Is this fan sufficient for my needs?

fishychops

Good day everyone

Would the below pictured fan be sufficient for intake/outtake for a grow space with dimensions 200cm x 73.5cm x 53.5.

Depending on the response i get from you lot, im thinking of getting two for intake, two for outtake and one for circulation. All help greatly appreciated.

51wmW9UUe4L.jpg

Exhaust fan should be able to dump the air in the room once every minute or two. After converting your tent size to feet, we get 6.5' x 2.4' x 1.8'. The volume of this tent would be those 3 measurements multiplied together, so 6.5 x 2.4 x 1.8 = roughly 28 cubic feet. So we need a fan that can move 28 cubic feet of air a minute, or a fan with a CFM of 28. Other factors will reduce the CFM of your fan so its better to buy one that's too big rather than too small. Also, if noise is an issue, definitely get a bigger fan because a small fan at high speed is louder than a big fan at low speed. Carbon filters will reduce air flow by 25% and ducting will also reduce that further (by about 10-15% per bend in the ducting). I would suggest some kind of small/medium sized inline fan around 100 CFM if you aren't using ducting or a carbon filter; if you are, upgrade it until it can handle your room capacity (don't think you need anything more than 200 CFM). Only use active air intakes if you need them, I just use passive ones since I have such a powerful exhaust fan (590 CFM baby :) ). So invest the money all into one big exhaust fan (with a fan speed controller most likely) and a few oscillating fans for the inside, works for me

Thanks for the detailed reply Stealthboat.

Noise is a problem whereas smell isnt, so im not going to get a carbon filter this time round.

Are the larger fans much quieter? My space is near my bed so dont want it it sound like theres a jet taking off :cheer:

I saw a few 150 CFM fans on Google Shopping, check out a few of those. Yea computer fans are still too small. My 590 CFM fan is one that sounds like a jet engine, I don't think a 150 CFM could come close to the noise it makes. I'd suggest looking up a video online of someone demonstrating a 150 CFM fan to understand the noise level better.

Back
Top Bottom