Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Making Rick Simpson Oil from Moldy Weed - Botrytis

Re: Making Rick Simpson oil from moldy weed (Botrytis)

You were just "smoking bud", you were not treating Cancer with medicine. Nor did you have any kind of scientific equipment connected to you showing exactly what changes were occurring in your body on a molecular level, while doing so.

If it's moldy, throw it away. That is our professional and experienced advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
    I've actually smoked a slightly moldy bud before and it got me just as high as the rest of the batch ... Also i had no negative side effects from doing so ... just like to put that out there :D

Yeh i totally agree ... it was a one off experience as i just wanted to see what it would be like ... i havent done it since ...

Keep high, stay safe and healthy

Love to all x
    420 and Fuzzy Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dogno View Post
    yea i would never smoke moldy pot, i just tought that the oil would be much safer because the method involves very high temperatures and whatever, and because the oil itself is anti-poisonous(and also from what i understand the stomach is a bitch for the mold compared to the lungs). oh well.
    @fuzzyduck yeah i know that indoors is the only way i would be able to grow without mold, but i couldnt do it this year :(

Believe or not THC is destroyed at a high temperature... even smoking a spliff destroys a large majority of the good stuff !

So what you inhale is only a minority of the potential of the bud

I prefer edibles myself

At the end of day growing is part of the learning curve whether out doors or indoors & that mold either powdery mildew or bud rot may effect an indoor environment if the growing conditions are poor humidity wise !

To help ease your loss...

I once did not properly slow air dry some bud before curing & i forgot to burp the jar one morning whilst being late for work & with in a day the bud had turned moldy... much to my dispair.

That was my 2nd grow, some 2 to 3 oz was disposed off with out much of a second thought... i don't take chances on health as i have more concerning matters at hand.

Not only did that mistake cost me in utility bills (electric) for the duration of that grow it also cost me the additional cost of self meds/smoke from other sources for the next couple of months... a costly exercise at my expense !

The motto of this story -
    One learns from mistakes & improves for the next grow
    We are a culture fully immersed in the ideology that truth is what we see and what we hear. Yet we hire lawyers to manipulate truth, we hire PR and marketing firms to create truth, and we hire investigators and private detectives to uncover truth. The problem to which I am affected every day is truth in the cannabis industry.

Totally agree again ... We ALL learn from previous experiences and mistakes.

Thanks 420
    420 likes this.

Re: Making Rick Simpson Oil from Moldy Weed - Botrytis

Better to be safe than to quell desperation. Unless you know what portions are salvageable I agree do not bother. I am allergic to penicillin and many other mold/fungi/bacteria , I sneeze when I smoke hermi bud and my eyes water and turn red with irritation , moldy bud makes me sick in the throat , a burning itchy sensation that feels like it sticks. When I am desperate I tend to do stupid things though like continue to smoke the moldy bud , without any form of medication I am kinda not cool bears ya know? I am thankful I have a good dispensary that has never provided any products with flaws like that , but myself well I had some borderline flawed products from improper drying or improper containment of quantity for transport (Air tight bags) and have to deal with mildew and if trimming tons of bud run out of time in a hurry and watch pounds mold up and go bye bye. I hate to admit that I have done that , sitting in a living room with a few other people and a couple hundred pounds pile of un manicured raw bud trimming like fools then discovering moldy buds and panicking and trying to salvage more by working faster even resorting to oven purging. Makes yer hair fall out..... Makes your home stench of mildew too.... Best to play it safe.
    Outdoor 2014 pep talkin and preppin for a great season! Help discuss pro's and con's and please share experiences and opinions
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/gr...worldwide.html

Magical Butter Recipes and versatility. Look up Magical Butter on Facebook and enter on their weekly/monthly machine giveaways!
    http://magicalbutter.com/recipes

Growology Cannabis specific Nutrient line up 1+2+3!
    http://www.doggettsimpson.com/

SNS Pest Control products
    http://sierranaturalscience.com/prod...ral-pesticides

Pro Mix products
    http://www.pthorticulture.com/en/total/

If you substitute marijuana for tobacco and alcohol, you'll add eight to 24 years to your life.
    Jack Herer

I also had just a little bit of molded buds from not burping my jar enough. Didn't amount to much weight after quick dry but I still couldn't bring myself to just throw it out.
    In turn I made up the diff. of an ounce with trims and made RSO from it. In retrospect, I think it was less than a smart move and I should have just deep sixed it. Now I have 10cc's of RSO that may or may not be safe. (I really surprise myself at just how impulsive I can be at times.) I'll probably pitch the whole batch now. lol

Nug of the Month Winner - March 2013 Member of the Month Winner - November 2013 Buckshot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

These folks are talking about the truth... mold can make you sick or kill you

having said that I have smoked many zips of Moroccan hash

have a look what it is made from

as you can see by the sheds of moldy pot it doesn't really matter to them

I have a big plant that got mold. I am cutting off any buds with mold and chopping up the rest for bubble. I am very careful and inspect each bud as it is chopped. This does not stop some from maybe getting in the process. My product is used only by me and given what I have ingested over the years what I am making is like a virgin snowfall but in reality it is still like Russian roulette

Whatever you do, do it only to yourself.

Buck
    Dr Pepper and dogno like this.
    My journal

Evolving feeding routine

“Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!”

― George Washington

420 Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    These folks are talking about the truth... mold can make you sick or kill you

having said that I have smoked many zips of Moroccan hash

have a look what it is made from

as you can see by the sheds of moldy pot it doesn't really matter to them

I have a big plant that got mold. I am cutting off any buds with mold and chopping up the rest for bubble. I am very careful and inspect each bud as it is chopped. This does not stop some from maybe getting in the process. My product is used only by me and given what I have ingested over the years what I am making is like a virgin snowfall but in reality it is still like Russian roulette

Whatever you do, do it only to yourself.

Buck
    funny that you mention moroccan hash, cause thats the best you can get in italy without growing xD.
    ofc in fall / winter you can find some hermie, if you're lucky. hermie plants are so convenient(since they make hermie seeds you can just plant them over and over again) you cant find sensimilla in italy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12