I have a plant strain unknown, it has been above ground for a week tomorow. Only a inch a half, I already has its 4th strue leaves and also branches are strting to grow inbetween the 3rd and 4th branch. The really interesting thing is that the 1st set of true leaves has 3 blades and then the 3rd is one huge leaf but the other side spilt into 2 blades, but you can tel it shoulda been 1. 4th set of leaves has 5 blades and back to the branches coming out. Weird? Or is it a certain stain? It looks as if it could be a hybrid. I seen a website that specify srains by leafs and there shape.

Grow lights used 4ft 4x 54w HO T5
Soil Scotts/Coco Coir
Feeding = ran water, bottled water [store bought] ad super thrive

Not around my computer to upload pics but will asap.

Here are pictures of the plant
IMG_0013_1_1.JPG

IMG_0010_1_2.JPG

Extra branching between 3rd and 4th set of leaves
IMG_0009_1_3.JPG

IMG_0008_1_1.JPG

First set of leaves has 3 blades, NORMAL??????
IMG_0007_1_3.JPG

five blades on 3rd set of leaves
IMG_0005_1_3.JPG

Let me know what you guys think of this growth rate, also ill be starting a journal on this grow with 4 others.

check PH of soil...too acidic and rich will mutate a plant.
how well does the soil dry after watering, is the soil too dense?

also looks like there might be a little heat burn/nute burn.

i would flush the hell out of the soil just to be safe and check its PH (before and after)

The water drys very fast, i dont water that much dont want to over water. The PH soil tester I have right now sucks. Everything reads 7 so I wouldnt know until I get my new PH meter in the mail. Dont know which brand to go with. I havent given it nutes yet. Its most likely heat burn or salt build up and thats mostly caused by low humidity because im working with T5 54w 4ft 4bulb and that doesnt produce enough heat. I recently took them out of the fishtank so that was heat stress and low humidity. I would flush but its in 16fl oz foam cups, would that even be enough? I also added more coco coir and i saw that the root growth was huge. i think it might be root bound by the end of next week.

seems like you got just about everything dialed in ok.

my money is still on PH. those soil meters aint worth crap in my opinion, its what i went with and mine always says 7 too, which is a blatant lie as i use 2 different soils and the bags themselves tell me my newer soil is at least half a PH more acidic than the older one. ive even burned a plant using PH down before and the meter still read 7, lol.

Ive had a bad grow before and from that I start taking it more serious and made 420 & google my best friend. I just picked up alot of basics then start reading about plants in general. I started a grow journal for my new grow. Link will be at the bottom of this post if you want to check it out. Changed the set up since then and will still be changing a few other things as I go along. I would like other newbies to learn while im learning so Im running a test on different nutes on the grow ive got now.

If it is the PH I wouldnt be able to do anything with out a good reading. Ive been on ebay checking out some meters I found one that has PH & PPM together. Its a blue digital box you may have seen one before. I always PH my bottled water before i feed unless its rain water. I also have stones from outside in the medium. I believe it helps with nutes from the earth that they feed off, cant hurt. Other than that ive just been giving super thrive in every feed. Ill be switching to Hydro any ways in about another week but I wanted to really do soil this time. Only if I get that PH & PPM meter, didnt know how important they were until I ran into the big problem when it was to late. My last grow had a serious magnese and zinc issue. Worse thing to deal with looking at your plants go threw it after all the hard work

seaweed or soil?
the soils i use are westlands gpc with john innes no2 and westlands light and easy 4month (which is too hot for MJ and i will never buy again =/)

as to seaweed i just grab whatever is in the local diy/garden centres. i know some are better than others, but with seaweed, even the cheapest generic organic ones are great.

well pissed at that soil, thought it was some high tech new formulae or something, turned out to be pretty much the same soil with a load of slow release pellets in it...i could have done that myself =/

Thanks, yea I was talking about the seaweed. I see ppl on 420 talking about that stuff all the time our so im trying to see what its all about. And for the soil I just use Coco Coir mixed and mix it in any soil I use. No special kind of any really. But coco is great for hydro and soil. It holds moisture and also is organic. So it really balance out your nutes/ferts when you feed. Plus if you ever had a pest problem just put dry coco on top of your medium. bugs wont lay eggs where its not wet or moist. Ive been using it so far in every medium. Its cheap to and it expands in water so a small brick will turn into 1 1/2 bags of soil. You should check it out. Im about to check out your journal i like seeing and reading what other ppl got going on

hi man.. looks like a salt buildup.. u use tap water?

