Making Feminized seeds with DMSO and Colloidal silver

Billyjack

I planted 4 of my freebie seeds and wanted to experiment a bit on making feminized seeds. I was wondering if it the merits of using DMSO with Colloidal silver had been discussed. DMSO is used in pharmaceuticals as a carrier solvent. My non-scientific explanation is, DMSO can pass through cell membranes while attaching itself and bringing along another substance (like colloidal silver). I am going to give it a try to see if it works in a manner that gets the job done faster or with less effort. I will expand on it when I can but I wanted to see if it had already been tried or discussed. Thanks.

Any thoughts, ideas or suggested are always appreciated

my thought is why make something more complicated if its working good already
a lot of people have great success using cs I know your trying to make the effects faster
is what im assuming your thinking about
but part of the reason of doing it with the cs is timing if you look at toker69's thread
How to Make Feminized Seeds With Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro LED
youll see what I mean by the timing
unless your only concern is getting the pollen then I guess the timing wouldn't matter
another thing might help if your not using autos is make clones to seed
what you might like to do is flower a clone first finish it see if you like the genetics before you even waste your time on something you may not want even if it is only for an experiment if it works out in your favor wouldn't you want something youd like to have
instead a bunch of seeds that you don't really want to grow because you didn't like the strain
this is just my thoughts I hope it helps

Go for it!

I'd love to see how it works out!!

An interesting idea, but it may just oxidize the silver, and or have other reactions.

Also tho it could just work, but the silver particles are going to be absorbed already.

DMSO is pretty harsh stuff, and the CS is already stressful, so it could just kill the plant. :/

i have used dmso i find it to be very harsh to my thick leathery skin im very concerned that it would damage the plant and/or cause mutations cs is very gentle and its ionic stasis is very easy to disrupt cs is electrical and not a chemical at all i suspect like toker the dmso would destroy the silver balance and cause the ions/particles to fall out of solution that said im interested is seeing the result if you go thru with it,keep us posted :rocker:

i have used dmso i find it to be very harsh to my thick leathery skin im very concerned that it would damage the plant and/or cause mutations cs is very gentle and its ionic stasis is very easy to disrupt cs is electrical and not a chemical at all i suspect like toker the dmso would destroy the silver balance and cause the ions/particles to fall out of solution that said im interested is seeing the result if you go thru with it,keep us posted :rocker:

I am going to do it, just need to figure out the best way to test everything I want to do.

Back
Top Bottom