Hi Growers! Few CFL Questions.

AzzerJC

I have been looking round, but I thought I would start my own thread, I have many questions that I just cant find.

So, I started out with some LED lights which turned out to be absolutely useless, so I invested in the 2 x Dual Spectrum Giant 300w Envirolights with reflector, I have unscrewed one of them because I only have the one plant at the moment, Still waiting for my auto-flower seeds to arrive. I have the feeling when I have to put my lights higher it isnt going to cover the entire grow room. I have filled a propagator with water to keep the humidity levels a little bit better, at the moment with one light its staying around 39%. When I put the other light in it goes down to 15-20%. I am just wondering if I will need to hang some "23" CFL lights in there and how many. I will take some pictures soon to show what I have at the moment. And which mixture is better, more Blue or Red? And in flowering is Blue usefull to keep in there?
And also, could somebody post a link as to where I can buy these 23w cfl lights, I havent come across any. I can only find 15/20/35/45.
I have 2 Mini USB Fans, one pointing upwards and one pointing on the plant.
I don't have anything to measure it with but I can fit 9 15L pots in it, and the height is about 1m.
Thank you for any advice!

I think I have sussed it ^^.
Here are some pics of my first ever grow setup with one test plant!
20140420_093221.jpg
20140420_093210.jpg
20140420_093156.jpg

What do you think? Anything that could be improved on, or is there something I am missing ?

I have heard that everywhere, yet I have seen some very good results with CFL's if done properly. I just don't know what they mean by the 23w bulb, I can't find them anywhere. The light I have now lets out quite a bit of heat, I can hold it for 3 seconds before I have to move my hand. I just dont think what I have now is going to produce enough light for a full grow. But the plant so far seems to be very healthy and is growing very rapidly. I moved the light up for a little bit of stretch, but thats just a sample plant I have ordered some nice Auto-Flowers =) Any advice at all is greatly appreciated!

I can't have HPS for 2 reasons, I won't be able to control the heat ( I am growing in a Cupbard inside the wall, so I dont want to have to start drilling big vents in the walls. And also the eleccy bill.

:welcome: to :420:

If you are concerned about electricity usage and heat, then the way to go, IMHO, would be LED, then CFL and lastly HID. For my first 2 grows I used strictly CFLs with two of those big 125-watt CFLs for the canopy and a variety of smaller wattage CFLs for sidelighting. I have gotten decent results but the heat issues are still present and it will not be possible to for me grow during the summer with this setup.

Back
Top Bottom