To high a PH blocks iron uptake and will be seen as yellowing in top growth and/or spindly "Abnormal Unique Leaf Growth" (lower the PH) can take from 3 to 21 days to recover!:thedoubletake:

I just had this problem planting in old "not properly cleaned" hydro pellets.. Flushed the hell out of them(ph5,5), and gave them time to recover "this was ind hydroponic" toke me 7 days

Do ur pots have drain holes?

nutrient-ph-range.jpg

hi man.. looks like a salt buildup.. u use tap water?

To high a PH blocks iron uptake and will be seen as yellowing in top growth and/or spindly "Abnormal Unique Leaf Growth" (lower the PH) can take from 3 to 21 days to recover!:thedoubletake:

I just had this problem planting in old "not properly cleaned" hydro pellets.. Flushed the hell out of them(ph5,5), and gave them time to recover "this was ind hydroponic" toke me 7 days

Do ur pots have drain holes?

nutrient-ph-range.jpg

Hey man thanks for the info. Yea I figured it was a salt build up. I dont use tap water just rain water and bottled water. Ill be moving them into hydro soon so should I still flush? I wanted to wait a second week. Theres drain holes at the bottom of the foam cups. They seem to feed alot because the medium is always dry by the next day. there in scotts soil/coco coir 50/50. Im also waiting on my PH meter to come because the one I have now is cheap and reads 7 with everything so I dont want to put PH down for soil or PH up and I dont know where the soil really is. I dont want to make it worse. I dont pellets though in my hydro, I use coco coir.

hey bro just a quick one...some people find this amusing but its remarkably accurate.

shred up some red cabbage as fine as you can and boil it to death in a small amount of water...if you can get water that is PH neutral thats the best for sure.

it works exactly as litmus liquid would...go on make some and try it out on some alkelai and acids and you will see....then if you can find something with a PH the same as you want for your soil you can use it as a benchmark. i think 6.3 water was mentioned somewhere...

you did say you like out of the box thinking right? lol

hey bro just a quick one...some people find this amusing but its remarkably accurate.

shred up some red cabbage as fine as you can and boil it to death in a small amount of water...if you can get water that is PH neutral thats the best for sure.

it works exactly as litmus liquid would...go on make some and try it out on some alkelai and acids and you will see....then if you can find something with a PH the same as you want for your soil you can use it as a benchmark. i think 6.3 water was mentioned somewhere...

you did say you like out of the box thinking right? lol

Thats what we here for "Out of the Box Thinking" lol So make that tea and just poor it in my soil with a PH of 6.3 and that should get my soils PH together?

no.

that 'tea' is litmus equivelant. you add a few drops to a small amount of liquid be it water or vinigar e.t.c and it will change colour to indicate the PH of the liquid your trying to measure, for example the water you feed your plants. put a little in a cup and add a little cabbage water and watch it change colour. the new colour is pretty accurate to the PH of the water =)

no.

that 'tea' is litmus equivelant. you add a few drops to a small amount of liquid be it water or vinigar e.t.c and it will change colour to indicate the PH of the liquid your trying to measure, for example the water you feed your plants. put a little in a cup and add a little cabbage water and watch it change colour. the new colour is pretty accurate to the PH of the water =)

OH! Lucky I asked I woulda messed myu whole crop up hahaha. But I already have a liquid PH tester from my hydro set so ive been using that to measure the PH of my water after the solution is added to make sure its inbetween 5.5 - 6.5. I actually like it 5.5. Soil to me is harder to control because your working on its time. Hydro you can change PH problems right there and just wait for the new growth. I just need to get the right stuff for Lowering and Raising PH in soil. Ill be good when I get my hands on that stuff plus my new PH meter. Thanks for the neat trick though. If I run out of my PH solution Ill be sure to use that as my back up :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom