Pistils changing amber 4th week flower

sausage200723

all the tops are starting to to turn amber colour but its only the 4th week of my organic flowering is this finishing early cos the flowers havent started swelling yet just turning colour bit worried about it dont want to feel like iv wasted my time

Re: pistels changing amber 4th week flower

How long is yur flowering time ?

Some strains can finsh early growing conditions are near perfect ?

What your plant is saying its just getting ready for the good stuff :circle-of-love:

My own plant/cutting started having pistil going amber around week 6 to 7 bearing in mind i've got a max total flowering peroid of 10 weeks as it said on the seed packet, its only really been the last week up to week 8 when the bud started to swell up & gain size... i still have another 2 weeks to go.

Personally i like my pistils near 100% amber, this is all just individual preference how we or you like our bud :cheer: i also like to watch trichome colour with a small pocket microscope.

so is this plant or plants autoflowers?

are the pistels cahanging colors or are the trichomes changing color. with out pics its hard to say what you are talking about. different types have different colors of buds. so what kind are you growing, how long have they been in veg and flower and what is your lighting? lots of variables. happy 420:420:

Re: Pistels changing amber 4th week flower

I wouldn't judge by pistils. Though they might behave consistently for a given strain, the pistils don't necessarily change with the trichomes, and it's the trichome color that matters. Pistil change color when the plant gives up on that flower. Most plants are busy growing new ones elsewhere when this happens, so it's a good sign, but unless you already 'know' a strain you won't get an accurate harvest window that way. Use a scope and look at trichomes. Trichomes change as the cannabinoids inside degrade into other cannabinoids. THC max is in the middle of that chain of changes. They will start crystal clear, then cloud up, then they start to change to amber. Cloudy is good, some amber will be more indica-like. Clear is too early, and all amber may be too late. The strain and personal taste will also influence the decision.

:peace:

fields of amber means harvest time, after that you get stupid long high. Before the fields of amber you get energy high. At least that is what my gardens tell me.
Good luck!!
happy 420

Start staring!! I'm going to do the same right now with the same question!!! WHEN!

I have a couple of fast flowering strains that the hairs turn early. My CSSH and TGA 3D both turn early in flower.

Delicious Seed's Critical Super Silver Haze at day 29, but she is a special 48 day flowering pheno.

IMG_62081.JPG

hi yeh its the pistols that are turning not the trycs so all must be good the flower time is 10/12 weeks i think on slh but am just watchin at the min before i make any rash decisions on chopping but like said its her 4th week so shouldnt have any problems really

Back
Top Bottom