What is the cause? New growth looking ugly!

murph420

I have no clue what is happening!! Second time this has happened. Everything was going fine and then I transplanted from plastic cups to one gallon pots. Growth was great then come to a halt with crappy new growth and wrinkled leaves. Everything was great until a couple days ago. Then this started happening !
Pics below!

Can anybody give me any insight on a possible cause????

image12106.jpg
image12105.jpg

Gh flora series- drain to waste Ppms are at 600
Ph- 5.8
Medium-coco coir botanicare w/ perlite
Light-T5 18/6 shedule
Indoor
Water-RO

Feeding 1 litre of nutes for a gallon size pot. Feeding ever couple of days . As soon as the pots feel light in weight.

This is the second time this has happened and I'm trying to understand why this is happening.

In a 9x5 tent

Temps are 72-75 deg w/ RH 47-53%
My light is sitting roughly 12-18 inches I've the tops of the plants

I have 5 other babies in plastic cup that are doing great. Like I said I just tranplanted these about a week ago into 1 gallon pots

If you're pouring a litre into a one gallon pot every two days, you're probably severely over-watering. Your temps are mild, so I can't imagine how they'd possibly use up that much water. This is a stage where they need to be growing roots, and they need aerated soil to do that. Water-logged soil is hell on roots.

Try not giving them anything more until they wilt. As soon as they get water, they'll perk right back up. Then you'll know how light the pots get.

Dark stems, curling, jagged edges, yea it seems watering is an issue, but I don't think it would cause all of these.. My first thoughts were the same as paddy smoke , the ph should rise a bit while it dries . It seems ur plant has gone through this before? U have multiple leaves in the picture with only 6 fingers on them. My plants with even numbers of leaves were result of serious trams to the plant and will stay like that. The other thing that surprised me is there is more damage to these top leaves then the ones under it which makes me think heat stress or burn from ur lights. Do u mist these often? Did u accidentally pour ur nutes on the leaves? Yup that's what I'm guessing nutes on leaves. If that is it new growth will start shooting out from sides and become bushier then taller over the next week and a half. If this does happen I would consider topping in a week or two because these leaves will take a very long time to heal, so y not turn lemons into lemonade. Hopefully I'm right or am going to look like a dick, on second thought wait for one of the big time guys to confirm. I would hate to steer u wrong on my account. But my advice is to let it do it's thing, sit back and observe.

too much watering to0 much feed , i agree with the guys above also , id keep an eye on ph and foliar spray with just ph water just minutes before lights out for a while but raise the lights, let it dry flush it right out, and start off slow on the feeding 1/4 strength every second week , plain water in between , they dont need much , i was taught the hard way too much water to much food = broken heart , more nutes does not mean more yield bigger plants ( less is more )

Hope you get them sorted Good luck

I did foilar spray the last time I watered. I might foilar spray once a week.
I did foilar spray my other plants in my cups and have not had issues .

Watering about 4-5 days for the one gallon pots. And water every 3 days for the cups

My ph has been 5.8 everytime I water

Ill get some more pics up of the situation here in a little bit

When I water I get around 10-20% runoff. U think this is to much?

I will let them dry up and wilt. But after that when I water should I let then dry up like that everytime, then water?

I try to water them right before they get completely dry.

Especially when they're young and before they've filled their pots with roots, it's important to give them periods of dry soil.

Young roots like to be soaked and parched and soaked, etc. Once they've finished stretching, they should get a fairly steady supply of water, since the roots have filled the pot and can easily absorb that quantity. In other words, there's no good reason to let fully-grown plants dry out.

:Namaste:

Keep in mind that coco is very different than any soil. It is actually really hard to over water coco, so I highly doubt that it the case then.

If these were my plants, the next thing I would check is run off PH. I don't water my coco with 5.8 but with 6.0-6.3.

When you let coco dry out, it can actually cause PH issues.

Consider watering daily with less water.

Also check the ppm runoff.

How I check run off is water so I get run off, then tilt the plant so the run off comes out of one side hole and hold a shot glass under it. Then I test that water with PPM meter and PH meter.

Keep in mind that coco is very different than any soil. It is actually really hard to over water coco, so I highly doubt that it the case then.

If these were my plants, the next thing I would check is run off PH. I don't water my coco with 5.8 but with 6.0-6.3.

When you let coco dry out, it can actually cause PH issues.

Consider watering daily with less water.

Also check the ppm runoff.

How I check run off is water so I get run off, then tilt the plant so the run off comes out of one side hole and hold a shot glass under it. Then I test that water with PPM meter and PH meter.

I noted the coco and wondered ...

LEDRF's advice may be better. Bad pH can cause a lot of the same look - roots not working well.

Here are a couple more pics as u can the lower leafs are fine. And a shot of plants in plastic cups that are the same and have been fed the same
image12119.jpg
image12118.jpg

A little confused on checking run off. Should I wait until next watering or should I do it now?
Do I check it with the run off of the nute solution or plain water?
Any advice?

Back
Top Bottom