Challenging Auto Grow - Who's Down to Help a Brother Out?

screwsloose

Hi Guys.
Sup.
Just joined up. Been reading a lot on here especially Bongtastics guide to auto, and a few others. I haven't done auto's before, so not really sure what to expect

When I lived in the UK, my housemate did a grow that I was involved with, it was our first time, we had all the equipment, nutes, etc, it went well.

However, I am now in China. And shit, is, different. I have 8 auto seeds, mixture of blueberry, big bang, and ak, they are all in the same bag and were given to me LAST YEAR by a friend.

I know most of the recommendations for soil, fertilizers etc, and let me point out now, that it is not possible for me to get them because they are imported and hella expensive.

Heres the conditions:

Climate: My region is one of extremes, outdoor winter is dry and reaches -20C. Summer Peaks to about 40C also dry, rains weekly like a monsoon. Currently about 20 - 25C outside. Inside is a comfortable 24/25.
Like I said though, we are dealing with a very dry climate (Im just under the Gobi Desert) I have a humidifier next to it, also providing air circulation.

out of the 8 seeds I have, I am only growing one for the time being, sort of as a tester. Left the seed to soak in water overnight and planted straight into a 10L container. Baby has sprouted. But baby it is, only.
Soil: I have settled for what I could get, a decent growing soil, light and airy. Miracle Grow, and another fert to promote growth and healht (Chinese Brand).

Lights: I currently have no HPS, I think ithe bulb right now is about a 60W CFL. I will be ordering a 400W HPS in a couple of days. ALthough is that necessary for 1 plant or should I just get 150W?

Light Regime: SO far 24/0. I wanna change that tonight though to about 8 + hours of dark. Just for the night because at the moment I cant get hold of an electronic timer.

She is just 4 days old so far. Heres what it looks like (and before piss takers come in, please realise Im dealing with completely different climate conditions and minimal equipment) The Stem is longer than it should be (I think)

PLEASE ADVISE ON WHAT I CAN DO TO MAKE IT BETTER WITH WHAT I HAVE.
GANJA IS VERY HARD TO GET HOLD OF WHERE I AM

DSC_3718.jpg
DSC_3716.jpg
DSC_3715.jpg

Re: Challenging Auto Grow....whose down to help a brother out?

wow china.. b careful they dont fuck around about weed there .. there is enough experience on this site to help u with any grow decisions u make. the tricky part is putting your question in the tight place .. i know they frown on miracle grow but hey u have to do what u have to do . ive seen guys on here grow good bud in miracle grow i guess u just sacrifice yield good luck

5 Countries Where You Don't Want to Smoke Pot
2. People’s Republic of China

China executes thousands of people every year. A few hundred of those executions stem from trafficking drugs like heroin, meth and weed. The quality of bud may have improved in recent years, but China is still a third-world country in terms of product. Are you really going to risk prison or worse for some mids?

this is from an article in high times

wow china.. b careful they dont fuck around about weed there .. there is enough experience on this site to help u with any grow decisions u make. the tricky part is putting your question in the tight place .. i know they frown on miracle grow but hey u have to do what u have to do . ive seen guys on here grow good bud in miracle grow i guess u just sacrifice yield good luck

5 Countries Where You Don't Want to Smoke Pot
2. People’s Republic of China

China executes thousands of people every year. A few hundred of those executions stem from trafficking drugs like heroin, meth and weed. The quality of bud may have improved in recent years, but China is still a third-world country in terms of product. Are you really going to risk prison or worse for some mids?

this is from an article in high times

cheers dudes.
safety tips i appreciate, and i was also scared as shit first time i took a toke out here...but the guy i was with, chinese fella, took a fat bong to a park past security guards etc and sat down on a bench and sparked up. ive rolled in bars, etc etc, if someone asks (rarely) i just say its arabic hooka. they dont know better (in this part of the country atleast) ---- i do not however, blow smoke in a policemans face.

ive also been ganja picking in the mountains of yunnan province, which was awesome, dont know what strain but it was purple/blue tint and got me very high, for free, smoking non stop for 2 weeks... you can casually walk about in certain places smoking...not advised if smell is too strong though.

again, its what you do, how you do it, and how much, cannabis is legal to cultivate in china, although it varies from province to province. its hard to get a hold of, because you get prison time for dealing and buying... execution is only with a HUGE pablo escobar amount, and is automatic for heroin.
I've smoked blues, ak, og and afghan kush while out here, bought on the net. their version of ebay basically.

So its not THAT bad. still fucking risky though. yes.

Could you though let me know about the auto's, the one im growing? i found a pretty decent price HPS that comes in 150 or 400W, which can fit into my lamp...just don't know if 400W would be too strong for one plant? Gonna put a foil barrier around the pot aswell (above) so the light reflects.

ive seen another thread elsewhere where someone says he yielded 133g from an auto...which sounds pretty much impossible!

where can i direct my questions??

right now the major Q's are, how to sort out my nutes because miracle grow isnt farm fox...or canna nutes

what HPS i should be using for 1 plants...150 or 400W

is the set up that i currently have (considering whats available to me) - okay, or can i alter it to make better?

after 5 days..should my plant be looking like that or bigger and healthier...at the moment it looks like a normal flower and not an auto...

Could you though let me know about the auto's, the one im growing? i found a pretty decent price HPS that comes in 150 or 400W, which can fit into my lamp...just don't know if 400W would be too strong for one plant? Gonna put a foil barrier around the pot aswell (above) so the light reflects.

i definetly will . i started a journal today .. im as new as they come so we will see ..

where can i direct my questions??

right now the major Q's are, how to sort out my nutes because miracle grow isnt farm fox...or canna nutes

what HPS i should be using for 1 plants...150 or 400W

is the set up that i currently have (considering whats available to me) - okay, or can i alter it to make better?

after 5 days..should my plant be looking like that or bigger and healthier...at the moment it looks like a normal flower and not an auto...

start a new thread in faq under the grow room tab

OK bro, here goes nothing. I am an auto grower. A 150 watt light is plenty for a single plant. I have grown 4 plants at the same time under a 150. And they all were all excellent. I do soil grows now. I would use an 18/6 light schedule. Miracle Grow is not great but it will do. I'll explain later. I would not use foil. I would use flat white paint. Autos always look like normal plants. They just flower when they want to and not when you want them to. I have grown autos that got 10 inches high and only gave me less than an ounce. I also have grown autos that have got 5 feet high and given me a half pound. It is strain dependent. And also how you treat them. It really is how you relate to them. Pay attention to your plants and watch them. They will tell you how they feel and what they need. Good luck with your girl. :peace: :Namaste:

Oh ya, you can put the stems in water for a couple of days after you cut them and it will be a good flush that you can not do with Miracle Grow soil. Change the water every day. It will make a much smoother smoke. :high-five:

OK bro, here goes nothing. I am an auto grower. A 150 watt light is plenty for a single plant. I have grown 4 plants at the same time under a 150. And they all were all excellent. I do soil grows now. I would use an 18/6 light schedule. Miracle Grow is not great but it will do. I'll explain later. I would not use foil. I would use flat white paint. Autos always look like normal plants. They just flower when they want to and not when you want them to. I have grown autos that got 10 inches high and only gave me less than an ounce. I also have grown autos that have got 5 feet high and given me a half pound. It is strain dependent. And also how you treat them. It really is how you relate to them. Pay attention to your plants and watch them. They will tell you how they feel and what they need. Good luck with your girl. :peace: :Namaste:

Oh ya, you can put the stems in water for a couple of days after you cut them and it will be a good flush that you can not do with Miracle Grow soil. Change the water every day. It will make a much smoother smoke. :high-five:

wow. cheers man, i really appreciate this.
the surrounding area of the plant is white, like the cupboard and mattress behind, but i was worried about the light leaving the area which is why i put foil there.
I was just about to order a 250W hps, with a reflector to go above and then put it in the bottom of my cupboard (white also on the inside, put in a fan to control temp and the humidifier also. it is really really dry here so i need to keep on top of that.
seeing as i was just about to order the 250, should i go for 150 instead? price isnt much different, and i was thinking more is better in terms of light.

i switched to a MH yesterday, about 60W (the details are in chinese) all i know its a bright white light that reminds me of a MH so im happy with it! when should i switch to the HPS? i was thinking perhaps in a week or so?

i do the relating to plant thing when im with it, as it in my old apartment. thing is the lamp that im using (at the moment atleast until the HPS and reflector arrive) is also used by my gf when she works (she needs it) like today for example. i still havent put it on a time schedule because im waiting for the timer and hps. im just sort of going with the flow at the moment, looking at the plant and checking how it feels.

so yeah, thanks again man really.
to sum up, 150 or 250...electricity bills arent a problem.
watering...ive read water every 2 or 3 days but so dry that im spraying once a day right now.

miracle grow...shall we move on to that when its time to feed? im guessing in about 4 or 5 weeks right?

what strains did u deal with? ive got blueberry, and ak47.

go with either a 250 or 400. If electric bills aren't an issue, to much is only waste while to little will only disappoint. You can always grow only one plant under the bigger lights, but it will be harder to grow multiple plants (should you ever desire) under the smaller light...if that makes any sense.

go with either a 250 or 400. If electric bills aren't an issue, to much is only waste while to little will only disappoint. You can always grow only one plant under the bigger lights, but it will be harder to grow multiple plants (should you ever desire) under the smaller light...if that makes any sense.

cheers! i thought the same too, too small could be disappointing. ill be gettiing the 250.

first time independent grow with autos, lucky im doing one plant so i can learn what i can and make sure the next ones are fine...just wondering what to do when the auto seeds run out :( :(

hehe..but i do have half a kilo of seeds i got for 50p when i was in Yunnan...and they also grow!

wow. cheers man, i really appreciate this.
the surrounding area of the plant is white, like the cupboard and mattress behind, but i was worried about the light leaving the area which is why i put foil there.
I was just about to order a 250W hps, with a reflector to go above and then put it in the bottom of my cupboard (white also on the inside, put in a fan to control temp and the humidifier also. it is really really dry here so i need to keep on top of that.
seeing as i was just about to order the 250, should i go for 150 instead? price isnt much different, and i was thinking more is better in terms of light.

i switched to a MH yesterday, about 60W (the details are in chinese) all i know its a bright white light that reminds me of a MH so im happy with it! when should i switch to the HPS? i was thinking perhaps in a week or so?

i do the relating to plant thing when im with it, as it in my old apartment. thing is the lamp that im using (at the moment atleast until the HPS and reflector arrive) is also used by my gf when she works (she needs it) like today for example. i still havent put it on a time schedule because im waiting for the timer and hps. im just sort of going with the flow at the moment, looking at the plant and checking how it feels.

so yeah, thanks again man really.
to sum up, 150 or 250...electricity bills arent a problem.
watering...ive read water every 2 or 3 days but so dry that im spraying once a day right now.

miracle grow...shall we move on to that when its time to feed? im guessing in about 4 or 5 weeks right?

what strains did u deal with? ive got blueberry, and ak47.

If there is not a problem with the 250 then I would go with that. Try to keep humidity up to about 35% if possible. I would switch to the hps when you see buds on the plant. Only water when it is getting dry. Lift the pot to see how heavy it is. You should be able to tell the difference between a dry pot and a pot with water in it. Or get a cheap moisture meter (around $10). Only water when she needs it. It is much better to run her a bit dry than to wet. Over watering is the bane of most new growers. Miracle Grow actually is time released (at least it is here in the states) so nutes are not really needed unless you see your girl in need of some. Be sure to keep the temps comfortable. A good rule of thumb is if you are comfortable then so is your plant. If you are to cold or hot so is she. Mist her but not so much you cause bud rot. I hope that this helps you my friend. :peace: :Namaste:

There ya go, grow both at the same time. Veg the reg seeds with the auto & when the auto's ready to harvest, the reg seeds are ready to flower.

...and i was thinking more is better in terms of light.

I'd switch lights when the new one comes in in a week or two as you'll be able to suck up more lumens and the plant will probably be really beginning to go. Especially since you're already splitting time on that itty bitty one w/your significant other :)

If you're watering every 2 days, right now that's probably alright since they're tiny as long as you're doing say a cup or two fairly close in while avoided the stem. When they get their 3rd leaf set (the 5 fingered one) fully open maybe just saturate the pot really well and even once a week...soil holds the water pretty well and pretty long.

Most time released nute soils have enough in it to last for 2-3 months, so you should be good to go for awhile as long as you actually practice the "im just sort of going with the flow at the moment, looking at the plant and checking how it feels" philosophy. Might wanna bury that stem a bit sooner or later also.

I'd switch lights when the new one comes in in a week or two as you'll be able to suck up more lumens and the plant will probably be really beginning to go. Especially since you're already splitting time on that itty bitty one w/your significant other :)

If you're watering every 2 days, right now that's probably alright since they're tiny as long as you're doing say a cup or two fairly close in while avoided the stem. When they get their 3rd leaf set (the 5 fingered one) fully open maybe just saturate the pot really well and even once a week...soil holds the water pretty well and pretty long.

Most time released nute soils have enough in it to last for 2-3 months, so you should be good to go for awhile as long as you actually practice the "im just sort of going with the flow at the moment, looking at the plant and checking how it feels" philosophy. Might wanna bury that stem a bit sooner or later also.

Sorry guys, i might have misled you, my soil isnt Miracle Gro, its a simple soil that i just got...it looks alot like what CK has in his April 2014 grow thread, its relatively low on nutes.
The only ones I have are what was in the pic in the OP, there is another nute that im gonna get which is good for blossoming though.

Right now water wise, i have a canister that i use to spray and only use if the soil is extremely dry (i dig a finger in to check) or if the plant looks unhealthy (so far it hasnt)

just ordered the 250HPS a thermometer and looking for a decent grow tent...hard to find round here!

Cheers.

lol, now I see...MG ferts in chineese and reg ole soil. I don't know how to read chineese, but the standard MG fert stateside is 20-40-20 w/several macros mixed in ta boot. I called Scott's once and according to them, at full strength it is approximately 1385 ppm's. This rings pretty true according to my tds meter I subsequently got later. If that's what you have available, that's what you have. So, I'd suggest when the two itty bitty round leaves at the bottom finally turn color or drop off perhap give a quarter teaspoon per gallon of water and gradually work up till you find the right amount the plant likes. A quarter tsp (assuming its the same as what's sold here) should be about 115 ppms + whatever's already in the water to start with.

lol, now I see...MG ferts in chineese and reg ole soil. I don't know how to read chineese, but the standard MG fert stateside is 20-40-20 w/several macros mixed in ta boot. I called Scott's once and according to them, at full strength it is approximately 1385 ppm's. This rings pretty true according to my tds meter I subsequently got later. If that's what you have available, that's what you have. So, I'd suggest when the two itty bitty round leaves at the bottom finally turn color or drop off perhap give a quarter teaspoon per gallon of water and gradually work up till you find the right amount the plant likes. A quarter tsp (assuming its the same as what's sold here) should be about 115 ppms + whatever's already in the water to start with.

just saw you said a cup of water every 2 days...right now i just give it a little bit of a spray from one of those cannisters.....its no way near a cup that im giving it...im guessing thats wrong then?

not neccessarily, you're right there whereas I'm here, lol. I'd say you'd want the moisture to penetrate into the soil at least as tall as the growth above is though. Once it gets some more leaf growth, just saturate evenly the heck outa the pot and toss the runoff then check every 5-7 days. At first, you'll probably be able to go a week in between no sweat; later as she grows and drinks more, maybe only 5 days to a week.

just to update. i gave her a night of darkness yesterday, came back and sprayed with some water (evenly over the pot - hope it wasnt too much) - shes bigger and healthier so it seems...i guess the darkness helped so i will give her one more night tonight...my timer arrives tomorrow.

should i be worried about complete darkness like we do with normal plants? or do auto's not need the complete pitch black?

Back
Top Bottom