Is ph 6.3 causing me def?

GrowMyOwn

okay so my tap water is at ph 7.1 without nutes , after adding 1/4 strength it goes down to around 6.7
after that I lower the ph 6.3 and noticed a few ladies going yellowish

so just wondering is it the ph at 6.3 causing the defs?
last run I had no ph meter or ph up/down just nutes and noticed alot of clawing,yellow crispy leaves and this run is a around a month in and finally noticed the first signs of deficiencies

I would post a journal but since I am a non profit hobbyist with cheapy ebay lights I wont do that

Sounds like under feeding... increase nutrients :thumb:

As you have mention 1/4 strength nutrients so far its more than likely best to increase them to support plants needs for further good growth & pretty sure you will see an improvement.

PH looks fine providing you are growing in soil/compost with a PH value some where between PH 6 & 7

If not we may need to take a look at what you using for a growing medium.

If you are in good soil like foxfarm you should NOT pH!!!! There are buffers in the soil that adjust your ph, if you add any pH to your water it messes everything up. You say your pH out of the tap is 7.1, water your plant and collect the tail end of the runoff. If your runoff is let's say ph 6.0 then that would mean your soil pH is 5.0

thanks for the input guys XD appreciate
I was thinking I don't feed enough too :( maybe because I feed , water , feed,water?
should I just feed , feed ,feed then flush at the end of month?I have no perlite in the mix so I am scared to kill everything

or maybe my plants want the ph up a bit and more food more often ?

I just felt like I should mention the setup so you can imagine what limited space/resources I am working with
my closet is like 2x3 1/2
terra prime potting soi
Medi One from Green Planet.....hydro stores advice "take a 1 part for new growers" good advice lol
Monster Bloom from Grotek...for when the flowering starts
GH Ph up/down +drops for ph testing
a cheap yellow digital ph meter.....bought calibration packets for whenever
the lights 1-54w , 1-15w <---lol 1-180w leds hanging around 18 maybe 20 inches from the canopy

since my only previous option was cfl,I can say this I have noticed a insane difference in veg and node spacing using led even cheapys lol

In veg i feed my own plants once a week when growing in soil/compost.

Feed, feed, feed method is not that great for soil/compost mainly when using those chemical/synthetic style nutrients as plants will only use what nutrients they need, the remaining nutrients in the soil will build up which may cause lock outs & soil PH problems in the long term.

Back
Top Bottom