Lack of nutrients

Deja Vu

This is my first time grow. these plants have been going a few weeks. Is this from not enough nutrients?
Can I use 5-1-1 fish fertilizer Guerilla grow....

m3.jpeg

m1.jpeg

m2.jpeg

Looking at all the help photos, Im thinking I should have used ferts sooner. I was afraid to burn them. I use homemade soil I mixed 1 part perlite with 1 part organic home depot soil and one part moss. I cannot get anything related to real mj products. I have access to homer depot, wal mart and lowes. I am thinking I should fertilize and flush.

Now that I read more. It could be the soil burning my plants because of the time release ferts. The organic soil had time release so did the perlite. Are my plants fucked? It was extremely difficult to get seeds. And I think I wasted all 12.

It's my understanding time release nutes aren't timed very we so it's possible they're burning but I think they are lacking N. I'd think about giving them a good flush to get rid of the released nutes in the soil and finish off the flush with a feeding

It's my understanding time release nutes aren't timed very we so it's possible they're burning but I think they are lacking N. I'd think about giving them a good flush to get rid of the released nutes in the soil and finish off the flush with a feeding

I came to the same conclusion. Might try that tonight with my fish fert

Mmm unlikely to be burn by nutrients/ time release... as you have stated mix ratio already so that would cut down amount of nutrients in the DIY mix !

I suspect it is a compost/soil PH problem causing nutrient lock outs which might be related to the fact you cut your mix with peat moss & if so 100% peat moss is pretty much acidic based PH, there for altering over all PH of compost/soil !

I would suggest checking PH of compost/soil :high-five:

Other wise i may think of repotting back into a compost/soil which is more suitable...

Most premium compost are PH buffered which should normal fall in between the range of PH 6 to 7 where a majority of plants are most happy growing in.... PH of compost may even be labeled on the bag itself may depend on how good the company is on who made the compost tho ?

So in the long run, ye ya got nutrient deficiencys & i strongly suspect its the compost/soil PH level causing the problems due to mix ratio, mainly the peat moss.

Mmm certainly a touch of P-phosphorus def & at least 2 others...

Here's a little chart i like to use or two & if ya get around to checking your compost/soil PH level you can cross reference data from one to another and more likely work out what defs are occuring :Namaste:

soil_ph_nutrient_availability.jpg

leavedeficiencies22.jpg

very informative answer ty sir.

On the ferts I have Alaska fish fertilizer. And I found this info

Fish Fertilizer
This is for the use of Alaska brand Fish Fertilizer, and Alaska Kelp Fertilizer-- But other brands of Fish Emulsion and Organic nutrient that is JUST P & K with NO "N" value will work also.

Start The FIsh Ferts at 1/2 recomended rate when the plants have 3 sets of true leaves... after week 2 of veg, go to 3/4 stregnth...
When ready for 12/12-- you need to get some Alaska Kelp fert* (-- it is just P-K... add this to your 3/4 stregnth Fish Ferts at 1/4 stregnth... and use this blend thru the bloom period...
IF she seems to need more-- feed more often instead of increasing the amounts... with this fert , that seems to work better.

You will probably need additional micronutes-- so I would call around, or go online for EarthJuice Microblast... use at 1/3 stregnth every week.. as the Fish ferts arent complete with all the micro's needed.

*or another No Nitrogen Organic

But the directions say feed every 3 weeks. Does this apply to me. Or should I use every three days. Water day one, fert day two, let soil dry day three. Just mix at a diluted dose.

You should only be watering/feeding when the soil is mostly dry, not every day.

It was a confusing question. I just meant that the bottle of fish ferts says use every three weeks. I was wondering at such a diluter dose can I use it on auto flower more often.

I wait until the top of the soil is dry, and the bucket feels light before I water .

If your soil has no nutrients in it, you should be giving nutes (feeding) every third watering, just straight water the other times. and yes, let them dry out. Water it, heft the pot, let it dry, you will feel the difference in the pot, when its light, water again.....

Back
Top Bottom