assist you in navigating the forum.

Here are some other links that you should check out:

Our mission statement: Mission Statement
Questions: Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine
Uploading photos: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
How to grow: How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine
MMJ lounge: Medical Marijuana Lounge - 420 Magazine
News: International Cannabis News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana News - 420 Magazine
Hemp News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana Scientific Data - 420 Magazine
Help support the cause: Please Help Support 420 Magazine
One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals - 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering!

:Namaste:

i have a 125w solar glo exo terra bulb will this be good for flowering
one plant at a time it is full spectrum but dont know if it will be any good

advice please if any thanks

id like to find out too, i've always wondered if sun lamps for reptiles would work for growing.

I'm certainly no expert on these things...but I'll share my thoughts. I looked that bulb up real quick, and it appears to be an incandescent bulb. Generally incandescents aren't much use to growers, because a very high percentage of the wattage is wasted in heat.

I'll give you an example of this wasted energy. A CFL that puts out roughly the same amount of light as a 100 watt incandescent is only 23 watts. That means more than 75% of your wattage for incandescent lighting is just making heat.

The main limiting factor for an indoor grow is light. Our plants, if given everything else they need, will not only handle, but will thrive, under way more light than we can usually deliver.

Now the other side of that, is that ideal temps without CO2 enrichment is between 70-80º F during daylight hours. Temps in the 90s will slow growth, and temps in the high 90s will all but stop growth for most strains, and can damage the plant.

I don't think you could get the plant anywhere near enough light, and still keep your temps in check. I don't think there's much point to even looking at the color temperature and light spectrums if you can't deliver enough light.

By the way... I'm sure these bulbs are excellent for what they were designed for. Reptiles, being cold-blooded need the radiant heat provided by the bulb...our plants don't.

Anyway, like I said those are just my thoughts!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom