Can U prune while in flower mode?

mzxsdi600

i just switched my green to 12/12 to start flowing . But I have a few large leafs near the tops ( 2-4 leafs per top are 2x larger ). should I remove them or ?
Strain -Wht widow fem
plants are 7-8 weeks old.
iIn soil( sea compost, verticulite, potting soil,) , 200w led ufo, 2x florence wht lights (for veg stage),Organic fertilizer's.

The cutting's have been smooth and tasty.Mild bzz , but so much better than none !
I keep getting better, every time I Post !

Thanks to the team @ 420 :420:
j
IMG_054723.JPG

Thanks Light Addict,
Here's were I am now ( 3rd week flower), my 2 back plants have some wilt leaves ( good green leaves) .
What's ur take at this time ?
I am also looking to upgrade my lighting to some type of LED (COB, reflextive,cree, etc....), but totally confused ( current light-150w UFO, LED).

Thanks
J
DSCF002716.JPG

hello
any changes to a plant in the flowering stage usually creates some type of stress to the plant. stress in the flowering stage is very hard on the plant and will stunt grownt, extend flowering time, reduce the potiency, ect. most of its energy has been redirected to the flowering stage of said plant. the flowering stage is the last place you want any stress, the plant isn't able to bounce back in this stage! bend them carefully out of the way, bending is a wonderful cheap trick!
more light is always better. keep the temps and watering cycles consistant, day time temps and night time temps. can differ but not drasticly. stress.
don't stress yourself, this is a great place with lots of love for the plant, most members will help you just have to ask.
peace and have a good day

the plants need leaves for photosynthesis
especially in flower if you cut too many leaves its gonna want to replace it and youll end up with leafy buds
even in artificial light you want as much foliage as possible
maybe one or 2 here and there if its really covering something you want light on of if its sitting on a bud
some people believe in heavy defoliation
you slow down growth and itll want to replace the leaves

if you have the scratch a couple lights come to mind in the way of led for your space the cheapest powerhouse i know of is the light im using in my 6.0 journal its around 250 bones and cover a little over a 3foot by 3foot square rather well big bang for your bux with this light it will run from seed to harvest and is as simple as it gets hang it plug it in and done,a timer would be good i does need to be a couple feet above the plants due to its intensity it uses 5watt diodes and is very bright, heres a link mars 2 400 and heres their big boy mars II1200
now if you want bigger they offer a wide selection, but theres also another sponsor im excited about in the led light area budmaster II is a bit more pricy but worth it they offer a good selection and even the guts to build your own custom lights they use a 1 power supply to 1 light cluster redundant system thats very noteworthy since if god forbid a dieoed goes out or a power supply only that single cluster stops working rather than half or your whole light you can get replacement parts and swap them out without even taking the light down its all accessible from the exterior this is the budmaster II 675xg im using and its kicking butt and a lower priced model that can cover up to 3x3ft area budmaster II300xg right now it appears my budmaster 675xg is outperforming my 600watt hps at only about 400watts power draw and it runs much cooler and the trichomb coverage is amazing i have noticed a big improvement in quality with led vs hps seems hps is kinda hard on the trichs anyway i know these 2 sponsors will takes good care of you and tell em bid sent you! lol

BID thanks !
Wow , I am glad to be part of this forum. I continue to grow (LOL) and learn from some of the Greats. This is my first grow and presently using a 150w UFO (1x3wx50), locally made.
I am leaning towards budmaster II with a 4x2x5 tent(just received today). Can only get 3 nice plants indoors ,but happy with growth.
Again thanks for steering me the right way.
P.S- The sponsors are spot on !
420 Rocks
J

I have been on some sponsor site's and one (Mar II 400watt) light ask me to pick a spectrum (red / white -flowering & blue / white- vege ) ?
Thought these to be full spectrum ? Or do I misunderstand full spectrum ?
my 2nd pick is -Budmaster II 300-xg .
Totally confused ??
J

Lol...i defoliate, trim plant all through its life,,extra heavy in flowering, it does not stress plant if properly trained, it does not slow down growth, defoliation when done correctly only increases light penetration and yield. I have done side bye side experiments, plant that r properly de leafed are healthuer, larger yielding plants. It promotes signifigant growth to primary bud sites , no popcorn bud, all evenly lighted colas..

It's a balance. If they are covering a bud-site, cut them off, but expect your flowering time to increase somewhat. If they are just fan leaves that aren't getting in the way, leave them alone.

I personally think the idea that you shouldn't remove fan leaves at all in flower is a bit archaic now, it's been pretty much universally proven that it has no real detrimental effect on the plant when done in moderation, and as i said, it will be advantageous if the leaf is covering another bud-site.

I do know this for everyone who thinks a plant needs every single leaf, when you use the SCROG method don't you trim everything under your net.

And they respond by going nuts on the buds :thumb:

I was under the impression major trimming during flowering was the topic.
As your plants grow, they are trimmed, cut, bent, ect. All before flowering for the largest most fragrant flowers.
Sure you can do it anyway you want, the plant is resilient. But there will be less of a plant in every aspect.
2 weeks before flowering is a healing time, absolutely no trimming, bending like an animal brushed against it in the wild is good. Any size flower will stand on its own, I don't care how large they get the stem will take it and more.
When the plant is left alone to do its thing in the flowering stage wonderful thing happen.
Let them be, prune and trim as the plant grows. Every grow is different, trim accordingly. Low light, cut all lower stems that grow spindly. The plant will thank you, it takes a lot of energy to grow low light flowers while maintaining proper upper growth and potency.
It does matter especially with low . Light systems.
Taste size smell all working together, don't cut anything it will mess up the plants rhythm. Causing stress, Grant it it's not going to kill it but why defeat all the work so far.

I was under the impression major trimming during flowering was the topic.
As your plants grow, they are trimmed, cut, bent, ect. All before flowering for the largest most fragrant flowers.
Sure you can do it anyway you want, the plant is resilient. But there will be less of a plant in every aspect.
2 weeks before flowering is a healing time, absolutely no trimming, bending like an animal brushed against it in the wild is good. Any size flower will stand on its own, I don't care how large they get the stem will take it and more.
When the plant is left alone to do its thing in the flowering stage wonderful thing happen.
Let them be, prune and trim as the plant grows. Every grow is different, trim accordingly. Low light, cut all lower stems that grow spindly. The plant will thank you, it takes a lot of energy to grow low light flowers while maintaining proper upper growth and potency.
It does matter especially with low . Light systems.
Taste size smell all working together, don't cut anything it will mess up the plants rhythm. Causing stress, Grant it it's not going to kill it but why defeat all the work so far.

Guess you never scrog a grow.

Back
Top Bottom