Fighting nature

BBadger

So it has come to my attention that in my growing area I will be up against deer, squirrels and dogs (both domestic and non). I am sure there are also many other animals I should be worried about but these are my main three concerns.. I want to combat these three in the cheapest way possible. I could go with hardware cloth around my plants, but i would like to be more conspicuous than that and it is not the cheapest stuff for a poor guy like myself. I do have an 8oz bottle of Grannicks bitter spray for dogs, but I can't imagine it will be too effective in the long run. I did find a hardware cloth mat idea that seems as though it is stealth but not quite fitting to my situation plus I'd rather not pay for hardware cloth.
https://forum.---------.com/outdoor-medical-marijuana-growing/441326-harrys-metal-raccoon-mat.html

I can't imagine that would work for deer but maybe squirrels and dogs? Also I have read mixed reviews over soap. I do work at a dog kennel and could spread dog hair to keep deer and squirrels away but i feel that might attract dogs.....Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've read how to prevent these things but none of them seem to mention taking on dogs and deer at the same time. Any and all info and tips are helpful!! Thanks in advance and I will try and respond as promptly as possible.

-BBadger :peace:

There are a few things that could work for both deer and squirrels. You can try using human hair all around your grow area. The sent of humans can deter many wild animals. If they are more pesky than that then you can get a little more serious. You can sprinkle on the ground all around your area some cayenne pepper, caster oil, peppermint, cinnamon, moth balls, or just regular hot peppers. Try and get the hottest peppers you can find, like habenaro to get best results. The squirrels hate the smell of all those things and the pepper will burn the paw pads of both squirrels and dogs. And if that doesn't work then, you can try and use predator urine. Most outdoor/hunting stores should have something in that area. Then lastly(and not my favorite) there are chemical sprays that repel all sorts of animals. Hope this info helps you out. Be sure to post anything that you use and let us know how it works for you!!!!

Be safe out there my friend!! And as always keep it green ;)

I'm not an outdoor cannabis grower, but we have squirrels here like crazy. They do not bother our vegetable garden except for obvious predations of ripe fruits and vegetables, but have never seen them bother green stuff in the garden like lettuce, spinach, kale, squash etc. Hopefully they won't have any interest in your cannabis plants; my bet is they won't be a problem. Don't know about the deer.....

Back
Top Bottom