Organic Liquid Seaweed?

fishychops

20141016_135222.jpg
Good day everyone

Saw this stuff in my local hardware store so thought id pick it up.

Just want some advice on how to use it i.e. would i mix it in with nutrients, use it alone or use it as a foliar spray?

Is this stuff useful? What are the main benefits of using it?

Hope youre all good and dandy :)

Fishy

Re: Organic Liquid Seaweed...?

hey man i found this for u .. hope it helps ..

There are many ways to use kelp with foliar spraying being the most
effective. You can improve specific growth stages by applying kelp
with a specific response in mind. For example, if your tomatoes or
peas are starting to bud, you can apply kelp to promote additional
buds. If you require more root growth then you would apply it to
the root zone after transplanting. Cytokinins respond within what
ever stage that the plant is in. Spray in vegetative then you will
experience more vegetative growth, spray in flower then you will
experience more flowering etc...

There are several forms that kelp comes in and some forms offer
more benefits than others. Granular kelp is often mixed in with
other fertilizers and doesn't contain as high concentrations of
ytokinins as liquid concentrate. If you are looking to supplement
your present fertilizer regime then you would probably add
powdered kelp. If however you are trying to promote more
flowering or budding sites then you would use a concentrated
liquid kelp product such as Growth Max or Growth Plus which
both have a cytokinin level of 400 ppm.

Foliar spraying is the most effective way of applying kelp,
since leaves are up to 8 times more effecient in taking in of
nutrients than through the root system. When foliar spraying
try to apply in the early morning when the plant is the most
active and the stomata are open to their fullest, avoid
praying before it rains, use high quality water with a ph
of 6.0, and any foliar spray benefits from a non ionic wetting
agent such as Mega Wet.

In conclusion, kelp can help germinate seeds quicker, improve
taking of cuttings, encourage rooting, build immunity, add more
colour and flavour, give a longer shelf life, produce more and
larger buds and flowers, counter any nutrient defiencies,
and fight off insects and disease. Kelp is truly mother natures
gift to the modern gardener.

Its interesting how it mentions that the leaves are up to 8 times more efficient for nutrient uptake thab the roots

Many use seaweed for growing, its a good source of potash and depending on the strain of kelp it can be a good source of nitrogen too. Also it supplies nearly all trace minerals.

Foliar feeding is much more efficient then root feeding its true. The main issue though is you shouldnt do it in late flower as it can get into or on the buds.

Im going to give it a go tonight as i didnt have a viable source of H2O yesterday. Wheb in flower is best to stop applying?

when the plants are in flower they start to produce resin .so when i see the leaves start to show crystals I no longer foliar feed because it is said that it will wash the good stuff off. but wouldn't rain do the same thing to a plant outdoors ? hmmmm

20141017_195105.jpg
20141017_195125.jpg
Yeah good call devils letuce. I'm quite interested in the chemistry of the plant if you could reccomend any sources? Sure it would come in handy when considering nutrients.

Ive given her a good seeing to this evening anyway :)

20141017_195105.jpg
20141017_195125.jpg
Yeah good call devils letuce. I'm quite interested in the chemistry of the plant if you could reccomend any sources? Sure it would come in handy when considering nutrients.

Ive given her a good seeing to this evening anyway :)

:bravo: fishy . that girl looks great ..i love those fat indica leaves .. what strain is it ? u can look in my signature below for good threads .
if u get more specific i can point you in the right way ..

Kelp foliar feeding, as devils letuce post shows, has been invaluable in my outdoor grow. The trace elements it supplies also help the plant take up the macro nutrients efficiently. The early morning spray for open stomata is a good tip - and the stomata are under the leaves so pay special attention to spraying there.

Bottom line - it just makes everything greener.

EDIT Spraying certainly won't directly damage the plant - rain won't either - but once in bud outdoors there's no need to get the centralising flowers any wetter than need be to avoid the old rot problem.

Cheers devils letuce, shes a super lemon haze from greenhouse. Shes got a very lemony smell to her :) i was hoping for a more sativa dominant pheno but im happy either way tbh. First grow so just cant wait to wrap a joint and get highhh :)

Cheers mr teddy, i also have a bottle of superthrive, so here comes another question to you all (i do appologise, very inexperienced and you lot have been paramount in my persuit of info, so thanks again to everyone lending a hand). Would the superthrive be made into a solution with the liquid seaweed or would they be used seperately? I havnt actually used the superthrive as a foliar spray yet, just added a drop per watering.

Thanks all

Fishy

i wouldnt foliar feed past week 3 or 4 or so. Whenever the buds get fairly fat. Because thats when water will get trapped inside and then youll get mold possibly which can ruin everything.

Also when you do foliar feed in flower its a good idea to shake the plant vigorously about 20 minutes or 15 minutes after the feed. Trying to dislodge any water drops that made their way into a bud.

Would the superthrive be made into a solution with the liquid seaweed or would they be used seperately? I havnt actually used the superthrive as a foliar spray yet, just added a drop per watering.

Fishy

Hi Fishy. Don't mix the kelp spray with any other nutes - or any nutes with any others that they are not designed to be mixed with. My girls got biobizz grow/bloom/top max every other watering and kelp spray inbetween. And presumably you know that when you feed, (in soil), build up the amount very slowly. Start with about one quarter of the recommended dose. Watch how they respond and follow what your plants say to you. I've burnt my girls enough to know this.:laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom