Selecting First Light

GetRealHigh

I'm looking at selecting my first light. I decided to go with an induction light but I only want to get one.
Would it be best to get a 5000kelvin light or a 2700Kelvin light for use through all cycles? It's for a dwarf AutoFlowerer.

Both lights at 400w.

Also do you have any recommendations for soil and nutrients?

depends on how long you veg. I use 3 gallon pots, works for me. some may say get 5 gallons, but again, depends on how big you want and how long you want to wait for treats :)

why are you using an induction light, are you sure that will even grow what you're after? they're a lot less efficient than MH/HPS. you would be better getting with one of those setup, or for LED.

there is a lighting section on this forum, take a look in there :peace:

These are supposed to auto flower after 6 weeks and it's a dwarf that isn't supposed to grow larger than 2ft. I'll probably go with 3 gallons then.

Wouldn't happen to know anything about the lights would you? I'm not trying to do that whole switching between different lights for veg and flower but I can't figure if I should get the 5000k light or the 2700k light. The descriptions says the 5000k is for veg and the 2700k is for flower but it also says that you can use either through the whole cycle.

why are you using an induction light, are you sure that will even grow what you're after? they're a lot less efficient than MH/HPS. you would be better getting with one of those setup, or for LED.

there is a lighting section on this forum, take a look in there :peace:

Didn't see your post before I replied.

I'm going with induction because they generate less heat but aren't as expensive as LEDs.

I'll look at the lighting section for figure out what kelvin to get.

you will be fine. For bigger yeilds, go with LED from 420 sponsors or HPS
however, you should get results

Great! I'm only trying to get a couple OZ from a two plants at a time. Do you think the 5000k or 2700k would be best? I found a LED for around the same price but it said it's for a 3'x3' area which I don't think is enough for two plants is it? My area is 4' wide.

you need both blue and red spectrum light to grow decent buds, one or the other will result in wispy, spongy buds. get an LED panel, go with what the growers on here who have been doing it for years use, there's a reason they use them :Namaste:

you need both blue and red spectrum light to grow decent buds, one or the other will result in wispy, spongy buds. get an LED panel, go with what the growers on here who have been doing it for years use, there's a reason they use them :Namaste:

Okay, I found two 5w LEDs that would cover the area and are in my price range. It says it covers these spectrums :430~440nm, 450~475nm 620~630nm, 650~660nm, IR, and white

Are these the spectrums I need? Thanks for the help guys.

One outputs 1200w worht of light and the 1600w worth of light according to the descriptions.

you would be better off with one of these units.

P450 – Platinum LED

every single grower on here who has bought a Platinum unit has had nothing but praise for them, including myself, I bought two of them :peace:

you would be better off with one of these units.

P450 – Platinum LED

every single grower on here who has bought a Platinum unit has had nothing but praise for them, including myself, I bought two of them :peace:

I see that it has 4' coverage at 18" but aren't you supposed to keep them closer than that? I would need 4' at what ever distance I keep them at.

optimal distance is between 12 and 18 inches, although many people run them at 24“ for better coverage.

what size is your grow space?

a P450 would be ideal, or, two P300s if you wanted better coverage :peace:

I did the math of the foot print of the P600 and at 12" above the footprint would fit my grow area perfectly. At 12" the foot print goes down to 4'x2.5' from the 6'x3.75' area at 18" so I was thinking about going with that one. Would that be to much light for my area?

Also I'm looking at the nutrients guide for the fox farms nutrients. It shows the nutrient use for a 12 week cycle but this auto flowers at just 6 weeks. How should I adjust the nutrient cycle for compensate for that? Also how soon should I start flushing after it flowers if I'm trying to flush for two weeks before? Will it spend more than 2weeks in the flower stage?

Here is the nutes plan I am looking at.

FOX FARMS FEEDING SCHEDULES

WEEKLY FEEDING- per Gallon
Sprouting and week 1--BigBloom 2TBS
week 2-- 2tsp Grow Big + 2TBS Big Bloom
Week 3--3tsp Grow Big + 2TBS Big Bloom
Week 4--JUST 3 tspGrow Big + 1/4 tsp Open Sesame
Week 5 same as week 4 unless going 12/12--

Week 5- OR--day 1 of 12/12-- 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/2 tsp Open Sesame
Week 6--same as above
Week 7-- 2 Tsp Grow Big + 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/4 tsp Beastie Bloom
Week 8-- 2Tsp Grow Big + 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/2 tsp Beastie Bloom
Week 9-- 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/4 tsp Cha Ching
week 10-- Same as above
Week 11--2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/2 tsp Cha Ching

At beginning of week 11--Check Trichomes-- Flush if ready.. otherwise, continue as with week 11 every week until you flush!

Thanks for the helps guys!

Back
Top Bottom