Curious how well im doing

Setsuna

Well i don't have pics atm i may take em later if you guys ask but

I got 2 plants 1 Super lemon haze and 1 cheese both are at 4 nodes (5th is coming out and prob will be done soon)

Their about 3 inches too and really bushy....good or bad? oh and their 2 weeks old.

Pictures always help. They sound about average.

I'll get back to you on that currently high as a kite

But, I never had a plant grow 3 inches tall with 5ish nodes and be as bushy.

Even pictures of plants i seen dont have 5 or 6 nodes until 1 foot tall or 1 month old? ill keep googling while im stoned

impossible without pictures

Okay uhm I ask because i been using my own style of growing this grow and now I lost which one is which because i have a cheese (indica) and a SLH ( sativa) and am no longer able to tell which is which because of the 3 inch plants with 5 nodes PLUS they look the exact same and I swear sativa's have longer finger like leaves and Indica is a fat fuck

anyways I'll take pictures and edit this post but I am going to warn you they are no longer bushy as phase 2 has been put into place and hopefully within the next few days my gurls will be bushy as fuck again yay

Age : 2 weeks 5 days (i am counting since they germinated its just 2 weeks on the dot for sprouting out of the ground)

2014-09-21_21_17_25.jpg

2014-09-21_21_39_32.jpg

2014-09-21_21_40_17.jpg

the ruler is pushed down through the tinfoil so no worries its at the very bottom

Edit: for those curious as im trying to gauge how well im doing to improve anytips or ideas are welcome
plus I feel like since their so small i may be doing bad 0_0 I thought 4-5 nodes was at 1-2 feet not no silly small 3 inches...and one of em is SLH isnt SLH a satvia?

400w further then 12 inches (it gets to hot me thinks)
in a 2x3 room
Advance nutrients
3 gal water but in a 5-10 gal bucket

they don't look very big for 2 weeks, why have you cut all the fan leaves off baby plants? I can't see that helping at all, and is probably why they're so stunted...

this is a two week old Amnesia Haze, unmolested and left to do her thing

IMG_31447.JPG

Look at the pictures again...Fan leaves off = more branches = more buds

Regardless I did this with my auto's and managed 6 oz's total problem is these are regulars and I had figured much like my auto's they would be taller but i'll post pictures in 3-4 days and you'll see why i did the fan leaf thing

I just want to know if the stunted growth would affect yield I been high for like 4 days so i prob should just asked that..."Does smaller plants height wise affect yield?"

I understand defoliation, but it's done on older plants, not ones less than 2 weeks, and autos aren't supposed to be defoliated either from what's posted on here, so I'd be interested to see a grow journal with your new approach to compare with the tried and tested methods on 420 :Namaste:

The tinfoil on the soil is not helping with light to the plant as the under side of the leaf does not process light, not to mention tinfoil may create hot spots that could burn the leaves. Defoliating as much as you are is keeping your plant in a constant state of stress, which in the long run is probably not good for her.

The fan leaves are where photosynthesis takes place. The plant absorbs water, nutrients, and light and converts it into energy. Without enough Fan leaves, your plants ability to support itself is also reduced.

More branches does mean more buds, but without a solid root system to absorb water and nutes, and without fan leaves to absorb light, there are no leaves for transpiration either.

The biggest problem with fan leaves is when they block budsites from receiving enough light. Other than that, having leaves is a good thing, and very beneficial for your plant.

The fan leaves are where photosynthesis takes place. The plant absorbs water, nutrients, and light and converts it into energy. Without enough Fan leaves, your plants ability to support itself is also reduced.

More branches does mean more buds, but without a solid root system to absorb water and nutes, and without fan leaves to absorb light, there are no leaves for transpiration either.

The biggest problem with fan leaves is when they block budsites from receiving enough light. Other than that, having leaves is a good thing, and very beneficial for your plant.

The tinfoil on the soil is not helping with light to the plant as the under side of the leaf does not process light, not to mention tinfoil may create hot spots that could burn the leaves. Defoliating as much as you are is keeping your plant in a constant state of stress, which in the long run is probably not good for her.

I defoliate because it makes them bushier and stronger but never have i seen them stay short with such small nodes I really just wanted to know if the short nodes would be a + or - in the yield thing

Roots got plenty maybe to many even their about to clog the pump me thinks or at least im worried about them

tinfoil is not so much for light reflection but for heat adsorption and blocking light, It takes on less heat then black plastic and keeps the roots solid dark i dont even replace the tinfoil cause idc for the light reflection from the bottom

Like i said I shoulda just asked this from the get go but...Short tight nodes = good or bad?

Also i'll post pictures of her in 2 days to show the recovery she already got much bigger bush wise

I prefer short tight nodes myself. So I say good.

Do you have any memory or pictures or w/e where tighter nodes = higher yield by any chance?

update : since defoliation aka phase 2...nodes have shrunk and stems are harder/fatter they are a little bit more bushier but not enough to really say much im pretty excite for the next 2-3 days to see how well they recover

Nodes just keep getting tighter and tighter

I worry because i always felt like small plants = small yields who knows

Not off the top of my head. Your yield will also be influenced by the size of your roots. Short tight nodes may also result in a monster cola, I have never seen them quite as tight as yours so it should be an interesting flower. Do you have a journal going for your grow?

Care to explain the tinfoil mulch layer?

I haven't seen that one yet, just curious.

Short tight nodes are good. Sounds like you are very interested in yield.
Here are some factors that increase yield:
Veg time
Soil health (this isn't going to apply to hydro or synthetic soil grow)
Light intensity
Container size
Available nutrients

Tight nodes could certainly be helpful in getting a nice yield, if the other factors are there with it.

Have a good one
And btw SLH is great daytime smoke, I have grown it and really enjoyed it.

Well i fkd up been using connoisseur from AV thinking it works in veg but I switched and she exploded in growth but still in small node form shes at 7 now and not even a foot ill show pictures

tinfoil reason : I have 6 holes in my res for 6 plants BUT I don't use all 6 just yet i still need to clone so i put the tinfoil because it doesn't absorb heat like the regular black plastic res does so it does reduce heat stress, It keeps the roots in total darkness and last but not least since i defoliate so much my leafs often grow oddly...its not bad its just she gets so damn fking bushy they have to squeeze them selves into odd places. So often times a few leaves wont be pointed up and the reflect light from the tin foil helps ya know? might not be much but its somthing

She hasnt gotten as big as I thought she would because of wrong nutes but when i put up pictures you'll see how it is shes compact/bushy and also i have yet to find the bug who ate off my leafs just 2 but ima find it and squish it

Edit : Pictures incoming with root pics too the nodes are shrinking also (I guess good? compact huge buds anyone?) and since I switched over to veg nut (MUCH stronger then just con from AV) this 4th week should be big for her

I mean I did pull off 3 oz's from my auto with only con from veg to flower

6oz total since 2 plants

The newer growth at the top is the 8th node (3rd week going on 4th week) Since i messed up the nutes i may go an extra week or 2 before veg just for clones

Old
2014-09-21_21_17_25.jpg

New :
2014-09-26_18_31_01.jpg

Old :
2014-09-21_21_39_32.jpg

New :
2014-09-26_18_32_11.jpg

Roots :
2014-09-26_18_32_47.jpg

Im a little dissappointed but i blame my self for the nutrient problem im so stupid

Back
Top Bottom