A good fan for my small grow box?

SlickChief

Hi yall I'm making a grow box of 4ft x 2ft x 1.5ft
I purchased a Ventech 4" Duct Booster along with a Phresh 4"x8" filter.

1667080164585.png

The fan was wayy too weak, and now I'm looking for a fan that will work for my small space and will be pretty quiet.

I'm thinking the VenTech inlnie fan but then I would need to buy a speed controller (all together would be $80+ which is a big increase from the original $25 fan), and I'm trying to stay budget friendly...

1667080186038.png

Any suggestions? Also please let me know if I should return the filter and get the 4x12? Will it even matter?
Thanks in advance, it's greatly appreciated

The fan that you purchased that you said is too weak, can extract 100 cfm (cubic feet per minute) which is more than enough for your size grow box. Your grow box is 12 cubic feet, you want a extraction fan that will move 3 times your cubic footage per minute so for you it would be 36 cfm. The fan you already purchased almost triples this.
You should be fine.

The fan that you purchased that you said is too weak, can extract 100 cfm (cubic feet per minute) which is more than enough for your size grow box. Your grow box is 12 cubic feet, you want a extraction fan that will move 3 times your cubic footage per minute so for you it would be 36 cfm. The fan you already purchased almost triples this.
You should be fine.

My thoughts exactly when I purchased it, but i have much doubt it actually moves 100 cfm, it's very weak. When I hook it up to the filter, it moves a lot less. I can't even get a ziplock to stick to it, although paper towels do.

I'm thinking maybe buy one more of these fans and hook one up right after the other for more torque.

The inline booster fan you bought, can be used as an active intake.
Checking out amazon for the type of fan you want, and its specifications is the best bet. I'd say shop around many different places for pricing, but amazon has a treasure trove of information for you.

My thoughts exactly when I purchased it, but i have much doubt it actually moves 100 cfm, it's very weak. When I hook it up to the filter, it moves a lot less. I can't even get a ziplock to stick to it, although paper towels do.

I'm thinking maybe buy one more of these fans and hook one up right after the other for more torque.

Unrestricted, the fan will move that much air. Once you put a filter on it, the resistance increases, and CFM decreases.

Yeah you got to take the filter in to consideration, I made the same mistake with my intake. I still think that your intake is fine how it is but if it continues to bother you just save up and get the more powerful one when you can afford it. If your trying to stay budget friendly then I would just make do with the fan you have and maybe just get a desk fan in the room for better air circulation.

I took the restriction into consideration as well, but I didn't mention it due to the fact his fan tiples his cubic footage, so it shouldnt be an issue. Then again my filter is run through a 474 CFM inline so its a completely different scenerio. You should check out your classidied ads if money is tight, and see if you can hagle and catch a good bargain on some inline fan and filter combos.

Back
Top Bottom