Little seed in calyx - Normal or not?

buckyohare

I'm 2 weeks 4 days from harvest decided to open up one of the calyx and found a seed. These are all over the place at the beginning of all the nodes.

There are no males.

Is it normal?
If not how's this possible?

20120830_194637.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/20120830_194909.jpg

Re: Little seed in calyx. Normal or not.

These have not been under any stress at all and no light leaks. What should i do?

"Just keep growing" I'm not sure that's a good idea, wont they just become really seedy.
They are feminized pure power plant so i think its just genetic. I have about 100 plants at all different stages of growth and all the ones old enough are showing signs of this.
Its a bummer because of the months of work i've put in. Just gonna get normal seeds and start over i think.

"Just keep growing" I'm not sure that's a good idea, wont they just become really seedy.
They are feminized pure power plant so i think its just genetic. I have about 100 plants at all different stages of growth and all the ones old enough are showing signs of this.
Its a bummer because of the months of work i've put in. Just gonna get normal seeds and start over i think.

look for the hermies and remove them or determine if all plants are hermies then decide

Is it normal?

20120830_194637.jpg

Those are calyxs & quite normal, i've even got em on my plants but with out seeds in em...

If feminized seeds, likely chance that its hermie on ya for some reason or the other which may by related to some form of stressful growing enviroment.

You could check the calyxs in the bud to see if any seeds have formed than the ones on the stem !

Also carefully inspection of pistil developement of all buds to see if bananas have formed... any unusual pistils.

Could be harvested early if near late flowering before resin/thc is effected by hermie trait, leaving it to late may well effect over all qualitie of bud.

As a precuation of any other plants which may be in veg... wash down entire grow area/equipment with a diluted solution of bleach & rinse down any plants in veg under the shower to remove any pollen.

A note on hermie plants - so they say they produce all female seeds tho ! appearently when a plant hermies and seeds are formed it miss's out one of the X or Y cromosomes to make the seeds female... thats the bright side of the story tho :thumb:

Thanks for the info fuzzy duck.

Due to the perfect growing environment they have at the mo my conclusion is because they are were feminized i just got one that's destined to Hermie.
I'm just gonna get a different strain of non feminized and start to put them in after i have confirmed that this one wont.
Just wish i could get clones from someone who's growing some bad ass bud.

I'm thinking Ed Rosenthal super bud.

Back
Top Bottom