I am a new grower and need Help!

Thenewbie

First off hello to everyone and hope you all are doing well! I am going to start growing in a couple weeks and I most likely will be using a 4 x 4 grow tent and using a 400 watt mh and hps light system for auto-flowering strains, I would like to know how many plants I can fit under that light with the space given and what nutes I should get (I.e. Brands, ect). I will be growing in probably 3-4 gallon pots as I know autos don't get very big, my desired yield is roughly 10 - 16oz as I would like to have a great supply for the in between period. So with all that said I could really use some help from someone who has preferably grown autos and deals with similar space! Thanks guys can't wait to get this thing growing! Oh ya p.s. I could also use a lot of info on seedlings and germination!

high, thenewbie welcome to 420,great,great crowd in here, from pc stealth growers all the way to hundreds of plants commercial guys

for autos I would say maybe 6 in that 4x4, for regular 4(I like some breathing room), other's may put 10 in there.
400 watt in that tent is a little small

10-16 oz from auto?? you will need 8 or so,from what ive been reading they produce 1-2 zips each

instead of getting them all in and off, stagger the start, then you can harvest a plant as needed

as for nutrients -I use advanced ph perfect,3-PART,everyone uses something different
what will you grow in? have you bought anything yet??

Hi thenewbie,

Wanted to swing by and offer a warm welcome to 420 Magazine! :welcome:

I don't grow auto's but have read a few journals by others that have, and must agree with c526 that a 400 watt might be a little small for a 4x4 area. I use a 600 watt in my tent of the same size and even then it is just a bit undersized. The ideal coverage for 600 watts is about 3.5 x 3.5., but the reflective walls of the tent will help maximize the light's effectiveness.

Also agree with the suggestion of staggered starts. I think the beauty of auto's is that you once you dial in the ideal light on/light off time for your particular strain you can stagger the plants and have a harvest on whatever time frame you desire. Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly....etc..

Sorry I can't offer assistance with the strains, nutes, etc.. specific to auto's. I will offer that the site has a helpful search feature located under the "Forums" tab at the top of the screen. This will allow you to search the entire site for a particular topic or keyword.

Be well, happy growing, and again - :welcome: to :420:

First off hello to everyone and hope you all are doing well! I am going to start growing in a couple weeks and I most likely will be using a 4 x 4 grow tent and using a 400 watt mh and hps light system for auto-flowering strains, I would like to know how many plants I can fit under that light with the space given and what nutes I should get (I.e. Brands, ect). I will be growing in probably 3-4 gallon pots as I know autos don't get very big, my desired yield is roughly 10 - 16oz as I would like to have a great supply for the in between period. So with all that said I could really use some help from someone who has preferably grown autos and deals with similar space! Thanks guys can't wait to get this thing growing! Oh ya p.s. I could also use a lot of info on seedlings and germination!
Thank you both for coming to my aid! I havnt bought anything yet so I am open to ideas but would like to try and keep the setup under 4 - $500 thank you!!!

High, thenewbie! Welcome to :420:

I have three autos running right now. under 400w T5 in a 5x5 tent. I feel like my tent could comfortable fit 9 autos, depending on stain. I am hoping to get myself into a 1k in the next month or so. Two will harvest very soon and one is lagging behind a little. Have you looked into Super Soil at all? I buy some stuff called TGA Supersoil. It's pretty sweet. I water once a week as needed start to finish. The only thing I have added is molasses while the autos have been in flower. I have found the supersoil available for purchase online. I'll see if I can scare up a link. It's cool stuff, very easy, and works like a charm.

First off thank you for replying to my post means a lot I have not tried super soil and I will probably go with a 4x4 tent with 600 watt light, do I need those carbon filters?

First off thank you for replying to my post means a lot I have not tried super soil and I will probably go with a 4x4 tent with 600 watt light, do I need those carbon filters?

I would advise seriously considering a filter. I've got some smelly goils on my hands:)

And the filter REALLY works

I live in a house that a good distance from other places and I will put the tent in my basement in my room so I can check daily with no haste so smell isn't a big deal I love the smell of cannabis and if it fills the room that would be awesome! Or is it very overpowering and if I do get one, would I want a 4" or 6" again the space is 4x4 thanks again!

Because you are planning on running an HID, go with the 6". If you are not worried about the smell, save yourself some jing. You can always pick one up later if you find it overpowering.

I would suggest a cool tube for you light hood, and an inline fan. Otherwise you are going to have a vey hard time controlling the temps in your tent. Those lights put off some serious heat. You'll want an oscillating fan to provide a gentle breeze on your plants as well.

Are hid lights ideal or would I be good with other things such as cfls and I saw earlier you said you add molasses how much and for what purpose, also If hids are what you suggest if I get the filter inline fan combo on amazon will I need an additional inline or would the one it comes with be good?

It really all depends on what you are trying to get out of your grow. I am not really an authority on the subject I keep talking about the HID because you mentioned using a 4000w MH/HPS light. People get great results with CFL, LED, and HID. It just depends on what woks best for you in your situation. I am using a T5 fluorescent a friend is loaning me. I am hoping to get my own light soon. I am planning on going with a 1kw HID, most likely with a dimmable ballast so give me control of how much light I am using.

for me, I would go with to 4x4. I'm a bigger is better and know that I would want to go bigger and grow more plants. Plants can get real big. Better yet, get both and then you can veg in the little tent and flower in the big room. Or, use the small tent for like 2 mothers and the big one for flower and veg. A million ways you could go. ;)

And also what kind of light should I use since it's autoflowering, should I just use hps start to finish? And have you ever got seeds from attitude seedbank?

Back
Top Bottom