LED Lightning - the right ones?

powder123

Hello,

Description of my two projects:
Im starting 2 new projects placed at different locations at first I will grow Autoflowers and at second Ill try out SCROG for the first time.

Problem:
I want to go with the LED lights (probably TOP Grow LED, if you know any better option on the market at the moment feel free to suggest).

Now I cant really decide what lights should I use:
1. MARS II LED GROW LIGHTS (I cant really decide which lights to purchase I was thinking about Standard spectrum ones but I'm still open for suggestions if this isn't really that good of an idea).

2. 3W Reflector LED lights ( I've heard these are pretty good for veg stage of growing but when it comes to blooming stage I've only found few topics about that. And users really are not that happy with bloom but I cant get it why..).

So I really am open to suggestions of what LED Light should I use. I'm asking you this because I really cant afford to throw money away with not purchasing the best option on the market at the moment and later after tests and realizing the mistake purchasing the new ones.

Really, really thanks to everyone who is going to take a moment and help me with choosing the right LED Light.

He did just fine with his reflector in Flower: 2' x 2' DWC Scrog With Jock Horror Under 48 x 3W Top LED Reflector

Both models are really good performing lights. It basically comes down to which one will cover your area best, and which light has the features/design you prefer.

I'm using one of the old model lights from TopLED, and it's been doing amazing on my plant so far.

TopLED is a great company, with great lights and great customer service. Led Grow Lights for indoor plants-Top Led

We also have a handful of other sponsors, that also sell very high quality lights.
Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

You can pretty much find a grow journal for almost every light our sponsors make. Just type the model name into the search bar, and you'll see that behind those lights, are people using them for successful grows that you can actually see in the hands of a grower just like you and me, and not being used in a laboratory under conditions designed to make things look good on paper.

Honestly, as long as you're buying a light from any of these sponsors, and it's big enough to cover your grow area, you'll be happy with it. I haven't seen a single light from our sponsors fail to grow an awesome plant.

Now to choose a light, you'll need to know how many plants you'll be growing, and how big the grow area will be: length, width, and height.

He did just fine with his reflector in Flower: 2' x 2' DWC Scrog With Jock Horror Under 48 x 3W Top LED Reflector

Both models are really good performing lights. It basically comes down to which one will cover your area best, and which light has the features/design you prefer.

I'm using one of the old model lights from TopLED, and it's been doing amazing on my plant so far.

TopLED is a great company, with great lights and great customer service. Led Grow Lights for indoor plants-Top Led

We also have a handful of other sponsors, that also sell very high quality lights.
Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

You can pretty much find a grow journal for almost every light our sponsors make. Just type the model name into the search bar, and you'll see that behind those lights, are people using them for successful grows that you can actually see in the hands of a grower just like you and me, and not being used in a laboratory under conditions designed to make things look good on paper.

Honestly, as long as you're buying a light from any of these sponsors, and it's big enough to cover your grow area, you'll be happy with it. I haven't seen a single light from our sponsors fail to grow an awesome plant.

Now to choose a light, you'll need to know how many plants you'll be growing, and how big the grow area will be: length, width, and height.

My places are 5m x 4m and 3m x 3m so its probably not so much about which light should i purchase but how many of them.
You said it matters which features/design I prefer but the problem is I really cant see the difference between 700W MARS II Light and Reflector 192x3W light. Could you try to explain the difference to me if you know anything about it (of course I know there is 100W of difference and that one is reflector(cant really get it what that means besides more lumes output because of reflectors)) but whats really the difference besides that or is it that all?

Thanks for taking your time mate! :)

At the moment I really cannot afford one of these 'high-priced' LED Lights but if I could in future I would probably go with https://intelligentgro.com Lights.. But probably after couple of growing rounds with TOP Led grow lights Ill make the same topic again asking about 'high-priced' LED Lights since I really am insecure person and feel free to take a hit than.

Thanks for taking your time!

having seen the quality the 'cheaper' manufacturers offer, I can only imagine the ones that cost 3 x the price must tongue your balls, roll your reefers and clean your vape to justify their crazy prices.

Intelligent grow leds are worth checking out, I own them, there good panels. See jandre and icemuds journals. I also own topleds. I won't ever turn my mars lights on, they grow buds, but.... Also platinum leds, email or talk to them In curso's or governmentchz journals. Price is comparable to toppled only better quality.
5x4 you'll be looking at 2x1200mars2 3x3 900mars2, money adds up only to know you'll be wanting different panels in a year or less. Buy a panel you can afford from platinum or intell and don't waste your money. :peace:

Intelligent grow leds are worth checking out, I own them, there good panels. See jandre and icemuds journals. I also own topleds. I won't ever turn my mars lights on, they grow buds, but.... Also platinum leds, email or talk to them In curso's or governmentchz journals. Price is comparable to toppled only better quality.
5x4 you'll be looking at 2x1200mars2 3x3 900mars2, money adds up only to know you'll be wanting different panels in a year or less. Buy a panel you can afford from platinum or intell and don't waste your money. :peace:

Could you please give me a link to Platinum leds site or intell site, and explain why purchasing TOP Led lights aint a good idea? :)

EDIT: When you said Im looking for 2x1200 Mars II or 3x 900 Mars II did you had in mind we are talking about meters not feets? :))

Thanks for your time dude.

Meters!! Wow!! Even more reason to go with previously said. Curso swapped over around 1200watts used for around 550watts and has more light! The amount of topled units required to cover, then the amount of power and heat to run that space. Governmentchz had a 700w mars in his space, 290watts, it has been swapped with a p300, to cover the same area. Veg at 99watts and flowers at 185watts. He says he has more light in his area, lol.

Both intelligent grow and platinum are sponsors here. Go to sponsors link at top of page and you'll find their sites in there.

the P450 was tested side by side with a TopLED Mars 1200 unit, and was proven to be more powerful over various heights, and drew half the watts. since installing in my tent, I can leave all windows closed, no exhaust from the tent and temps won't rise above 21 degrees - they run ultra cool. Two Mars units on this forum have had burning issues within the past 2 months, with two different users. The Mars units run 5 watt LEDs, which are very hot compared to a 3 watt unit with secondary lensing, that allows you to position the unit much closer to the canopy :Namaste:

My places are 5m x 4m and 3m x 3m so its probably not so much about which light should i purchase but how many of them.
You said it matters which features/design I prefer but the problem is I really cant see the difference between 700W MARS II Light and Reflector 192x3W light. Could you try to explain the difference to me if you know anything about it (of course I know there is 100W of difference and that one is reflector(cant really get it what that means besides more lumes output because of reflectors)) but whats really the difference besides that or is it that all?

Thanks for taking your time mate! :)

The Mars II uses 5 watt diodes. When you buy the light, you buy one for Veg, one for Flower, or one that is full spectrum. There are a total of 140 diodes on that model. 140 x 5 = 700 watts output rating. This light will cover approximately 1m x 1m

The Reflector uses 3 watt diodes. It has switches on the light to select Veg and Flower spectrums, or you can have both switches on for a full spectrum light. The 192 means it has 192 diodes, 192 x 3 = 576 watts. This light will cover approximately 1.3m x 1.3m

We have growers who have had amazing results with both lights, so both are a good choice.

Must also give a special mention to BUDMASTER grow lights. Seen them do some amazing things on these forums.
Depends how much you have to spend but that's who I would like to shop with in the future.

Budmasters are ridiculously expensive. have you a specific reason for wanting to spend so much on a light that could be purchased from another manufacturer, with equally good results, for a fraction of the cost?

Ok, so I think you guys changed my mind about TOP Led Grow Lights I'd probably just go with the Platinum ones, now I've got few questions more how much and what kind of Platinum lights should I use if this is my space (my main space where I'd like to try SCROG (Im trying to reach the best yield possible in the place I've got if you guys think SCROG really aint that good of an idea feel free to write down your own opinion)).

This is my place I really am pissed about that wall but cant do nothing about it :( (maybe I should go SOG the place looks like perfect but I really am insecure about that technique).

3.6m = 11.8110236 feet
3.9m = 12.7952756 feet
2.2m = 7.21784777 feet
3.1m = 10.1706037 feet

I have red the coverage area informations on Platinums website but I'm sure if i can rely on companies information I would really like to hear it from some one who tried the lights itself.

Thanks for your time once again guys, I really, really appreciate it!!!

Email and talk to them, they will tell you what's needed and be able to quote you a price.

Email and talk to them, they will tell you what's needed and be able to quote you a price.

Okej, will do. Thanks for the answers Ive got one more question what is the best technique for growing in that amount of space if I'm mostly aiming on the high yields. I know its hard to tell how much growers gonna yield but for sure its difference if I go with autoflowers, SOG, SCROG...?

Hydro best for yields. It's up to you, but you could grow bushes in that space. Curso grew one plant in his 4x4 space, and got just under 2pounds., 28 ounces, in soil.

Hydro best for yields. It's up to you, but you could grow bushes in that space. Curso grew one plant in his 4x4 space, and got just under 2pounds., 28 ounces, in soil.

Do you have any hydro systems to suggest? I think SCROG is pretty similar to growing bushes maybe even better, don't you think so? :)

Honestly don't know how you'd scrog that area. Check out Hempy buckets. It's lazy mans hydro and your not controlled by temps and power reliance. Aeroponics apparently is the best for yields.

Back
Top Bottom